The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks re-sign Carl Hagelin

Doesn't mean anything.

For example: If the slowest player in the league is producing as much as the quickest player, they're still producing the same. Production is production, it doesn't matter how fast a player is.

Tell us more about how you judge players only by their stats.

Means ALOT. Skating is something EVERY scout is looking intensely at, Speed, and how you use that speed matter greatly. The rest can usually be taught if you have the basics to work with. Skating, and Size.

Hagelin uses it, and uses it well

I predict Cogliano - Kesler - Hagelin will be a devastating line.

Mason Raymond was crap compared to Carl Hagelin.

Hockey Sense should be included too. xP

I think you're missing the point though.

If the slowest player in the league puts up 40 points and the fastest player in the league puts up 40 points, they both still put up 40 points regardless of how they did it.

And about Raymond, he had a 53 point season, a 45 point season, and a 39 in 70 games season. Hagelin's best season was 38 in 64, and hasn't been above 0.5ppg in any other season. I don't care if Raymond falls a lot or plays a frustrating style, he still produced more than Hagelin before he went to the Flames. And offensive production is the best way to judge how good a player is offensively, obviously.

Tell us more about how you judge players only by their stats.

I never said only.

Offensively, is there a better way to judge a player?

Getting points = team is scoring = better chance of winning

Doesn't mean anything.

For example: If the slowest player in the league is producing as much as the quickest player, they're still producing the same. Production is production, it doesn't matter how fast a player is.

So on all accounts they are equal, except one is the fastest and the other is the slowest in the league.

Who would you rather have?

So on all accounts they are equal, except one is the fastest and the other is the slowest in the league.

Who would you rather have?

I'd take the faster one because his speed probably makes it so he has the ability to improve on his weaknesses better than the slower one, and he would be more fun to watch.

But saying that the faster player >>>> the slower player just doesn't make any logical sense if they're equally good offensively and defensively.

I'd take the faster one because his speed probably makes it so he has the ability to improve on his weaknesses better than the slower one, and he would be more fun to watch.

But saying that the faster player >>>> the slower player just doesn't make any logical sense if they're equally good offensively and defensively.

?

?

What? It was a hypothetical question, right?

I said that assuming they're both equal offensively and defensively, the faster player is probably a bit better because his speed might give him room for improvement, but the difference between the two isn't enough to justify that the faster player is miles better like some people are implying.

The "?" was because your first paragraph provides some of the logical sense that your second paragraph claims does not exist.

It's impossible to be the slowest player in the league and be good both offensively and defensively.

The "?" was because your first paragraph provides some of the logical sense that your second paragraph claims does not exist.

I explained it in the following post. The second paragraph is merely saying that the difference isn't a much as people would think.

It's impossible to be the slowest player in the league and be good both offensively and defensively.

Well actually I never said good defensively, I said equally good defensively in comparison to the faster player (fast skaters can be bad defensively too), but look at someone like Bonino. He's pretty slow, but produces like a 2nd liner and is good defensively.

But anyways, that's not really relevant.

I hope this makes some people realize the value of Jannik Hansen.

Hansen - 81GP - 16G - 17A - 33PTS Playoffs 6GP - 2G - 2A

Cap hit 2.5 million

Hagelin - 82 GP - 17G - 18A - 35PTS Playoffs 19GP - 2G - 3A

Cap hit 4.0 million

I know these deals were signed at different times, but it just goes to show the current value of Hansen. He brings the same speed and is a tenacious penalty killer.

To Hansen! *Raises glass in salute.

Cap hit 2.5 million

Cap hit 4.0 million

I know these deals were signed at different times, but it just goes to show the current value of Hansen. He brings the same speed and is a tenacious penalty killer.

Absolutely! I'm always confused when people dog on Hansen. For what he's paid he brings a hell of a lot.

Cap hit 2.5 million

Cap hit 4.0 million

I'd take the Honey Badger over Hagelin any day. People don't appreciate him enough for what he does on ice.

Archived