The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The best trade Benning never made

Me_

ship out the usual suspects (vrbata, hamhuis, higgins, burrows, weber, prust and even hansen).

bring in lucic, seabrook, ladd.

sedin-sedin-lucic

ladd-sutter-baertschi

kenins-horvat-virtanen

gaunce-cassels-dorsett

vey

edler-seabrook

sbisa-tanev

bartkowski-corrado

whoever

miller

markstrom

You really want Lucic to mentor our players? The guy who made threats in the handshake lineup? I'm ok if Canucks sign him at a reasonable price, but not sure I want him "mentoring" our young players, unless he can show he has grown up in the past year.

I think if he comes the Canucks, Linden and Benning would have a conversation with him about his role on the team on and off the ice and with the young players. People can grow and change over time and Linden and Benning wouldn't put Lucic in a mentoring situation unless they were sure that it would be one with positive results.

I think if he comes the Canucks, Linden and Benning would have a conversation with him about his role on the team on and off the ice and with the young players. People can grow and change over time and Linden and Benning wouldn't put Lucic in a mentoring situation unless they were sure that it would be one with positive results.

Or in Lucic's case, they can shrink.

The market last year had...

-Chris Stewart and his 11 goals go for a second round pick.

-Curtis Glencross and his 9 goals go for a 2nd and a 3rd

-Antoine Vermette and his 13 goals go for a 1st and a prospect

-43 year old jagr and his 11 goals went for a 2nd and 3rd

-Daniel Winnik and his 7 goals went for a 2nd a 4th and a prospect

Vrbata's 31 are only worth a 2nd? Is this the twighlight zone? You are looking at a 1st and a solid prospect minimum.

-sekera went for a 1st and a blue chip

-Timonin and his wheel chair went for a 2nd and 4th

-Coburn went for a 1st a 2nd and a prospect

In that market Hamhuis is worth a 1st a 2nd and a blue chip

Despres was traded for Lovejoy.

Brett Connolly was traded for two 2nd's.

2014 Montreal got Vanek for a 2nd and prospect.

If this summer's trading has been any indication, don't automatically assume anything. That's my point. The season hasn't even started yet. Injuries, suspensions, etc. can really change the landscape.

Why are so many high on Lucic?

I (and others) can't stand the guy.

... until he becomes a Canuck, goes on TV and let's out a tear of joy in finally being able to play for his home team, then goes on the ice and absolutely destroys other players and puts the fear in them on our way to the Cup?

Yeah I hate him too...................

... until he becomes a Canuck, goes on TV and let's out a tear of joy in finally being able to play for his home team, then goes on the ice and absolutely destroys other players and puts the fear in them on our way to the Cup?

Yeah I hate him too...................

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people who truly hate Lucic are still extremely butthurt with his antics in the 2011 Finals. He was a bastard to play against and was an integral part of the Bruins winning it all that year.

I've heard that he is a bit of a douchebag in person, but if he brings his tenacity, ferocity, skill, and ability, he's a force out there.

I'm firmly onside with the idea of Benning going after Lucic (if he's available) next July, as I believe Milan Lucic would be a firm believer in giving the rookies a very safe work environment, while putting up points and crushing the opposition.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people who truly hate Lucic are still extremely butthurt with his antics in the 2011 Finals. He was a bastard to play against and was an integral part of the Bruins winning it all that year.

I've heard that he is a bit of a douchebag in person, but if he brings his tenacity, ferocity, skill, and ability, he's a force out there.

I'm firmly onside with the idea of Benning going after Lucic (if he's available) next July, as I believe Milan Lucic would be a firm believer in giving the rookies a very safe work environment, while putting up points and crushing the opposition.

He's just hack.

Putting up points? Maybe if he played with the Sedins - he had 2 good years, the last 3 have been mediocre/poor....

Would a hamhuis void be worth the return. Unless Benning has a plan to trade or sign another shutdown dman. Hamhuis stays.

Should have never let Willie Mitchell go, I think we won't make the same mistake again. Edler would make more sense I think to trade, contract year or not.

Edler is far more valuable then Hamhuis.

We need nastiness on this team, I am tired of watching "nice guy hockey" when the playoffs role around. If we are going to lose, at least go out with a fight, not the soft mush we are so used to seeing. The fact Benning even attempted to land Lucic shows that he knows we are a soft team right now, and there is no power forward who intimidates more than Looch. Bring him in next year!

We need nastiness on this team, I am tired of watching "nice guy hockey" when the playoffs role around. If we are going to lose, at least go out with a fight, not the soft mush we are so used to seeing. The fact Benning even attempted to land Lucic shows that he knows we are a soft team right now, and there is no power forward who intimidates more than Looch. Bring him in next year!

Yes indeed.

I second that emotion with a double post. Damn you Android!

ship out the usual suspects (vrbata, hamhuis, higgins, burrows, weber, prust and even hansen).

bring in lucic, seabrook, ladd.

sedin-sedin-lucic

ladd-sutter-baertschi

kenins-horvat-virtanen

gaunce-cassels-dorsett

vey

edler-seabrook

sbisa-tanev

bartkowski-corrado

whoever

miller

markstrom