The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The best trade Benning never made

Me_

Lol playoff teams don't sell guys like Hammer and vrby.

Canucks will be deep in playoff contention as we were this year.

I'll take the picks. Too many better options with UFA's & prospects. Vrbata & Hamhuis can be replaced & we get 1st rounders as well...no brainer.

Contention for a Playoff spot & contenders for the Cup are 2 different things...

Kinda like the difference between Mr.Creed & Mr.Stallone. Pretty style vs Heart. Heart wins...

Rocky!!!

Unless Sbisa is ready to fill the gaping hole Hamhuis will leave I'd be more than happy bringing Backes here. D is/should our main priority.

how about Seabrook instead...What makes you think we can't find some nice D with 20+ Million in cap space after next year....???

2016 offseason

OUT:

Vrabata (5)

Hamhuis (4.5)

Higgins (2.5)

Prust (2.5)

Burrows (4.5)

Webber (1.5)

21.5 mill 6 players

IN:

Seabrook (7 mill)

Lucic ( 6.75mill)

Backes (6.75 mill)

Leaves 1 mill to spread out over a 4th line player and the cap hit of a young forward (Kenins 750,00, virtanen 900,00)

Sedin Sedin Backes

Lucic Sutter Virtanen

Beartschi Horvat Hansen

Kenins cassels Dorsett

Vey

Seabrook Tanev

Edler Corrado

Sbisa Bartiwski

Not to mention we should be able to get picks and prospects out of moving Vrbata, burrows, hammer.

That forward group is killer, d corps needs a more experienced 2nd pairing RD but maybe Corrado fills that spot well by next year.

that second line sucks, finishes season with 0 assists

I'll take the picks. Too many better options with UFA's & prospects. Vrbata & Hamhuis can be replaced & we get 1st rounders as well...no brainer.

Contention for a Playoff spot & contenders for the Cup are 2 different things...

Kinda like the difference between Mr.Creed & Mr.Stallone. Pretty style vs Heart. Heart wins...

Rocky!!!

Creed had heart man. I think you were looking for Clubber, Drago or Tommy Gunn for your example.

"Don't stop this fight no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT."

I just will never understand the obsession that some people here have with Lucic. He is a big, slow, roid raging caveman.

It comes from the Canucks being pushed around in 2011 finals. There are clowns that think that bringing in Lucic will all of a sudden make the Canucks a tough team and lead to Stanley Cups as if we still had the skilled team we did back then.

2016 offseason

OUT:

Vrabata (5)

Hamhuis (4.5)

Higgins (2.5)

Prust (2.5)

Burrows (4.5)

Webber (1.5)

21.5 mill 6 players

IN:

Seabrook (7 mill)

Lucic ( 6.75mill)

Backes (6.75 mill)

Leaves 1 mill to spread out over a 4th line player and the cap hit of a young forward (Kenins 750,00, virtanen 900,00)

Sedin Sedin Backes

Lucic Sutter Virtanen

Beartschi Horvat Hansen

Kenins cassels Dorsett

Vey

Seabrook Tanev

Edler Corrado

Sbisa Bartiwski

Not to mention we should be able to get picks and prospects out of moving Vrbata, burrows, hammer.

That forward group is killer, d corps needs a more experienced 2nd pairing RD but maybe Corrado fills that spot well by next year.

Not exactly the definition of getting younger and faster.

Also Corrado, Vey, Kenins, Bartkowski, Baertschi would need to be re-signed - if their performance doesn't warrant a raise then they probably aren't the right players for the team.

That is if Benning trades Vrbata and Hamhuis? If we are in a position to make the playoffs there is no way Benning trades them. In that case we would lose them in the offseason for nothing.

Well we did get them for nothing as well. ;)

I like how people keeps on dreaming Lucic is coming to Vancouver next year. As if LA management is a sack of pucks and will watch their 2 prospect + 1st rounder go to waste. And as if Lucic hasn't been openly critical of how he hates being around Vancouver.

There's basically a 85% chance he'll resign with LA. If he hits free agency market, there are 30 teams for him to choose from.

Huge overpayment for what could be a rental player for LA, very glad we didn't make the same move (mistake). Vrbata will provide more offense for 2+ mill less (that buys a Dorsett or Prust to do the hitting for you, sure not comparable hits but still...) let somebody else take this guy on. 7mill for what likely will be Higgins like production is a big handle, glad we don't have this.

Lol playoff teams don't sell guys like Hammer and vrby.

Canucks will be deep in playoff contention as we were this year.

So...2 wins deep? To the worst (or, I guess, 2nd worst) team in the playoffs?

:blink:

Yikes! I'll stick with the extra picks.

I like how people keeps on dreaming Lucic is coming to Vancouver next year. As if LA management is a sack of pucks and will watch their 2 prospect + 1st rounder go to waste. And as if Lucic hasn't been openly critical of how he hates being around Vancouver.

There's basically a 85% chance he'll resign with LA. If he hits free agency market, there are 30 teams for him to choose from.

L.A. just watched their prospect + 1st rounder from the Sekera deal go to waste. And he excelled in the short time he was there.

Acquiring Lucic was L.A.'s chance to go for one more cup while they still have the cap room to add a player like that. (And even then, they paid a premium for Boston to retain 50% of his salary.) Kopitar will need a 3-4 million dollar raise at the end of the year, and then Toffoli, Pearson, and King are all up the following season. There aren't any significant contracts expiring in that timeframe either. And they still don't know for sure if the Mike Richards contract termination will hold up.

So where the hell are they going to find 6-7 million long-term to keep Lucic?

Archived