The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pie Appreciation Thread

thejazz97

Hi all.

With Thanksgiving coming up within the next few months here, I'd like to take the time to appreciate pie. Not 3.14, which in a very cool way translates backwards in to 4.13, or PIE, if you like making words with old calculators (I see you, former 8th Graders). But pie.

tumblr_mpsk4ll6gJ1sa73pbo4_250.gif

Mmm.

tumblr_mm1qhifaxZ1qbih6so1_250.giftumblr_mcgxq0YZ4R1rxgaoqo6_250.gif

Ohh yeah.

tumblr_m88vtsFvuf1rnde1eo8_250.gif

I love me some pie.

apple-pie-adventure-time-jake.gif

tumblr_n40tg80CWj1qmz4rgo2_r1_500.gif

bing_me_some_pie.gif

Pie is accepted essentially everywhere, as it is freaking amazing.

Contrary to popular he origins of pie started a long time ago... In the beginning, before the world was born... God created the heavens and the earth... and pie!

The pie remained hidden, buried in the ground for eons untold only to found by some poor Celtic sheep farmer named Meringuini who found himself in 300s BC Italy. Not knowing quite what it was, he took a bite... and instantly became rich with gold and every other kind of wealth imaginable!!

This new pastry spread quickly, and was eaten by famous people such as Julius Caesar (Brutus wanted that pie a bit too much), Cleopatra (offed herself because she thought she ate the last piece of pie), Gutenberg (where he got the inspiration for the printing press), John Lennon (they didn't say give peace a chance, they said give that piece a chance), and even modern-day heroes such as John Mayer and Kim Jong Un.

In fact, the controversial Holy Grail is in reality, pie. It was served at the famous Last Supper. Leonardo da Vinci, in a lost journal, praised its health benefits.

And now we eat pie today. Because it is freaking awesome. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy life while eating a piece of delicious pie!

19591_923354655_l.jpg

Kahlua pecan with vanilla ice cream, or pumpkin with whipped cream for me for thanksgiving. Outside of that, mom's apple pie or maybe a nice strawberry rhubarb (vanilla ice cream of course) any other time.

Here's a question, are crumble's closer to pies or cakes?

Kaluha pecan with vanilla ice cream, or pumpkin with whipped cream for me for thanksgiving. Outside of that, mom's apple pie or maybe a nice strawberry rhubarb (vanilla ice cream of course) any other time.

Here's a question, are crumble's closer to pies or cakes?

Closer to pies I would like to believe.

They are sooooo yum.

favs

pumpkin

apple

banana cream

chocolate

coconut

berrie pie(mix or single all equal imo)

least favs

meat

anything with lemon

I'm huge into Lemon meringue. Pumpkin, apple, and cherry are all really good. Not really a fan of meat pies either, unless it's like shepherd's pie or something along the lines of that...

Archived