The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flames Fan Sends Canucks GM Jim Benning Thank You Flowers

Armada

Seems like they're the ones trolling. For a team that I would say overachieved quite a bit last season, I would say them trolling us is pretty silly.

Don't get me wrong it's very silly and stupid of flames fans to act like this. I just don't want to see an article of us thanking their GM with flowers in retaliation.

Classy move by a classy fan

/s

Maybe JB and Willie should use this as a motivational tool, like the cardboard cutout of the owner in Major League. That'd teach the cow-town clown if we out perform the Flames this year.

Seems like they're the ones trolling. For a team that I would say overachieved quite a bit last season, I would say them trolling us is pretty silly.

^

Even in the off season these losers are obsessing about all things Canuck related. the Cowgary Phlegms win one round in their fluke run and all of a sudden they think they can mock a franchise/fan base that has had the most success out of all Canadian teams in the past 15 years. I hope Sutter sees this and have a breakout year next season. I'll remember to revisit this when were ahead of them in the standings....AGAIN.

Look at this pathetic fan base make a 30 min video of their 2015 playoff tribute LMAO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQkCWd5LbI

It's funny. Take in stride people, no need to be uptight about something that's clearly a light hearted jab.

Sweet jesus.

EDIT: topkek

5C4giaY.png

rYkbzH9.png

8PqT1Le.png

Incredible :lol::lol:

Some gems in that thread.

He may not necessarily deserve it, but Benning is the running joke of hfboards right now.

The Calgary Flames have made it past the first round 2 times in 25 years, their fans shouldnt be making fun of anyone.

Edit: The irony is that if the Canucks didnt use the terrible Flames as a pacific division doormat all of those years they wouldnt have finished low enough to draft guys like Monahan and Sam "one chinup" Benett.

Everything lined up for them last year, even guys like Engelland were scoring in fluke comebacks, i suspect next year Johnny Hockey Gnome and Sean Bieber wont be catching teams by surprise. I mean, really, who on earth gets up to play the Calgary Flames - a team that has been, outside of one fluke run, an absolute non factor since the cold war era a quarter of a century ago.

Sad how people on here can't just let this stuff roll off their backs, especially considering how often people on here give it to other teams' fan base.

Come on Canuck fans, it's "sort of" funny. More importantly, get used to being the butt end of every other Canadian teams' jokes for the foreseeable future. The Canucks had a great run of being a top team for a few years, and now we're in for rough rebuild, especially considering the defensive prospects we have in the cupboard. A real "who's who" of nobody's.

Sad how people on here can't just let this stuff roll off their backs, especially considering how often people on here give it to other teams' fan base.

Come on Canuck fans, it's "sort of" funny. More importantly, get used to being the butt end of every other Canadian teams' jokes for the foreseeable future. The Canucks had a great run of being a top team for a few years, and now we're in for rough rebuild, especially considering the defensive prospects we have in the cupboard. A real "who's who" of nobody's.

The stuff the original poster put up was kind of humorous, I agree. But when it comes to Flames fans in general, their attacks go beyond jokes. There is no other fan base that hates the Canucks and the City of Vancouver more than Flames fans. Just look at calgary puck where they have hundreds of pages dedicated to how Vancouver is no good and where they kept a thread about the 2011 riots going for about 3 years. Those guys have an inferiority complex that goes beyond the team.....

Just my opinion! Plus ive hated the phlegms ever since they kicked in that puck in 1989. :lol:

I don't get it. I think we are a better team than last year on paper. Sad that Bieksa is gone but he was a non factor to our success in the regular season last season. And same with Bonino. Sutter and Bartkowski are upgrades in both fields imo. Let em bash us lol...

The wild card is the sedins. Do they stay consistent or do they start to regress as age catches up. I personally think they will be top 20 again. Henriks an iron man ffs.

Archived