The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to Wear Skate Jersey

Brendan Gaunce

They should go one step further and make it a retro night....have everything like it was in 1995 (within reason)

-Redo the on ice logo and branding to 1995 (although since arena branding has changed I can see how this might not be doable)

-Make game programs like they looked in 1995

-Play music/goal horn/whatever exactly like in 1995

-Bring back food prices from 1995 (i wish)

-Get as many people from the 94-95 team as possible to take the ice in a pre-game warmup, (If they were really smart, they would have a 90's Leafs/Canucks alumni scrimmage preceding the actual game)

-Re-skin' the Jumbotron to mimic what it would have been like in 1995.

-Show stats and clips from that same day in 1995, including game scores, scoring lead races...etc.

Really make it feel like you step back in time when you go in there.

Huh that's a random date to have it, seeing how it opened in September 1995, but it's cool nonetheless that they're celebrating it and love learning team history!

Don't know for sure, but isn't that around when CBC does Hockey Day in Canada?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We wear blue for the ocean, green for the trees, and white for the snow topped mountains. Those skates, and that entire scheme from that era, made no sense.

What doesn't make any sense is having an animal for a primary logo. West coast or not, the Orca doesn't even hold 1/4 of a candle to the Skate.

They should go one step further and make it a retro night....have everything like it was in 1995 (within reason)

-Redo the on ice logo and branding to 1995 (although since arena branding has changed I can see how this might not be doable)

-Get as many people from the 94-95 team as possible to take the ice in a pre-game warmup, (If they were really smart, they would have a 90's Leafs/Canucks alumni scrimmage preceding the actual game)

-Show stats and clips from that same day in 1995, including game scores, scoring lead races...etc.

Ok men to attend have to grow a mullet, but get 25% off!

This sounds like an awesome idea, I would actually pay for a ticket if this happened. Heck of a move by Linden, he is everything I dreamed of since he took the Presidents role. Now if only we can get Bure involved in the organization somehow

Huh that's a random date to have it, seeing how it opened in September 1995, but it's cool nonetheless that they're celebrating it and love learning team history!

Hope the team does more vintage jersey games, love the maroon V, the whites from the 90's with the skate (black ones are okay too but like the whites more), and of course the orca (all three of the orca jerseys were nice).

Just hope they keep Steamer's orange, black and yellow "flying V" jerseys in the archives. :P

I must be the only person who loves the flying V's. But maybe because they wore them the first year I watched hockey as a youngster, and it was a treasured memory I have of spending time with my Pa!

Archived