Canucks Community

[2015-2016] Canucks Prospects Stat Tracker

OP Updated with stats through Saturday November 28:

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zpsb0qs7rrn.png
MINORS_zpsvzruzilq.png
OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsf8dx5ftm.png
GOALIES_zpsttwfp2l6.png
CHL_zpspxvxgolr.png

Utica has strung together a two-game winning streak and it seems like all the young guys are contributing (even if they are not necessarily picking up points... everyone's +/- went up over the week). Looked like Cassels got into his first scrap. He's had trouble putting up points... but then again so did Shink in his first year, so I think Cole gets a big break here.

Been disappointed with Kyle Petit. With McDavid gone, I thought he'd have a bit of a break-out season. He was rated quite highly around the OHL in terms of his FO ability and smarts, but clearly those alone won't result in a statistically successful season. 

Carl Neil continues to be the most consistent point-producer... rarely does he leave a game without having his name on the scoreboard. Still at a point-per-game pace past the quarter pole. 

The only two guys on North Dakota that are ahead of Boeser in points are Chicago's first round pick in 2014 and a 21 year old senior. Great sign for Boeser. Demko has slightly come back to reality, but his reality is still scary good as he hasn't lost a game in a couple months.

According to Coach Green, Cole Cassels is on a development plan.  He played much of his final year in junior with an abdominal injury and wasn't able to train properly in the off season.  Green is bringing him along slowly this year and treating the early part of the season as a training session.  As he gets up to speed, I think we'll see some improvement in his stats.  Shinkaruk had a similar slow start last year due to off season surgery.

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

According to Coach Green, Cole Cassels is on a development plan.  He played much of his final year in junior with an abdominal injury and wasn't able to train properly in the off season.  Green is bringing him along slowly this year and treating the early part of the season as a training session.  As he gets up to speed, I think we'll see some improvement in his stats.  Shinkaruk had a similar slow start last year due to off season surgery.

Very confident in Travis Green's coaching and development ability. Got a chuckle when I saw the 5 minute fighting major for Cassels.

If Desjardin was older than 58 I would be hoping that Green would end up coaching in Vancouver. I cannot see the stars aligning as Green should get NHL offers before Willie retires. The caveat is that the Canucks crater this year and the re-build is accelerated. It is interesting how much time both Benning and Linden have spent in Utica. Did Linden play with Green years ago with the Islanders? Medicine Hat Tigers alumni.  

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Very confident in Travis Green's coaching and development ability. Got a chuckle when I saw the 5 minute fighting major for Cassels.

If Desjardin was older than 58 I would be hoping that Green would end up coaching in Vancouver. I cannot see the stars aligning as Green should get NHL offers before Willie retires. The caveat is that the Canucks crater this year and the re-build is accelerated. It is interesting how much time both Benning and Linden have spent in Utica. Did Linden play with Green years ago with the Islanders? Medicine Hat Tigers alumni.  

Green showed up in MH the year Linden had his rookie season with Vancouver. Green was traded to Anaheim from NYI one day before Linden was traded from Vancouver to the Islanders, so the two never cross paths.

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Green showed up in MH the year Linden had his rookie season with Vancouver. Green was traded to Anaheim from NYI one day before Linden was traded from Vancouver to the Islanders, so the two never cross paths.

Thanks.

BC boy none the less. Still want him coaching in Vancouver.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

A lot of CDCers calling for Willies head.  I don't see it happening.  Benning didn't take a flyer on him.  Benning is much more deliberate and patient than to sour on the guy over a few ups and downs.  I see Willie at least working to the end of his contract.

In a perfect world, Green would succeed Willie in 5-7 years.  Unfortunately, he is too high quality to wait that long.  This is Greens first AHL gig is it not?  A year or two longer and he'll be ready to make the jump unfortunately.

Maybe the fight means that Cassels is beginning to feel more like his feisty self.

20 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

A lot of CDCers calling for Willies head.  I don't see it happening.  Benning didn't take a flyer on him.  Benning is much more deliberate and patient than to sour on the guy over a few ups and downs.  I see Willie at least working to the end of his contract.

In a perfect world, Green would succeed Willie in 5-7 years.  Unfortunately, he is too high quality to wait that long.  This is Greens first AHL gig is it not?  A year or two longer and he'll be ready to make the jump unfortunately.

Maybe the fight means that Cassels is beginning to feel more like his feisty self.

He is certainly more disciplined this year (recall his long suspension last year). I think it wasn't until around the 8 game mark that he picked up his first minor penalty. One major and a minor over ~15 games is a good sign IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated through Decemer 14th. Boeser is now on an 11 game point streak (I believe that # is correct). Friesen has been playing very well in Utica, hoping that this helps make the decision to send McCann to Finland. Continue to be disappointed with Petit's poor offensive numbers. Zhukenov starting to put together multi-point games and should be at a p/pg pace soon. 

MINORS_zpsjy55zezo.png

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zps22l4jabf.png

CHL_zpsfsael74r.png

GOALIES_zpskl6k88nm.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zps8duk1uez.png

Is Rodrigo Abols Canucks property? great job on this update by the way. I love your stat tracker. Just wondering about Abols. I know very little about this guy other than he is big, Latvian and was invited to our rookie tournament. I also know he currently plays for the Winterhawks. Thanks for your update Down By the River

24 minutes ago, Weise Army said:

Is Rodrigo Abols Canucks property? great job on this update by the way. I love your stat tracker. Just wondering about Abols. I know very little about this guy other than he is big, Latvian and was invited to our rookie tournament. I also know he currently plays for the Winterhawks. Thanks for your update Down By the River

Thanks for the kind words. He's not Canucks property, I only included him as many of us had interest in the kid based on his performance at the rookie camp. 

• -DLC- pinned this topic

Stats updated from Saturday December 19th:

EDIT: In the 'With the Club' section I have Vey's AHL stats, not his NHL stats. His NHL stats are 2GP, zero points, 2PIMS, -2.

MINORS_zpsm8ljdm55.png

GOALIES_zpsv50roo7c.png

CHL_zps339wv98c.png

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zps7cuijr4t.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsaf9u5kxs.png

Not shown, but Rodrigo Abols lit it up at the Div II WJHC. Latvia will be promoted to Div I for 2017.

Brisebois is slowly putting together a decent point streak with a few multi-point games.

College kids are off, so might not update for a while.

Canucks  prospects' stats going into Christmas break

Canucks prospects in AHL:

Shinkaruk: 23 pts (12G, 11A) in 22, Gaunce: 15 pts (9G; 6A) in 17, Subban: 12 pts (4G, 8A) in 22, Cassels: 1A in 21

Canucks overseas prospects' stats:

Tryamkin: 11 points (4G, 7A) in 41, Jasek: 2 points (1G, 1A) in 14

Canucks NCAA prospects' stats:

Boeser: 21 points (13G, 8A) in 20, Gaudette: 5 points (3G, 2A) in 18, Demko: 13-2-1, 1.62 GAA, 0.941 SV%

Canucks in CHL:

Neill: 32 pts (5G, 27A) in 31, Olson: 23 pts (2G, 21A) in 28, Petit: 10 pts (4G, 6A) in 32, Liberati: 25 pts (10G, 15A) in 30

Brisebois: 16 points (6G, 10A) in 31, Zhukenov: 29 points (8G, 21A) in 31

10 hours ago, Whale Tail said:

What is up with Valk? He was injured last year. Is this a new injury or still the same one? Kid had so much fight in him for a little guy. I was happy to see him sign with Comets. Haven't had a chance to see him play with them yet though.

He was supposed to return in Novebmer (http://canucksarmy.com/2015/9/30/utica-comets-sign-curtis-valk-to-ahl-contract), but it looks like that has been put on hold.

Archived