The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2015-2016] Canucks Prospects Stat Tracker

Updated From Friday January 216

Surprisingly, Adam Gaudette has been the Canucks' top NCAA prospect of 2016.

Mackenze Stewart appears back in the Dub for the rest of the season

Alex Friesen may be higher than Grenier on the Canucks' call-up list. Shink continues to play at a near p/pg pace

Tate Olson in PG continues to be a nice offensive surprise. J. Subban is also having a very solid first season as a pro. 

Gaunce scored a beauty breakaway last night. That 'foot speed' problem doesn't seem to be much of a concern anymore.

I've added Bo Horvat to the list of 'With the Club'. If I'm going to have Vey, Pedan, Etem, I should have BoHo too.

MINORS_zpsjqyf77pw.png

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zpsybsafglq.png

CHL_zpszhtlrpxr.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpslin6n8jb.png

GOALIES_zpswlnzqaf3.png

thanks for doing all this and keeping it updated.  Makes it so easy to follow all the youngsters as they progress.  Did something happen to Dane Fox?  I thought he was doing ok in the ECHL, haven't heard anything about him but don't see him on our list any longer.  Being a lover of the underdog, I had hope that he would turn into another Burrow's type story.  

5 hours ago, skategal said:

thanks for doing all this and keeping it updated.  Makes it so easy to follow all the youngsters as they progress.  Did something happen to Dane Fox? 

4 hours ago, Yotes said:

Dane fox is off the list? Or am I just over tired and missed him?

I must have accidentally deleted him when I moved Valk up to Utica. I'll get him back on by Friday.

Updated through Friday January 22.

Not many games to talk about down in Utica. Fox, Valk, and Blomstrand are all picking up points down in the ECHL. Kind of wished there was room for Valk in Utica.

Demko picked up his 7th S/O of the season after a tough start to 2016. Boeser continues a 10+ game point streak. Gaudette still having a really strong 2016 and is above a p/pg for the year.

The Dmen in the CHL continue to pick up points, with Tate Olson in Prince George leading the way.

Mike Williamson was removed after announcing his retirement earlier this week. 

MINORS_zpswqlmouyh.png

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zpsxse9vwgm.png

CHL_zpstc7fl3d8.png

GOALIES_zpsnivv0zf4.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zps64wpvcz1.png

Hell of a night for our prospects.

Brock Boeser scores the only 2 goals in his teams 2-0 win and now leads his team in goals with 17.

Thatcher Demko records his 8th shutout of the season to lead the NCAA and tie a single season record with Cory Schneider.

Subban with a goal and an assist, Pedan with a goal, and Zalewski with 2 goals including the game winner.

Zhukenov with a goal and an assist.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hell of a night for our prospects.

Brock Boeser scores the only 2 goals in his teams 2-0 win and now leads his team in goals with 17.

Thatcher Demko records his 8th shutout of the season to lead the NCAA and tie a single season record with Cory Schneider.

Subban with a goal and an assist, Pedan with a goal, and Zalewski with 2 goals including the game winner.

Zhukenov with a goal and an assist.

To add to that:

Valk with 2G, 2A

Blomstrand: 1G, 2A

Fox: 1G, 1A

Updated Saturday January 30th

Boeser continues his point streak, same with Gaudette, whose been a nice mid-season surprise. 

Demko picked up his 8th shutout, which I believe either tied or broke Cory Schneider's team record.

The K-Wings seem to have found a real solid line in Blomstrand-Valk-Fox.

Shink named to the AHL All-Star game. 

Kyle Petit doing very little in Erie.

I've added Sven Bae and removed the +/- column given its not all that useful a stat.

MINORS_zpsg3rvfswc.png

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zps1lsdgzyp.png

CHL_zpslzrsx4fn.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsmk0lg1p8.png

GOALIES_zps0qfkiora.png

Canucks Prospect Mid-Season Awards:

Winner based on their performance within their respective league as opposed to comparing the quality of each player to one another

Best rookie defenceman: Ben Hutton (runner up: Jordan Subban)

Best rookie forward: Brock Boeser (runner up: Jared McCann)

Biggest disappointment*: Kyle Petit (runner up: Ronalds Kenins)

Biggest surprise: Tate Olson (runner up: Anton Rodin)

Hart Trophy: Thatcher Demko (runner up: Hunter Shinkaruk)

Norris Trophy: Andrey Pedan (runner up: Hutton/Olson)

Vezina Trophy: Thatcher Demko (runner up: Jacob Marksktrom)

Art Ross : Dimitry Zhukenov (runner up: Carl Neil)

'Prorated' Art Ross**: Brock Boeser (runner up: Anton Rodin)

Rocket Richard: Brock Boeser (runner up: Hunter Shinkaruk)

'Prorated' Rocket Richard' winner***: Brock Boeser (runner up: Anton Rodin)

William Jennings: Thatcher Demko (runner up: Jacob Marksktrom)

* Not the player that has played 'the worst', but the player that failed to meet my own personal projections

** Best point per game average

*** Best goal per game average

Fox and Blomstrand in particular have been lighting up the ECHL since the start of February. About a 1.5-2 point per game click for both guys. Nice to see. Brendan Gaunce seems to be doing particularly well since Higgins was sent down. The wealth of vets in Utica might help for a nice little playoff run. They don't have the goaltending they did last year, but arguably they have a more talented forward group. They lost some vets in the offseason, but Shink/Gaunce are definitely stepping up. 

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zpsqwgepbyd.png

MINORS_zpsimg0ebvs.png

CHL_zpsc3bbbrbo.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsi9ayptgy.png

GOALIES_zpsv0yzdpos.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great end to the season for Adam Gaudette, who in my mind is the surprise prospect of the year.

Demko and Boeser get to continue their seasons, as both Boston College and North Dakota made the Frozen Four. 

Three straight shutouts and four in five games means that there is not a lot to look at on the Canucks' prospect image.

Brisebois appears to be hurt, not much news in the CHL. 

Shinkaruk and Jensen seem to be finally adjusting to their new teams and have been on a point-per-game pace the last week and a half. 

GOALIES_zpsoif5b2mx.png

WITH%20THE%20CLUB_zpsnocn9jak.png

MINORS_zpsm2hosmod.png

CHL_zpspthhkdex.png

CASTAWAYS_zpswmiey0dx.png

OTHER%20LEAGUES_zpsgl9zlh0o.png

45 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I don't expect Jensen to keep up his pace, but it's nice to see him and Shinkaruk having some success. 

Seems like Jensen is being allowed to play the skill game he wants to play, rather than the power game this org wanted him to evolve into.

• b3. unpinned this topic

Archived