The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2015-2016] Canucks Prospects Stat Tracker

There's a part of me that wants to flippantly mock CDC standards and post bust next to what some would consider the appropriate names and future HoF next to the others in true CDC style.

Instead I will shrug my shoulders and smile knowing how much better that list will look in two or three years with consecutive years drafting 4 or 5 times in the first 3 rounds with early picks.

Kids are looking good, Gaunce looks ready to step in.  Shinkaruk looks so promising.  Cassels and Subban need 2-3 years to marinate and find themselves.  Boeser and Demko will be gems after they leave college and acclimate to a pro level game.  

We've nothing but time right now and in 2-3 years they'll look damned good, if these fans can stop labeling everyone a bust or putting way to much hope and emphasis on every single shift they play like they're the next coming of Howe

How's Cassels doing in Utica? 1A in 21 games played? 

Yikes, maybe he's being sheltered which I see no problem as Green did that to Shinkaruk/Gaunce and they've turn into performers for Utica. Green really knows what he's doing back there.

Neill at 6'3 200 pounds who's also a PMD could be a potential gem. 

And with Boeser getting recognition from everywhere and the World Juniors just around the corner, hopefully Boeser rips **** up.

Demko's easily going to be our number one very soon. Hopefully they both sign contracts and come to us next year. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There's a part of me that wants to flippantly mock CDC standards and post bust next to what some would consider the appropriate names and future HoF next to the others in true CDC style.

Instead I will shrug my shoulders and smile knowing how much better that list will look in two or three years with consecutive years drafting 4 or 5 times in the first 3 rounds with early picks.

Kids are looking good, Gaunce looks ready to step in.  Shinkaruk looks so promising.  Cassels and Subban need 2-3 years to marinate and find themselves.  Boeser and Demko will be gems after they leave college and acclimate to a pro level game.  

We've nothing but time right now and in 2-3 years they'll look damned good, if these fans can stop labeling everyone a bust or putting way to much hope and emphasis on every single shift they play like they're the next coming of Howe

this. 

12 minutes ago, Odd. said:

How's Cassels doing in Utica? 1A in 21 games played? 

Yikes, maybe he's being sheltered which I see no problem as Green did that to Shinkaruk/Gaunce and they've turn into performers for Utica. Green really knows what he's doing back there.

Neill at 6'3 200 pounds who's also a PMD could be a potential gem. 

And with Boeser getting recognition from everywhere and the World Juniors just around the corner, hopefully Boeser rips **** up.

Demko's easily going to be our number one very soon. Hopefully they both sign contracts and come to us next year. 

Boeser will stay in college at least one more year, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Edlerberry said:

He said education is important and he wants a degree.

I haven't heard him say anything like that. But i do remember Benning saying that they were going to re-evaluate whats best for him after his first year of collage hockey or as Benning put it when he was asked about Boeser playing in the WHL he said something like one year at a time, next year he is going to UND and we well re-evaluate what best for him after his season is complete.

Thx for posting, so far it's been a solid season for most of our prospects. 

Cassels is still adjusting after being injured after his memorial cup run. Hoping that he has a better 2nd half.

Looking forward to watching Boeser play over the holidays.

thanks for info.  Think down by the river has been keep tracking of stats all season long though in another thread.  Just incase anyone viewing this wasn't aware.  Should be called: 2015-2016-canucks-prospects-stat-tracker/

Thanks for taking the time though to compile this list.  <3

If we lose Travis Green I will .... i dont even know what I would do.... boycot hockey til he becomes nux coach?  

hmmmm..... donno if i could uphold that though lol.

Travis is ours! he must be our leader!!! willie be gone b4 travis leaves :P

Kuzma had a nice article on Boeser on the weekend.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/gamer+brock+boeser+could+canucks+next+thing/11602716/story.html

“I’m just trying to take it one game at a time, and I just worry about the next day before I worry about next year or anything after that. I’ll just see how things turn out.”

I will not be surprised if he bails on College for pro hockey.  It must be very tempting to make the jump early.

Gauncer is on pace for like a 38 goal season in the AHL. He missed some time due to injury, but still is on pace to score 30, technically, we could have two 30 G prospects in the AHL with Gaunce and Shinkaruk. They could be our own Pearson and Toffoli

11 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Canucks  prospects' stats going into Christmas break

Canucks prospects in AHL:

Shinkaruk: 23 pts (12G, 11A) in 22, Gaunce: 15 pts (9G; 6A) in 17, Subban: 12 pts (4G, 8A) in 22, Cassels: 1A in 21

Canucks overseas prospects' stats:

Tryamkin: 11 points (4G, 7A) in 41, Jasek: 2 points (1G, 1A) in 14

Canucks NCAA prospects' stats:

Boeser: 21 points (13G, 8A) in 20, Gaudette: 5 points (3G, 2A) in 18, Demko: 13-2-1, 1.62 GAA, 0.941 SV%

Canucks in CHL:

Neill: 32 pts (5G, 27A) in 31, Olson: 23 pts (2G, 21A) in 28, Petit: 10 pts (4G, 6A) in 32, Liberati: 25 pts (10G, 15A) in 30

Brisebois: 16 points (6G, 10A) in 31, Zhukenov: 29 points (8G, 21A) in 31

liberati is penguin property now we let him go in summer 

On 21/12/2015 at 8:34 PM, Whale Tail said:

What is up with Valk? He was injured last year. Is this a new injury or still the same one? Kid had so much fight in him for a little guy. I was happy to see him sign with Comets. Haven't had a chance to see him play with them yet though.

Valk returned to the Kalamazoo Wings Dec 31, 2015, and had a goal and two assists in a 5-3 win - damn, it's like he never left!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived