The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2015-2016] Canucks Prospects Stat Tracker

Last Updated: SUNDAY February 14, 2016

****There have been some changes. I have now added a sheet showing stats of prospects that played games with the Canucks. So, Virtanen's Canuck stats were previously shown under the 'CHL' page. They are now shown on a separate image. I removed McCann and Virt from the CHL image because they aren't going back. In contrast, I've left Gaunce and Hutton on two images (Canucks stats on the NHL image and Comets stats on the AHL image). I have also added in Anton Rodin as he is leading the Swedish League in scoring and is still Canucks property according to Thomas Drance****

Back for another season. Although the Canucks' prospect depth has been ranked in the middle of the pack, using a looser definition of 'prospect', the players in this thread provide many reasons for Canucks fans to be excited about more than just the team at Rogers Arena.

This thread is for keeping track of Canucks prospects through the 2015-16 season. Prospects are divided into five categories: Minors (AHL/ECHL), CHL (QMJHL/OHL/WHL), Other Leagues (KHL/NCAA), Goalies (Minors/NCAA), and NHL stats. 

FAQ:

Spoiler

1) How often will the thread be updated?

I plan to update about once per week

2) Where do you get the stats from?

All stats are pulled from the player's HockeyDB page.

3) How are players sorted?

Players are sorted by league. Since some leagues (i.e., KHL, Europe, NCAA) are less likely to contain a large number of prospects, I have collapsed them into a single category.

4) How do I find a specific player quickly?

If you are looking for a specific player, players are sorted alphabetically by first name. Players marked by bold font are those who I would consider the Canucks' top prospects.

5) What does the Canuck logo mean?

Indicates that that player has been called up to his parent club.

6) Why is Abols there, he isn't Canucks' property?

Yeah, but if Kenins makes the team, we'll be missing our Latvian quota and Sandis Ozolinsh will come after me.

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zpsqwgepbyd.png

MINORS_zpsimg0ebvs.png

CHL_zpsc3bbbrbo.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsi9ayptgy.png

GOALIES_zpsv0yzdpos.png

Might wanna take Clendening off there as he's no longer a Canuck.

Oh wait, never mind. I just read your post, lol.

Edit 2: Also, can this be pinned? I always find myself going to HockeyDB to find the stats of our prospects and this would be much nicer.

Down the River....

I like the cut of your jib sailor.

Bang up job. Should be a fun season to watch our kids in in their +1 seasons by and large in the AHL plus our new additions to the CHL and NCAA

Thanks good sir!

Definitely going to be fun watching the transition from CHL to AHL.

I wanted to have a more finalized thread by now, but there are so many ?s re: dmen playing ECHL or AHL and whether Virtanen or even Cassels make the jump to NHL.

• 1 month later...

Several leagues are now under-way, so its time for weekly updates to the prospect stat tracker.

Several prospects have gotten off to quick starts. Kyle Petit is intriguing to me. Great size, known for being an excellent F/O man, very smart player, very highly thought of by many coaches in the OHL. Could see him cracking the fourth line one day (McCann, Bo, Cassels, Petit?).

Zhukenov may be the most exciting player to follow this year, as everyone's favorite ten year old kicks off his first season in North America.

I have Abols on this list. He's not Canucks property, but I think there is sufficient interest that we continue to follow his progress.

Please alert me to any mistakes, big or small. The 'In the Minors' image is obviously going to change a lot in the next couple of weeks, so don't worry about alerting me to that.

IN THE MINORS (AHL/ECHL)

MINORS_zpsddri2qvz.png

CHL (QMJHL/OHL/WHL)

CHL_zpsph1fgd9w.png

OTHER LEAGUES (EUROPE/NCAA)

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsy0chfaqi.png

GOALIES (AHL/NCAA)

GOALIES_zpszcrjdzh0.png

Several leagues are now under-way, so its time for weekly updates to the prospect stat tracker.

Several prospects have gotten off to quick starts. Kyle Petit is intriguing to me. Great size, known for being an excellent F/O man, very smart player, very highly thought of by many coaches in the OHL. Could see him cracking the fourth line one day (McCann, Bo, Cassels, Petit?).

Zhukenov may be the most exciting player to follow this year, as everyone's favorite ten year old kicks off his first season in North America.

I have Abols on this list. He's not Canucks property, but I think there is sufficient interest that we continue to follow his progress.

Please alert me to any mistakes, big or small. The 'In the Minors' image is obviously going to change a lot in the next couple of weeks, so don't worry about alerting me to that.

IN THE MINORS (AHL/ECHL)

MINORS_zpsddri2qvz.png

CHL (QMJHL/OHL/WHL)

CHL_zpsph1fgd9w.png

OTHER LEAGUES (EUROPE/NCAA)

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsy0chfaqi.png

GOALIES (AHL/NCAA)

GOALIES_zpszcrjdzh0.png

Thanks for doing this again this year.

Are you using Google Sheets or Excel for this? If you want, I could help you automate the process with a few web queries. You'll never need to copy paste again.

Thanks for doing this again this year.

Are you using Google Sheets or Excel for this? If you want, I could help you automate the process with a few web queries. You'll never need to copy paste again.

Sounds cool, I don't know anything about that. I use excel and have each player's name hyper-linked to their hockey db page. I enter GP, G, A, +/- and PIMs and then have formulas for excel to calculate points and points per games played.

If there is an easier way to do it, would love to know.

Archived