The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flames Fan Sends Canucks GM Jim Benning Thank You Flowers

Armada

The stuff the original poster put up was kind of humorous, I agree. But when it comes to Flames fans in general, their attacks go beyond jokes. There is no other fan base that hates the Canucks and the City of Vancouver more than Flames fans.

Just look at calgary puck where they have hundreds of pages dedicated to how Vancouver is no good and where they kept a thread about the 2011 riots going for about 3 years. Those guys have an inferiority complex that goes beyond the team.....

Just my opinion! Plus ive hated the phlegms ever since they kicked in that puck in 1989. :lol:

Comparing the cities the teams are from I can understand why the Flames fans would feel that way.

My goodness, who lives here and goes to Calgary for a vacation unless it's to see family?

Calgarians come here for a nice vacation, see how beautiful it is here and then they have to return home.

Once home they start hating on our team, It's totally understandable.

Seems like they're the ones trolling. For a team that I would say overachieved quite a bit last season, I would say them trolling us is pretty silly.

My friend has been trolling me all summer....and he's a Leafs fan.

The vultures think smell dinner...it'll be fun to prove that we're not dead yet.

The vultures think smell dinner...it'll be fun to prove that we're not dead yet.

Leafs fans are delusional. I have so many friends that are Leaf fans and when they come out of the gate hot or are in a playoff position mid season they strongly believe that it's gonna be their year. However, once the late season collapse occurs they shut up and I don't hear about them until next October. It's a vicious cycle. I must say, for a team that's been so bad for so long they are the some of the most loyal fans of any sports franchise on the planet. Something Canuck fans don't have in common.

Leafs fans should be the last ones to troll us over trades. Look what they got for Kessel.

Kapanen, Spaling, Harrington, a 1st, and a 3rd for Kessel, a 2nd, Biggs, Erixon. Not to mention they keep 1.2 mil of Kessel's salary.

And Canucks fans complain about us giving away our 2nd for a 3rd? They swapped their 2nd for a 1st that may not even be that far apart. And that's for one of the top scorers in the league.

Leafs fans should be the last ones to troll us over trades. Look what they got for Kessel.

Kapanen, Spaling, Harrington, a 1st, and a 3rd for Kessel, a 2nd, Biggs, Erixon. Not to mention they keep 1.2 mil of Kessel's salary.

And Canucks fans complain about us giving away our 2nd for a 3rd? They swapped their 2nd for a 1st that may not even be that far apart. And that's for one of the top scorers in the league.

Easy now...

The 1st, 3rd and Kapanen, well there are some items with value in that there pile? And the Leafs got them all.

Easy now...

The 1st, 3rd and Kapanen, well there are some items with value in that there pile? And the Leafs got them all.

The 1st is almost washed out by them giving up their 2nd though, since the Leafs will likely be finishing low and the Pens will be right up at the top.

So essentially the key pieces are Kapanen and a 3rd with the Leafs retaining 1.2 mil for the next 7 years...

Kapanen is a solid prospect, but Kessel is one of the top scorers in the league signed for 7 more years. I wouldn't be happy with that trade.

Incredible :lol::lol:

Some gems in that thread.

He may not necessarily deserve it, but Benning is the running joke of hfboards right now.

I am pretty sure when he gets it, he will laugh it off. And I don't think he gives a sh** what fans of this team, much less others think of him. He's a got a job to do, and he's doing it. Haters can hate all they want. It'll be a slap in their faces in a couple of years.

Archived