The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PETITION] - Change Vancouver Canucks Jerseys

Caknuckle Puck

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For someone born in the 90's, I've always felt the stick in rink logo was too plain. Even the 2009 modernized one is just kind of boring to me. We should keep our current jersey (even with Vancouver written on it) because of what been accomplished while wearing them. 2 President trophies, 2 Art Ross, 1 Selke and 1 Hart.

For someone born in the 90's, I've always felt the stick in rink logo was too plain. Even the 2009 modernized one is just kind of boring to me. We should keep our current jersey (even with Vancouver written on it) because of what been accomplished while wearing them. 2 President trophies, 2 Art Ross, 1 Selke and 1 Hart.

+1.

I agree that the original logo was boring but the colour scheme screams Vancouver. I also agree we should keep our current jerseys as they symbolize the best portion of our history. I would like to see a 3rd jersey in the Blue and green with a Johnny Canuck logo. I was never much of a fan of the downhill skate although it also represents a relatively successful and exciting part of Canucks' history.

Can we start a petition to stop petitions on changing the jerseys. We have a top 5 jersey in this league, as well as symbol, and that's my honest opinion. After the blue jackets, I honestly think we could be number 2

The only things the Canucks jersey has going for it are the colours and the Stick in Rink shoulder patch.

Any primary logo looks good as long as it doesn't contain an orca or any animal, which has nothing to do with the Canucks name, heritage and history. The cluttering "VANCOUVER", the cheap Agency font and the lack of green in the collar and font bordering also dumb down the jersey.

According to most, the Canucks' look ranks near the bottom.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nhl-logo-rankings-no-27-vancouver-canucks/

Like a lot of others have said, we need to stop changing our jerseys every time we have a large turn over with our roster. You can't build a brand identity if you keep changing your logo and colours every few years.

Plus, why would we use an OLD logo for this new identity? It doesn't make sense.

At this point even just a petition to end dumb threads.

you can disagree and that is ok.. but this isn't a dumb thread...please respect other peoples opinion... nothing wrong with wanting a different jersey... after all does a whale strike fear in to opponents... lol not that a stick would do much better...

Seriously everywhere i look on the internet or even on streets there is a petition for something. The petition used to have a legitimate meaning and purpose...now everyone uses it as if its like batteries in a flashlight.

Just because someone doesn't like something they start a pointless petition. First the Eddie trade petition now this? My gosh give it a rest and live with it.

Save the petitions for something that legitimately affects our way of life in this world like government policies, etc. Not stupid petty preferences for a logo on a hockey teams jersey FFS.

No. We can have the flying skate as a third jersey but the orca stays. We just had orcas in Coal Harbour... It represents a kind yet tough and strong animal that is aggressive come hunting time. With VANCOUVER on top it represents the city for its self and the Canucks. Are we just supposed to fire Fin? Who doesn't like Fin? Yeah let's have a giant skate as our mascot instead... Unless it's Johnny Canuck as our mascot... Then no

i think we should petition to have the canuck's skate laces changed to canuck colours....the left one green and the right one blue...

And make the skate go uphill instead of downhill. I think the original hockey stick was the best followed by the current orca and then the skate.....and please, no more flying V's.

you can disagree and that is ok.. but this isn't a dumb thread...please respect other peoples opinion... nothing wrong with wanting a different jersey... after all does a whale strike fear in to opponents... lol not that a stick would do much better...

Well let's have you jump in the water with a pod of Orcas and see if you don't crap yourself?

I'm quite a fan of the current jerseys. Would be cool to work in the Johnny Canuck somehow but otherwise don't fix what isn't broken (the roster on the other hand... anyways). The simple stick designs absolutely work as shoulder patches while the whale is beautiful for the front.

I would love to see the white flying skates, maroon alternates and any of the West Coast Express era jerseys brought back from time to time but let's not mess with a good thing.

Archived