The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini And Tom Brady's Email

Armada

I would exclude Higgins and Horvat. I don't think Horvat is part of the leadership group. Burrows maybe, and Edler?

Henrik, Daniel, Burrows, Bieksa, Horvat, and Hamuis would be my guess. I think I heard that Horvat was there or I was mistaken but saying that, obviously he is an essential part of the core and leadership group going forward.

Never en a fan of Brady, even before deflategate.

This string of emails both softens my disdain for him & inflates it.

I respect the fact he would be willing to meet with a team to discuss his methods/ideas on how to stay in shape... even if it was for a donation to his charity. He didn't have to. Could have easily just gone "no sorry, I cant" and who would have blamed him.

That said, my disdain for him also was inflated by the fact he gave Francesco Aquilini ANY of his time AT ALL. Of course that's not entirely his fault. I mean whoever put them in contact with each other is at fault....but come on Tom, do some research on the people you decide to go to dinner with.

Random side note - I cant help but notice how many grammatical & spelling mistakes Francesco made. Clearly not the most educated person. If I read these emails without the context of who they were first, I'd assume Tom was the owner of a successful business and Francesco was some moderately functional fan looking to meet up with him.

Also, I suppose the Bruins should thank Tom Brady for their Stanley Cup win a bit? Those tips clearly paid off it seems..... for the other Boston team.

Why would you say that? Aquilini is the owner of one of the most successful hockey franchises in the NHL. Why would he snub him?

BTW, there are lots of successful people in this world that don't have a post secondary education.

Never en a fan of Brady, even before deflategate.

This string of emails both softens my disdain for him & inflates it.

I respect the fact he would be willing to meet with a team to discuss his methods/ideas on how to stay in shape... even if it was for a donation to his charity. He didn't have to. Could have easily just gone "no sorry, I cant" and who would have blamed him.

That said, my disdain for him also was inflated by the fact he gave Francesco Aquilini ANY of his time AT ALL. Of course that's not entirely his fault. I mean whoever put them in contact with each other is at fault....but come on Tom, do some research on the people you decide to go to dinner with.

Random side note - I cant help but notice how many grammatical & spelling mistakes Francesco made. Clearly not the most educated person. If I read these emails without the context of who they were first, I'd assume Tom was the owner of a successful business and Francesco was some moderately functional fan looking to meet up with him.

Also, I suppose the Bruins should thank Tom Brady for their Stanley Cup win a bit? Those tips clearly paid off it seems..... for the other Boston team.

I work with plenty of big shots... Generally most people sent laid back emails. It's not grade 12 English provincials.

I work with plenty of big shots... Generally most people sent laid back emails. It's not grade 12 English provincials.

If people understand grammar and know how to spell, there really isn't "grade 12 exam level focus" required to send an e-mail in proper English. It's just second nature. They would have to go out of their way to make spelling mistakes, not to spell properly.

I've worked with bigshot and professionals as well, and an e-mail full of bad spelling and such would stand out in my experience. Especially in an "introductory networking" type of exchange, as opposed to setting up a BBQ with an old friend. Francesco is engaging in the former here.

I wonder why it was a big deal to keep the meeting secret and confidential. Is it really a big deal if people find out brady met with some canucks to talk about sports science stuff? Is he afraid if people found out, athletes would be lining up at the door requesting a meeting with him? Poor brady if that's what he's worried about! Can't really think of another reason why a casual meeting b/w players to talk about training would need to be top secret. I guess brady is pretty arrogant and has a high and mighty opinion of himself.

I mean, I remember the canucks talking to the spurs before about things and it was in the news and didn't need to be kept top secret. Manning would have met them no problem and would have invited the players kids so he could throw footballs to them! :) Brady may have more rings, but manning will always have more class!

If people understand grammar and know how to spell, there really isn't "grade 12 exam level focus" required to send an e-mail in proper English. It's just second nature. They would have to go out of their way to make spelling mistakes, not to spell properly.

I've worked with bigshot and professionals as well, and an e-mail full of bad spelling and such would stand out in my experience. Especially in an "introductory networking" type of exchange, as opposed to setting up a BBQ with an old friend. Francesco is engaging in the former here.

Almost half my emails are sent from mobile and so are many of the emails I receive.

Big shots are busy. He probably replied some of those on mobile while in between meetings or something.

People doing business are very laid back from my experience and many will think you're stuck up and not friendly if you're replying with perfect grammar and punctuation.

It's different if you're working legal and sending lawyer letters or what not but from my experience if you're doing day to day business, you're sending lots of emails on the road and making calls and speaking casually.

A guy managing a company as big as aqualinis doesn't have time to write proper essays. Maybe a guy working a 9-5 job that isn't performance driven does, but not a guy working 12+ hours daily.

Some people do though, If you don't then just ignore it? Why even post.

Because it is emails from an ongoing suit with the NFL and while aqua man might be involved it is really nothing more than tabloid gossip at best. The equivalent of reading someones text over their shoulder man

Privacy just doesn't exist to you or most in this world it seems.

Archived