The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baertschi Sutter Burrows

Boeser23

Will Baertschi Sutter Burrows make a sick third line let me know and if they do please make a lineup for our team

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Baertschi Sutter Burrows

Kenins Prust Dorsett

JESUS.

Our 3rd line looks better than the 2nd... and Kenny, Prust, Dorsett??? Most grinder line out there. You made a line up post like a week ago, stop changing a player then posting it again. We have tons of these already.

Sedin sedin Virtanen

Burrows Horvat Vrbata

Beartchi Sutter Vey

Keninse Prust Dorset

Edler Tanev

Hamuis Corrado

Sbisa Barkowski

Trade Higgins to St Louis for a 2nd round pick

Trade Hansen to Winnepeg for a 2nd round and 5th round pick

Then at deadline trade Hamuis to Montreal for 1st and 3rd round pick

Then at deadline trade Vrbata to Nashville for 1st and 4th round pick

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Grenier Sutter Baer

Dorsett Horvat Hansen

Prust Vey Kenins

Friesen?

This is based on what i saw in Utica and the performance on some of the players. Of course it is subject to change.

Grenier has one mediocre season on a very deep Utica team and you pencil him into the second line apparently replacing a 2x 30 goal scorer, nice.

My lineup would probably be (to start the season):

Sedin - Sedin- Vrbata

Baertschi - Sutter - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen (TRIPLE H LINE!)

Prust - Vey - Dorsett

I was really reluctant to put Baertschi on the 2nd line however when I looked at the Higgins Sutter Burrows line I failed to see any kind of scoring coming out of that line. I believe Sutter is a better scorer than meets the eye but the point still stands, that would be a shutdown line and maybe a turnover-other way-score kind of line that scores sparsely off mistake-prone teams. With Baertschi they'd have a good set-up man sheltered by two defensively minded forwards that can finish. The reason I didn't want to put Burrows with the Sedins to start the season is because the start of the season is often open, mistake-prone hockey which is what that line can eat up like dessert.

The Higgins - Horvat - Hansen line would be pretty great, as Hansen basically supplies the same role that Kenins does that Horvat needs, which is a fast, hard-working winger. I think Kenins is Hansen-lite. Higgins is a guy that sometimes confounds me. He's better than he often shows, and he has hands that he rarely uses. But honestly, that line would be hell to play against. Then the Prust - Vey - Dorsett line which... I'm back and forth about. Dorsett was uncharacteristically bad last year possession-wise, and I do believe that could improve IF Vey uses his offensive ability to become a driver of possession on behalf of Prust, who will probably lessen the load on Dorsett injury-wise. I didn't believe in the whole "we need another enforcer to make people respect us" but I do believe that Dorsett's play suffered due to the fact that he had to carry the load of a team that isn't all that physically inclined. Perhaps the addition of Prust will help him out, and especially the fact that he won't have to play left wing.

I hope this is how it shapes up, because this lineup looks, in theory, pretty contender-worthy.

Grenier has one mediocre season on a very deep Utica team and you pencil him into the second line apparently replacing a 2x 30 goal scorer, nice.

You can call it whatever line you want. 2 or 3, it doesn't matter. If he does well in September, injecting youth is always a positive thing. Apparently you misunderstood that. And if you saw it as replacing, then that's on you.

However, if you want to continue with a 2x 30 goal scorer who disappeared in the playoffs? Ok.

No change then.

If you don't agree with the chemistry of the lineup...give me yours.

I thought with Grenier Sutter Baer might offer some balance.

There are 3 guys you should be listening to talk about the Canucks imo: Linden, Benning and Weisbrod. Everybody else injects a certain amount of their own opinion and as such is probably at least a little bit wrong.

Having said that, more than one of the above guys have said that the addition of Sutter means that they don't have to push Horvat to be a 2nd line player before he's ready. Horvat himself will let us know when he is ready by his play.

So, to start the season, I'm going to make a wild assumption. Horvat will be on the 3rd line on opening night.

Or Or

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Sutter Vrbata

Higgins Horvat Hansen Dorsett Horvat Hansen Higgins Horvat Hansen

Dorsett Vey Prust Higgins Vey Prust Dorsett Vey Virtanen

Baer might even flip with Higgins at some point but I don't think anybody really wants to see that.

I've got Kenins as 13th man.

There are 3 guys you should be listening to talk about the Canucks imo: Linden, Benning and Weisbrod. Everybody else injects a certain amount of their own opinion and as such is probably at least a little bit wrong.

Having said that, more than one of the above guys have said that the addition of Sutter means that they don't have to push Horvat to be a 2nd line player. Horvat himself will let us know when he is ready by his play.

So, to start the season, I'm going to make a wild assumption. Horvat will be on the 3rd line on opening night.

Or Or

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Sutter Vrbata

Higgins Horvat Hansen Dorsett Horvat Hansen Higgins Horvat Hansen

Dorsett Vey Prust Higgins Vey Prust Dorsett Vey Virtanen

Baer might even flip with Higgins at some point but I don't think anybody really wants to see that.

Those lines look doable, at least for the time being. Assuming someone surprises us at training camp.

Apart of me feels that, if Horvat does well, the Sutter line and the Horvat line can be very flexible.

You can call it whatever line you want. 2 or 3, it doesn't matter. If he does well in September, injecting youth is always a positive thing. Apparently you misunderstood that. And if you saw it as replacing, then that's on you.

However, if you want to continue with a 2x 30 goal scorer who disappeared in the playoffs? Ok.

No change then.

If you don't agree with the chemistry of the lineup...give me yours.

I thought with Grenier Sutter Baer might offer some balance.

It's not on me, it's exactly what you wrote in your proposed line-up.

And they don't even make the playoffs without the 2× 30 goal scorer you so easily replace with a rookie so...I'll give Virby a break since no one else showed in the playoffs either unfortunately.

Archived