Canucks Defense Looking Up

Me_

Goalie J Markstrom 6 '- 6 " 196 lbs

N Tryamkin 6 - 7 228

N Pedan 6 - 5 215

M , Stewart 6 - 4 216

P Andersson 6 - 4 200

B Sanguinetti 6 - 3 190

Unfortunately, the Canucks didn't re-sign Sanguinetti and he's now property of the Buffalo Sabres: http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1895

Similarly, Peter Andersson also wasn't re-signed and he's chosen to go back to Sweden and play for Örebro HK in the SHL.

i'm interested in whether cederholm makes the nhl one day...looked good with pittsburg's young d-man.

broken record but st'louis may have trouble re-signing shattenkirk...his name was batted around this season...

offensive rd ....#1.....it is hard to draft those kind of players...

If he's available, give STL whatever they want except Horvat, Virtanen and Boeser.

We need to trade and spend BIG at the next draft to acquire at least 2 top-4 defencemen. Hamhuis will likely be gone, Barktowski may be too depending on how his season goes, and we'll be with Edler and Sbisa as our only legitimate left handed defencemen. Tanev and Corrado are our only real righties as well. No offence coming from those 4 and to be honest none of them deserve to be considered a top-20 NHL defenceman.

Seabrook would be nice but I see Chicago doing everything they can to keep him, and he's on the older end of the spectrum.

Goligoski may be available if Dallas' young D-men really shine but again they'll probably keep him, they've got cap room.

Keith Yandle would be lovely but will be highly covetted and more likely go to a Cup contender, he'd be hard to convince to come here.

Kris Russel or Giordano may be available considering how beefed up the Calgary defence is now with Hamilton, but once again they have enough cap room to splurge and keep everyone.

We're really going to have to make a huge deal at the Draft to acquire a defenceman. Benning needs to do something ballsy like the 1st + 2 x 2nds for Hamilton. That sort of trade wins you Championships.

We need to trade and spend BIG at the next draft to acquire at least 2 top-4 defencemen. Hamhuis will likely be gone, Barktowski may be too depending on how his season goes, and we'll be with Edler and Sbisa as our only legitimate left handed defencemen. Tanev and Corrado are our only real righties as well. No offence coming from those 4 and to be honest none of them deserve to be considered a top-20 NHL defenceman.

Seabrook would be nice but I see Chicago doing everything they can to keep him, and he's on the older end of the spectrum.

Goligoski may be available if Dallas' young D-men really shine but again they'll probably keep him, they've got cap room.

Keith Yandle would be lovely but will be highly covetted and more likely go to a Cup contender, he'd be hard to convince to come here.

Kris Russel or Giordano may be available considering how beefed up the Calgary defence is now with Hamilton, but once again they have enough cap room to splurge and keep everyone.

We're really going to have to make a huge deal at the Draft to acquire a defenceman. Benning needs to do something ballsy like the 1st + 2 x 2nds for Hamilton. That sort of trade wins you Championships.

I agree a trade should be made but only at the right time when the prospect pool is deep enough and the team is ready for the next step. Too early and it's crippling like the Phil Kessel trade. I think this offseason may be a good time but I view it as the beginning of the window. A Vrbata trade would help to directly or indirectly acquire that player. If not, since the team is not ready to compete anyway, a few years from now may be a more appropriate time. Once guys like McCann, Cassels, and Boeser are ready to step in and there's quality prospects from the next few drafts behind them, that might be the right time for a major move. It's very unfortunate that so many drafts in the Gillis Era left the prospect pool in a terrible spot.

Unfortunately, the Canucks didn't re-sign Sanguinetti and he's now property of the Buffalo Sabres: http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1895

Similarly, Peter Andersson also wasn't re-signed and he's chosen to go back to Sweden and play for Örebro HK in the SHL.

also Stewart will not be a defenceman. They are converting him to winger.

, since the team is not ready to compete anyway, a few years from now may be a more appropriate time.

Ouch :lol: For those of us who have been fans for 40+ years and are now in shall we say our twighlight years I'm hoping this will happen before then :lol:

The thing about Benning is that he's always working. Even when he's mucking out the stables at his place in Oregon, he's always thinking. I think there's a good chance that he may still make a trade before training camp. It's all about opportunity. Who still needs to squeeze under the cap?

The thing about Benning is that he's always working. Even when he's mucking out the stables at his place in Oregon, he's always thinking. I think there's a good chance that he may still make a trade before training camp. It's all about opportunity. Who still needs to squeeze under the cap?

Red Wings @ -$1,539,545

Ligntning @ -969,601

Blackhawks @ -968,462

Rangers @ -$499,462

Capitals @ +$236,538

Flyers @ +583,333

This is the guy I'm most excited about as far as defensive prospects go, you'd think these highlites were of a forward at times, this guy looks unbelievable

Hey, thanks for putting that up, so we can see. He looks like an Erik Karlsson type player. He's a fabulous skater, who keeps his head up, allowing him to really see the entire ice.

This is the guy I'm most excited about as far as defensive prospects go, you'd think these highlites were of a forward at times, this guy looks unbelievable

Hopefully they'll let him play to his strengths in development but I doubt they'll allow him the kind of creativity that had him behind opponents nets and such..

Hey, thanks for putting that up, so we can see. He looks like an Erik Karlsson type player. He's a fabulous skater, who keeps his head up, allowing him to really see the entire ice.

Benning and :Linden are going to have him play wing... he's that good.

Archived