The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reports Patrick Kane is under police investigation.

Interesting. The woman who's accused Kane, deleted her social media profiles. Lot's of rumors.

Oh btw she did that before going to the police #shady

Likely because she knew that the instant her identity was known Kane supporters and people who inevitably believe her to be lying would threaten her and harass her to no end. Her deleting them has no bearing on whether her story is true or not and at this point there isn't enough information avaliable for anyone to say he did or didn't do it with any degree of certainty.

Considering that the acceptable standard in the NHL for "allegations" is to terminate one's contract as per LA's Richards then shouldn't the NHL be promoting this same standard for the Blackhawks?

I'm saying this tongue in cheek of course because the NHL allowing the Richards thing is BS but if this actually amounts to anything then there is only one choice.

It all depends on how much of a fit those on the left throw.

The more "outrage", the more the likelihood the NHL's balls drop off and they kill his contract in response to the knee-jerk before the case has a chance to work it's way through the justice system (or even to an indictment).

Who in the frak plused this ? :picard:

So there are no players with character issues on LA??? Did Kane not assault a older vet over pocket change??? Do you actually follow hockey or just the Canucks???

So there are no players with character issues on LA??? Did Kane not assault a older vet over pocket change??? Do you actually follow hockey or just the Canucks???

It's not about the validity of your statement (which may very well be coincidence. No way to say for sure) as much as it is the poor taste of it, which I'm sure most posters here would agree on.

I laugh every time I hear about this "character" issue crap with athletes.

Athletes are just people, and they are certainly better behaved than the general population, despite all the yes-men they're surrounded by on a daily basis that can easily lead an irresponsible person down the wrong road. Just going by the odds, and the impossibility of having nearly a thousand NHL athletes be squeaky clean, there will be players with personal conduct issues on every team.

People just think an issue is bigger than it really is just because it gets put under the media microscope. Likewise, people aren't able to logic-filter the intense amount of information they get barraged with, discerning whether something is really a big issue or not.

He'll get off scott free like doughty a couple years ago. Amazing how money and profile can get you out of rape charges...

It don't even really need money and a profile. Rape itself is a tricky thing to convict sometimes even with hard evidence. The girl being on drugs or plastered alone gets a lot of rape charges dropped.

He'll get off scott free like doughty a couple years ago. Amazing how money and profile can get you out of rape charges...

Except he hasn't been charged with anything yet. So money and profile have nothing to do with at this point.

But feel free to keep falsely accusing Kane when there are no charges against him.

I laugh every time I hear about this "character" issue crap with athletes.

Athletes are just people, and they are certainly better behaved than the general population, despite all the yes-men they're surrounded by on a daily basis that can easily lead an irresponsible person down the wrong road. Just going by the odds, and the impossibility of having nearly a thousand NHL athletes be squeaky clean, there will be players with personal conduct issues on every team.

People just think an issue is bigger than it really is just because it gets put under the media microscope. Likewise, people aren't able to logic-filter the intense amount of information they get barraged with, discerning whether something is really a big issue or not.

The Vancouver Canucks are the ones who use the term "character" when talking about players. That has been their justification for a few deals. My point was and still is that Cup winning teams have had players do dispicable or questionable acts, yet our management uses that angle to validate their moves. Coke addicts, Oxy users, woman abusers, alchaholics, and veteran attackers have been on Cup winning teams. Do you deny that?? My point is valid!!!

It's not about the validity of your statement (which may very well be coincidence. No way to say for sure) as much as it is the poor taste of it, which I'm sure most posters here would agree on.

Why is it in poor taste? Poor Kane?? Leave Kane alone??

lmao i follow the league and your post has zero substance

I cant stand kane btw

Interesting. The woman who's accused Kane, deleted her social media profiles. Lot's of rumors.

Q: Why would someone would delete their social media profiles before making a rape allegation?

A: To stop the misogynistic comments from anonymous a-holes who would immediately troll the accounts.

At this point it's an investigation, nothing more. If you can't wait for more info then you need a new hobby.

Shady ? Because she isn't stupid and knows it would be a vehicle for harassment ? U saying she is shady for having the intelligence to do that before reporting this ?Are u Kidding ?

Uhhhh, I'm guessing she did that before she can get bombarded with 10,000 hate messages from disgruntled Hawks fans. Pretty smart either way.

As for Kane, i'm waiting for additional information before making judgement on this matter.

Archived