The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican Debate - More Trouble For Trump Over Sexist Megyn Kelly Comments

DonLever

From the CBC:

Donald Trump has been referred to as a rattlesnake and a drunk NASCAR driver by other campaigns, but the candidate himself says he's a nice person who isn't looking to get nasty in tonight's first Republican debate.

The 10 candidates leading in the polls will take the stage in Cleveland for two hours in a prime-time event sponsored by Fox News, in co-ordination with Facebook.

In a crowded field of Republican candidates — there are 17 in total — Trump has grabbed the most attention in the lead-up to the debate. He is the one candidate the others are developing a strategy around and who perhaps has the most riding on his performance, because all eyes are on him.

People are asking what version of Trump will show up in Cleveland: The blunt, confident, some might say arrogant, Trump, who has already made his share of eyebrow-raising if not outrageous and offensive comments? Or will he soften his tone and try to appear more serious and presidential, with some concrete policy proposals beyond keeping Mexican "rapists" out of the U.S.?

Trump himself said he's entering the debate uncertain of how he'll perform.

"I'm not a debater … I've never been on a stage debating," he told Chuck Todd on ABC's Sunday political show.

While he admits he is inexperienced, Trump isn't hunkering down with strategists and coaches the way other candidates tend to prepare for debates. Some of the candidates were practising in mock debates in recent days, while Trump flew to Scotland to one of his golf courses, which was hosting the Women's British Open tournament.

"I think I know most of the subjects very well," he told Todd. "We'll see what happens. But again, I don't think you can artificially prepare for something like this."

Insults already traded

One of Trump's advisers told the Washington Post that the candidate's preparations are "low key" and that Trump will get his views across in "a way that is not programmed."

Trump said he doesn't intend to attack his opponents, but, if they go after him, he will throw counterpunches right back — and throw them hard.

If you want to be entertained tonight, see the Republican Debate as it will be very interesting with Loose Cannon Donald Trump.

If you want to be bored to death, watch the first Canadian debate, coincidently it is on the same time as the Republican debate.

Trump plays the media like a fiddle, what a beauty, I hope he wins the nomination, it's pretty exciting watching him go...

On the local front, getting bombarded with Trudeau attack ads! I really don't know, the C's have a balanced budget, tough on terrorism and the economy is among the worlds best although selling off all our resources. I can't see the Liberals bettering that right now

Will watch Canadian debate.. will read the FOX News highlights of the GOP debate for relevant information and will read the CNN/HuffingtonPost highlights for their outrage at anything Trump related.

Fair and unbiased is the way to go for sure.

Trump plays the media like a fiddle, what a beauty, I hope he wins the nomination, it's pretty exciting watching him go...

On the local front, getting bombarded with Trudeau attack ads! I really don't know, the C's have a balanced budget, tough on terrorism and the economy is among the worlds best although selling off all our resources. I can't see the Liberals bettering that right now

Say what now? Or are you just trusting that everything they say in their ads and speeches is true?

But yeah, the republican debate should be a gong show.

Will watch Canadian debate.. will read the FOX News highlights of the GOP debate for relevant information and will read the CNN/HuffingtonPost highlights for their outrage at anything Trump related.

Why am I not surprised by this - oh wait, I know, it's because every article you've been posting here for the last while is from FOX News.

Why am I not surprised by this - oh wait, I know, it's because every article you've been posting here for the last while is from FOX News.

You obviously haven't been reading the links. The last 6 or 7 threads I made (all of which you've been whining about) weren't FOX News. I purposely made them look like it was FOX News just for people who obsessively whine about it (only skimming the url and nothing more) and yet never read crap. Looks like I found Exhibit A.

NY5OPT1.gif

Anyways, I would actually watch FOX News' highlights on a GOP debate because they will actually talk about the issues debated rather than whine obsessively about Trump like every other media outlet will do.

You obviously haven't been reading the links. The last 6 or 7 threads I made (all of which you've been whining about) weren't FOX News. I purposely made them look like it was FOX News just for people who obsessively whine about it (only skimming the url and nothing more) and yet never read crap. Looks like I found Exhibit A.

Cool, so you're trolling people instead. Much better. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't reading the article and providing an unbiased view be enough?

Cool, so you're trolling people instead. Much better. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't reading the article and providing an unbiased view be enough?

I haven't the foggiest what the second part of your post means.

And trolling? The people who either read the quote and gave a valid response or read the article and gave valid response weren't trolled. Only the few geniuses who cried about the url and didn't read &^@# all were. You were clowned. Take it like a man.

I haven't the foggiest what the second part of your post means.

And trolling? The people who either read the quote and gave a valid response or read the article and gave valid response weren't trolled. Only the few geniuses who cried about the url and didn't read frack all were. You were clowned. Take it like a man.

Who says I didn't read it? Because I didn't provide a paragraph long response?

Do you really think I'm going to click on random links people post in threads, particularly when people like you admit to misrepresenting them? If the article is posted to read, I'll read it and decide if I want to respond to the content (as I did in the Rio pollution thread).

Who says I didn't read it? Because I didn't provide a paragraph long response?

Do you really think I'm going to click on random links people post in threads, particularly when people like you admit to misrepresenting them? If the article is posted to read, I'll read it and decide if I want to respond to the content (as I did in the Rio pollution thread).

The fact that you're crying about FOX News proved you didn't read anything more than the hyperlink text. It was proven repeatedly, this time I just finally let you know after your repeated threadwhining, and now you're giving me this sob story.

You're looking in the wrong place for sympathy if your intent is to go into a topic and post without even discussing the content of it.

:picard: Yeah, clearly I'm looking for sympathy.

But hey, why would I expect you to have a reasonable response to a reasonable question I asked in one of your threads (again, the Rio one) after posting on the topic itself? I remember posting on the one about the drone too, but was that really news and was it a completely objective source that considered information from both sides (hence my "news" picture reply)?

But go ahead, have at 'er. You won't hear from me again on posting fake FOX News links/articles/threads.

Sounds like something Trump would do if he was technically capable. Maybe we'll see some trickery out of him tonight.

On the local front, getting bombarded with Trudeau attack ads! I really don't know, the C's have a balance budget, tough on terrorism and the economy is among the worlds best although selling off all our resources. I can't see the Liberals bettering that right now

Yea our economy is good because we export everything oil related. We have went from millions of lakes protected to under 200.

Our land is being purchased by foreigners with no intention of occupiing, we sell water to nestle for 2$ a million liters

Harper continues to subsidize the oil and gas bullshi when we can become a world leader easily in alternative energy.

We need a trump

I´m watching the debate on FOX...

and boy...

Brazilians and Americans are both stupid in subject about politics...

Immigration:

USA: about Mexico. Illegal immigrants, build a wall around Mexico...

Brazil: about Haitians, letting them stay here, teach them portuguese (sorry Haitians, you guys will hate our language), delevop Haiti so they don´t come here...

Terrorism in USA

Violence in Brazil

Federal intervention on Education in USA

Federal intervention on Education in Brazil

Global Economy in USA

BRICS in Brazil

war overseas in USA

renewing our military arsenal and buying new fighters in Brazil

some richie racist crazy dude in USA

some richie racist crazy dude in Brazil

Developing the entire country in USA

developing the Amazon (region, not the state) and the Northeast in Brazil

food for the masses in USA

how produce more food in Brazil

all the same :lol:

if for some wacky miracle Trump gets elected I´m out of this planet because the WW3 will start on the next day :shock:

Russia and China will not stand with this nut richie...

Archived