The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Town of Salem

Intoewsables

:picard:

My apologies. I have no idea how I missed three fracking votes. I thought the nightfalls would be the difficult part, not tallying votes. Sigh.

All I can really say is that Drouin appeared to be gunning for a god kill anyway. Hopefully this won't affect the game much.

No worries toews. I honestly don't think it will affect the outcome of the game that much.

Having spent way too long puzzling over it, here are my conclusions:

--JL (Transporter) was shot by the Veteran (claimed by Aladeen), therefore he must have visited the Veteran (Aladeen).

--The Transporter switches two players. Therefore JL targeted Aladeen and Player X, and Player X was actually targeted by the Mafia.

--However, due to JL's switch, the Veteran (Aladeen) became the Mafia's kill (performed by Zfetch).

--The Veteran (Aladeen) ended up shooting the two players who visited him (Zfetch and JohnLocke) and Player X unknowingly survived the Mafia kill.

Does this seem right? I don't know what it tells us, exactly, but in a game like this understanding the mechanics is important.

Having spent way too long puzzling over it, here are my conclusions:

--JL (Transporter) was shot by the Veteran (claimed by Aladeen), therefore he must have visited the Veteran (Aladeen).

--The Transporter switches two players. Therefore JL targeted Aladeen and Player X, and Player X was actually targeted by the Mafia.

--However, due to JL's switch, the Veteran (Aladeen) became the Mafia's kill (performed by Zfetch).

--The Veteran (Aladeen) ended up shooting the two players who visited him (Zfetch and JohnLocke) and Player X unknowingly survived the Mafia kill.

Does this seem right? I don't know what it tells us, exactly, but in a game like this understanding the mechanics is important.

I am not 100% sure how Toews has it setup but in TOS if a transporter visits a Veteran on Alert the actual transporting does not take place and the transporter dies along with who ever else visited the Veteran that night, not those that visited the other transporters target. I believe Veteran Kills trump everything else except being jailed.

For instance a Veteran cannot be RBed when on alert. Though in TOS an investigation will still happen on the veteran in they are investigated while on alert but the investigator will still die. However that is true in TOS any way the investigator dies during night

Round summary:

There were two main discussion points: Baka's strategy and Dral's Sheriff claim. The lynch was a simple choice: Dral v. Drouin.

1) Baka's gambit

After the usual Random Voting Stage, the game kicks off with Baka's strategy. (I advise everyone to click the link and read through from there. It's only 3 pages - it won't take long.)

Zfetch, Aladeen, and MR initially oppose Baka's gambit. Virtanen was in the thread at the time but didn't comment.

(At this point Dral claims Sheriff.)

BOH supports Baka's idea, which Dral and Heffy question (Heffy suggests BOH might be Jester). JohnLocke and Beluga Whale voice opposition to the idea as well.

Baka and BOH defend the idea. Aladeen and MR argue against it.

Baka gives up and the idea is dropped.

2) Dral's Sheriff claim

Not long after Baka first suggests his idea, Dral claims Sheriff and 'clears' Virt.

Aladeen points out some flaws in Dral's claim based around standard TOS game mechanics (namely that he should not have been allowed an investigation yet.) MR suggests the role might be adapted for CDC gameplay. Dr S also disbelieves Dral. MR questions Dral's wording of his usual phrase. All three vote for Dral at this time (discussed below.)

Zfetch defends Dral once the three votes pile on, saying no one has counterclaimed him. Dr S points out no smart Sheriff would speak up and out themselves.

Dral votes himself. JohnLocke also votes Dral. BOH does too.

BW assumes Dral is joking. KH suggests he's the Jester and proposes Vig killing him. BW disagrees.

Dral 'admits' it was a joke, blames alcohol.

Milk and honey votes Dral.

BW proposes an alternative lynch: Drouin.

3) Dral vs Drouin

After Dral's claim, Aladeen, Dr S, and MR vote for him. Dral votes himself. JohnLocke, BOH, and Milk and honey all add votes.

But after Dral says his claim was a joke, BW proposes Drouin as a lynch for inactivity. Aladeen and Dr S agree and switch votes.

Zfetch also votes Drouin, although adds the caveat that inactivity does not equal Mafia behaviour. He also calls Dral the 'likely' Sheriff.

BW worries about lynching someone who can't defend themselves in a game where everyone has a role, and proposes a tie vote. However, it's too late, and (ignoring the vote count error) Drouin is lynched.

Final tally:

Drouin (4) - Beluga Whale, Aladeen, Dr.Strangelove, Zfetch

Dral (3) - Master Radishes, Dral, JohnLocke , milk and honey

Beluga Whale (1) - Horvat

Horvat (1) - Fox Mulder

BaerOxHitman (1) - King Heffy

King Heffy (1) - BaerOxHitman

No Vote (4) - Baka, Virtanen87, g_bassi13, Drouin

Actually I did get a message that I was transported... so this means that I was in fact transported and wasn't the primary target of the mafia. And I am now thinking that I may have confused Transporters action with witches and it is possible to transport an alert Veteran. Crap I will have to go check it out, I can't recall too many times that has happened.

Conclusions:

1) 5 people disputed Baka's idea. The first was Zfetch (Mafia). The second was Aladeen (Town until proven otherwise). JL (Town) later did as well, though not strongly. MR and BW are unknown. Only BOH supported the idea, which others pressured him for doing. Probably not too much info here, as we see both Mafia and TP disliking the idea.

2) Dral's claim is suspect, but I could dismiss it as Dral being Dral. Circumstantial evidence doesn't do him any favours, though. His reaction was clearly one of regret, not 'lol just messing' or anything, and only after others prompted him to admit if it was a joke or not. Zfetch, known Mafia, also defends him on two occasions. I'd support a Dral lynch today.

3) Dral 'clears' Virt. Virt has also been in the thread without contributing much (he saw but ignored Baka's strategy, for example). BW was the one to 'prompt' Dral to admit his claim was a joke, and was also the one to suggest voting Drouin instead. If Dral flips Mafia, Virt and BW are good places to look next.

3) KH and BOH voting for each other in the midst of the Dral vote. Odd, perhaps?

That's all I got. Time to go make dinner.

Archived