The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The best trade Benning never made

Me_

where is all this coming from? Did you seriously just throw out a giant filibuster? You compare him to Lucic but then say he is faster. You say you compared him to Bonino because he is a similar sized american who is a streaky scorer? Leads me to believe you read hockey dB and came to the conclusion that high/weight/stats=skating. Then you backtrack and say he isn't a bad skater now but will be when he is 35? :picard:

Remember the Amex Line? It was all speed and Higgins wasn't out of place. He kept up just fine with Kesler and booth. Higgins is one of our best skaters and you say he is only faster than prust? What is going on here?

Sure he is fast enough ok then. But to call him one of the best skaters?

Facepalm dude Trevor and JB don't agree with you. Whatever speed Higgins has is gonna fall of pretty quick he is 32 he is no Marleau or Whitney who can play til 37.

Trust me his speed will be losing a gear not that he is the greatest skater to begin with.

Oh yeah he is 32. Didn't look to fast in the Calvary series either.

I can name dozens of guys who are faster than him on the Canucks.

Never on broadcast or anyone who talks about Higgins mentions he is a great skater. He has good balance and power but it is sheer will at times.

Like I said bottom line Linden and Benning think he is old slow and redundant.

Just like they thought Bonino and Clendennings skating would hold them back from playing their best.

I compared Lucic because he is actually fast in a straight line like Higgins with bursts but he is not agile.

Archived