The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks re-sign Carl Hagelin

Ducks sign forward Hagelin to four-year contract:

The Anaheim Ducks signed left wing Carl Hagelin, a restricted free agent, to a four-year contract Friday. Financial terms were not disclosed, but Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register reported that the contract is worth $16 million, with an average annual value of $4 million.

The Ducks acquired Hagelin from the New York Rangers along with picks in the second and sixth rounds of the 2015 NHL Draft on June 27 for left wing Emerson Etem and a second-round pick.

"It was just a matter of finding the right term and the right number," Hagelin said. "They made a commitment to me with a four-year deal. For me, it's the perfect fit. You have some security going into the season feeling wanted and feeling like you can be a big part of the team. It's one of those deals where they're committed to me and I'm committed to them."

Hagelin said he's not worried about added expectations being placed upon him because of the new contract.

"There will always be pressure in this league," he said. "It doesn't matter what your contract is. As a player, you put a lot of pressure on yourself to do well. I've been doing that my whole career. I always put pressure on myself. That's just the way it is. If you can't handle pressure, you can't play in the NHL.

"I'm a player who tries to bring it every night. That's going to be the main thing. You're going to see me doing everything it takes for the team."

Hagelin, 26, had 17 goals, 35 points, 46 penalty minutes and a plus-18 rating in 82 games for the Rangers in 2014-15. He has 52 goals, 130 points, 132 penalty minutes and a plus-57 rating in 266 NHL regular-season games, all with New York, which selected him in the sixth round (No. 168) of the 2007 NHL Draft.

Hagelin also had two goals and five points in 19 Stanley Cup Playoff games last season. In his NHL career, he has 12 goals and 26 points in 73 playoff games.

The native of Sodertalje, Sweden, helped his country win a silver medal at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. He also played for Sweden at the 2008 IIHF World Junior Championship, earning a silver medal.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=776961

Doesn't Higgins put up similar numbers at 2.5 mill?? I like Hagelin though. He does have higher potential.

Higgins is underrated and is a bargain, contrary to what you hear from some fans. Hagelin, however, is younger and does have more potential, yes.

Cogliano - Kesler - Hagelin...fastest line in the league?

Probably fastest... But I don't see how those 3 will gel.

I'm predicting they collectively end the season series -12 vs Vancouver. We get the ducks 5 times this year?

Gonna be 5 controversial games. I just hope to God that the zebras don't intervene. HAVE SOME INTEGRITY OFFICIALS! All I want to see before I die, is a fairly officiated Canucks vs Ducks /SJ /Queen's

Raymond was dumb, played with his head down, and would kill offense on the ice.

Had no idea how to use his speed either.

Funny enough, Raymond's best seasons in the NHL, he put up 53 and 45 points respectively. Hagelin's best seasons he's put up 38 and 35 points. Raymond in 29, Hagelin on the verge of turning 27 in a weeks time. Ducks severely overpaid here imo. Pretty bizarre seeing this coming from Murray who generally does great work with contracts. This and the Kesler ones are up there in price.

...surprised Hagelin has never hit the 40 point mark in his career.

This guy is dynamic & one of the top five fastest players in the league.

Doesn't mean anything.

For example: If the slowest player in the league is producing as much as the quickest player, they're still producing the same. Production is production, it doesn't matter how fast a player is.

Doesn't mean anything.

For example: If the slowest player in the league is producing as much as the quickest player, they're still producing the same. Production is production, it doesn't matter how fast a player is.

Means ALOT. Skating is something EVERY scout is looking intensely at, Speed, and how you use that speed matter greatly. The rest can usually be taught if you have the basics to work with. Skating, and Size.

Hagelin uses it, and uses it well

I predict Cogliano - Kesler - Hagelin will be a devastating line.

Mason Raymond was crap compared to Carl Hagelin.

Hockey Sense should be included too. xP

Archived