The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baertschi Sutter Burrows

Boeser23

I think Burrows would be great with Sutter. He is not as visible offensively without the Sedins, but remains a very very good defensive forward. I'm not sure how Vrbata would mesh with Sutter. I'd put him wit the Sedins[/quote

I'm really happy we have Sutter, and not Bonino. WD can do whatever he wants with the lines now that we don't have a guy who skated like a slug.

dank hank hansen ...the stats say it'll work, think of hansen doing what burr can do but faster than burrows at this point.

higgins horvat vrbata ...get horvat on to focus on offence more often.

baer sutter burrows ...baer passing to two good scorers!

kenins prust dorset ...who will want to play against these guys?

this lineup has balance and should help take pressure off of the defence. all top three lines have scoring yet can play two ways :)

if we had alain V (line matching) i would do

dank hank vrbata ...very offensive

higgins sutter burrows ...very defensive

baer horvat hansen ...very fast

kenins prust dorset ...very tough

Normally I'd say no but Bo is defensive and that line may be a possibility is virt makes the team.

Bo has very good offensive talent. And this year you all will be saying Kesler who. In the young stars tournament in Penticton Bo was the best player on the ice. He took the puck continually to the net. I was sitting beside two scouts from Winnipeg and after Bo took the puck behind the net and passed it out front too himself,(while he was skating behind the net he passed just as he was going behind the net) he had to jump a defenseman defending the wrap around(who didn't see him flip the puck into the air before corning the net. It landed on his stick and he just missed the top glove side. (had he not jumped over a defenseman it would have been in!) Anyways I was listening to the scouts talk about Bo. they said" I wish we could have traded up for Bo he may be the biggest steal in this draft" The other scout then said " Vancouver does not know what they have" And then it was followed with this comment." Bo brings the wow factor almost every night and from nothing." I really look forward to seeing Bo improve on the offensive side like he started to do at the end of last year. I really feel Bo makes us a contender with the depth we have added. And if our defensive core can get a few more points, it will push the Sedins numbers back up into the top 5. Which they would have been last year if you subtract the first three months.

Fixed a few spots for ya

You may have to have Hansen Higgins and Weber as spares to start the season till you get that return once teams start needing quality Vets to replace injuries or fill in spots that the other teams young kids are not ready

But your top 18 are correct

Yah i hope so id love to see jake top line but yeah just some where is important and if hes not reqdy yet send him down to the comets for the year would be good

No to every single one of the lines.

They are most likely, with the exception of Burrows perhaps moving up to the first, Vrbata to the second, and Hansen going to the third.

Prust - Vey - Dorsett cannot be a line. It would be horrible.

Baertschi - Vey - Vrbata would be way too soft.

Sutter should not play with Baertschi, Vey, or Vrbata. Sutter would be a good fit with Burrows, Prust, Hansen, Higgins, maybe Dorsett.

1st line - three most skilled players

2d line - Horvat and Hansen are already a good duo. Baertschi adds some pure skill.

3rd line - Three gritty defensive-mind players who can score garbage goals

4th line - Higgins brings the line to respectability, Dorsett protects Vey and perhaps opens up some space. Not a great combination but it is better to have Higgins with Vey than Prust with Vey.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Vey - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Dorsett

Prust - Sutter - Hansen

This is another potential lineup, with the bottom 3 lines playing similar ice-time 5 on 5.

They are most likely, with the exception of Burrows perhaps moving up to the first, Vrbata to the second, and Hansen going to the third.

Prust - Vey - Dorsett cannot be a line. It would be horrible.

Baertschi - Vey - Vrbata would be way too soft.

Sutter should not play with Baertschi, Vey, or Vrbata. Sutter would be a good fit with Burrows, Prust, Hansen, Higgins, maybe Dorsett.

1st line - three most skilled players

2d line - Horvat and Hansen are already a good duo. Baertschi adds some pure skill.

3rd line - Three gritty defensive-mind players who can score garbage goals

4th line - Higgins brings the line to respectability, Dorsett protects Vey and perhaps opens up some space. Not a great combination but it is better to have Higgins with Vey than Prust with Vey.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Vey - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Dorsett

Prust - Sutter - Hansen

This is another potential lineup, with the bottom 3 lines playing similar ice-time 5 on 5.

It's just not reality, our centers will go hank, sutter, Bo, and vey?. Bo and sutter could be 2a and 2b or even possibly switch by the end of the season but there is no way in hell that vey passes sutter and Bo for the second line spot, he was a healthy scratch last Lear and I wouldn't be so sure he's he's even going to get the 4th line center spot.

I could go on with the wingers but what's the point.....

I don't see the Canucks putting the extra pressure on Horvat to play 2nd line centre....he will spend one more year as 3rd line centre. Sutter is more seasoned and will centre the 2nd line. Both Sutter and Horvat are great in the faceoff circle so looking forward to that.

Can't wait for the season to start...this year is going to be entertaining.

Will Baertschi Sutter Burrows make a sick third line let me know and if they do please make a lineup for our team

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Baertschi Sutter Burrows

Kenins Prust Dorsett

Of the players you listed I think that Higgins and his hands of stone would make a better third line winger than Baertschi. I also agree with previous posts that suggest that rookies might push their way into the line-up. This will force Benning to make more moves.

Of the players you listed I think that Higgins and his hands of stone would make a better third line winger than Baertschi. I also agree with previous posts that suggest that rookies might push their way into the line-up. This will force Benning to make more moves.

Will any team take Higgens, or Burrows? Those are the most likely guys to be pushed out first, I think?

sedin sedin burrows

vrbara sutter baerschi

prust horvat dorsett

kenins vey hansen

were paying dorsett and prust like third liners we might aswell play them there

horvat needs to play with some low skill grinders so he can learn to be the main guy on a line

vey needs kenins and hansen to make him better

burrows on top line for defensive presense

higgins not on team because he is overwhelmingly underwhelming

All you guys that enjoy putting together lineup combos should go to the team scrimmages / preseason games. (of which I am also one)

I'm sure WD will try all these lineups and more. Then you can see what works on the ice when people start actually playing together.

Archived