The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reports Patrick Kane is under police investigation.

He already has a track record for being a garbage human being.

There is nothing on his track record prior to this which would lead one to believe he is a sexual predator.

Edit

Having said that a skin beef is as bad as it gets. If he ends up getting charged and convicted it won't be a fun ride for kane. A little guy with boyish looks, they'll eat him alive in jail.

I don't get molestation or sexual assault jokes. Don't see humor in the subject.

Molest - pester or harass (someone), typically in an aggressive or persistent manner.

I honestly think there's nothing to this story, which is why I'm making a joke. We see star athletes get accused like this all the time. Especially when they're at the height of their careers.

Some of them are legit yes, but the majority end up leading nowhere.

Lock him up then. Don't need to worry about the process. It's been established that he is 'garbage' so that's all the evidence we need, right?

Seriously, SMH

He choked a girl who wanted nothing to do with him at a Kappa Sig frat party?

Indicted on theft, assault and harassment over 15$

Started a brawl and choked a guy out in Mifflin all on video

Seen in Madison harassing women in bars.

Is publically intoxicated almost every weekend in the off season

Ugh the "process" who enjoys hearing that? Even so, if DNA evidence is presented and it comes down to his word or hers, I'd say there's some serious damage done to his credibility and character

Seriously, So Much Ignorance

Rape is indeed hard to prove, but that doesn't mean he is guilty or innocent.

This is gibberish; he is either one or the other. Maybe we should all wait until he is actually charged with something before we lynch him, eh?

Patrick Kane!! Please stop putting yourself in situations that involve you and alcohol. Don't take females to your home when you've been drinking, stop getting drunk in bars and stop your public displays of intoxication....get it! ...... Rehab my friend. Even if these allegations turn out to be false, PK still needs to address his substance abuse issues. I hope he seeks the help he needs, otherwise, he'll be throwing his great hockey career down the drain.

This is gibberish; he is either one or the other. Maybe we should all wait until he is actually charged with something before we lynch him, eh?

The Mafia thread is so dead today I actually got excited and thought I was in it for a second after reading this xD

Okay, I just want to preface this by saying what I'm about to write is purely hypothetical and I'm not trying to assign guilt or innocence to Kane on the matter. Now with that said, suppose charges are laid, what does the NHL do? We saw how quick they were to suspend Voynov for his domestic violence incident but I think we can all agree there's a huge difference between Slava Voynov and Patrick Kane. As a current golden boy of the NHL, do you think he would get the same treatment or would the NHL circle the wagons to protect a star?

Okay, I just want to preface this by saying what I'm about to write is purely hypothetical and I'm not trying to assign guilt or innocence to Kane on the matter. Now with that said, suppose charges are laid, what does the NHL do? We saw how quick they were to suspend Voynov for his domestic violence incident but I think we can all agree there's a huge difference between Slava Voynov and Patrick Kane. As a current golden boy of the NHL, do you think he would get the same treatment or would the NHL circle the wagons to protect a star?

An excellent point; Kane is a true blue American success story whereas Voynov is an "alien".

Reserving opinion until more is learned about all of this.

Not a Kane fan by any stretch of the imagination but he deserves his due process before all of this rampant speculation gets out of control (not like it hasn't already).

Agree 100%. I too can take Kane or leave him and certainly don't want him on my team. He's a cocky zillionaire superstar which makes him the subject of much envy and he's no shrinking violet either which is unwise for a man of his stature. I find it weird that the cops are having press conferences even before charges are laid. This suggests to me that they will be under pressure to find SOMETHING to charge him with lest they look bad for starting this whole thing. One wonders that if charges aren't laid at all whether or not Kane can sue for defamation.

Look at the teams that have won the Cup lately. Each of them has had players with "character" issues. Canucks have let go good players with skills we as a team need. The reason was apparently related to character issues. Obviously character, or lack thereof, is not a deciding factor for success in the NHL.

Reaching much?

Agree 100%. I too can take Kane or leave him and certainly don't want him on my team. He's a cocky zillionaire superstar which makes him the subject of much envy and he's no shrinking violet either which is unwise for a man of his stature. I find it weird that the cops are having press conferences even before charges are laid. This suggests to me that they will be under pressure to find SOMETHING to charge him with lest they look bad for starting this whole thing. One wonders that if charges aren't laid at all whether or not Kane can sue for defamation.

Wot.

That's not how police investigation work, they didn't "start this whole thing" they have a duty to investigate any accusations and take them seriously. They aren't the ones accusing him, they are just investigating to find more information (as they should).

Wot.

That's not how police investigation work, they didn't "start this whole thing" they have a duty to investigate any accusations and take them seriously. They aren't the ones accusing him, they are just investigating to find more information (as they should).

There's that and Hamburg isn't exactly known to be harsh and unfair when it comes to the justice system (unless you were a tractor trailer driver in the 80's-90's). The Hamburg cops are pretty deliberate when it comes to investigations.

The potential problem for Kane is that if he is indicted, this is high profile enough for Sedita to try the case himself if he chooses to.

P.S. Before anybody asks how would I know, Hamburg is only 15 minutes south of Buffalo.

Reserving opinion until more is learned about all of this.

Not a Kane fan by any stretch of the imagination but he deserves his due process before all of this rampant speculation gets out of control (not like it hasn't already).

Well seeing how you brought up the word speculation...

Kane probably met the young lady in a bar somewhere...had a few drinks (probably bottle service in a quiet intimate area of the establishment)...whispers of a little something-something exchanged between the two...young lady decides to leave with Kane...when things get heated, young lady decides that she's had enough...Kane doesn't understand no means no...young lady realizes Kane is not a gentleman and files a complaint with the police...the police follow up, as they should, and given Kane's profile, they release a public statement...and then media circus begins. There's probably going to be some DNA evidence, so Kane's defense will probably be that it was consensual. Where have we seen this play out before?

In all seriousness, the allegations made against Kane are serious...if he did what he's accused of, then he should be subject to the full extent of the law. If not, then the young lady will have some tough questions to answer herself.

Well Bout 1/2 the NHL isn't fine in your books then.... Or do you mean if they get caught?

I guess I shoulda worded that better. If they wanna use drugs, sure go ahead. They're only hurting themselves and it doesn't really impact the integrity of the game like steroids. Something like rape is more what I was referring to.

Those are nothing more than the ramblings of a syphilitic mind.

The victim went to the cops with an accusation of rape, they had a rape kit examination administered, they found evidence of a sexual assault and they assigned the case to an officer from the SVU and they're probably waiting for DNA results.

Archived