The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal:Van=DRW

Well i am pretty sure you can only retain 50% so trading the Sedins and Hamhuis at 50% they still have 9.25 cap hit that detroit needs room for. Even taking Tatar and Smith back they are still going to be 3Mil over the cap.

NOT SAYING THIS WILL HAPPEN, but If we are going to go with a Crazy trade the Sedins and Hamhuis idea pick I would pick Anaheim. they have 12 Million in cap space. and have to sign Haglin and who say will Sign at 3.5 ish leaving them with 8.5 million in Cap space.

Sedins+Hamhuis all 50% retained

For

Theodore, Ritchie, Horcoff and 2016 1st. 2017 1st(We take Horcoff to help salary wise)

for the playoffs Anaheim lines could be

Perry-Getzlaf-Haglin

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Silfverberg-Cogliano-Stewart

Maroon-Thompson-Sekac

Hamhuis-Fowler

Bieksa-Lindholm

Vatenen-Despres

Looks like a good chance at winning to me, and the oppertunity to ice that line up Anaheim would be okay with giving up some future pieces, 1. Because they have 4 young NHL Dmen right now as well as 4 more good prospects. 2. giving up Ritchie hurts there pool but having Silfverberg, Haglin and Rakell as young NHL players helps now. 3 The 2 1sts are likley to be late in the round and comparable to a high 2nd not knowing if the player will pan out is a gamble worth taking for them.

That's a putrid package

Sedins and Hamhuis 60% yo tal salary retained.

Theadore, Silfverberg, lindholm, horcoff, cap dump

To Calgary D. Sedin (15% retained)

H. Sedin (15% retained)

(Conditional) pick 2018

To Vancouver: Bouma

Stajan

Klimchuk

Kenney Morrison

Carroll

1st 2016

(Conditional) 1st 2018

Are these guys any good? I like the two first rounders, but with the Twins as their first line (protecting Monahan's minutes) I see those picks being 25 to 30.

With this trade Detroit would be a contender a top 3 team.Team 1040 in a interview heard the Sedin'd would consider moving to a contender and has been stated many times since.

Actually they never mentioned "contender" (not that Detroit is one) just that they'd waive if asked. But they also said their preference was to play out their careers here even if it was in a lesser support role.

That is true but if we can get a good deal trading them then we should as we should have with naslund when he was still worth something.I have said many time that I hate that we keep players to long when we could have a bette team trading them!Benning has done this and traded players most here thought would never be traded.If benning has a shot at getting one good young player and picks plus extras I bet he would cause he wants a winner here and trading the Twins will help us get there faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Are these guys any good? I like the two first rounders, but with the Twins as their first line (protecting Monahan's minutes) I see those picks being 25 to 30.

I think Klimchuk yes will find his niche quickly in the NHL, if those 1st's are low then maybe ask for Markus Granlund instead at least.

Archived