The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PETITION] - Change Vancouver Canucks Jerseys

Caknuckle Puck

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time to move away from the ORCA, and CHANGE it up! The Canucks 'tradition' seems to be changing jerseys, so let's keep that 'tradition' going and finally get it right!!!

Some us believe they finally did get it right with the current colors and the Orca. You'll never make everybody happy. Stick with the Orca and use the third for variety.

The current jerseys may not be the best, but just stop changing 'em. I care a hell of a lot more about the players than the jerseys, and will love the team regardless, even if the Flying V were to somehow come back.

I agree. The only thing the jersey means to me is whether or not I'll spend my money on it. I've cheered for this team every year since joining the nhl despite the Orca being the first logo I've actually liked enough to put my money down.

They did right in bringing back the original colours and reinstate the S in R to be a visible icon of this franchise even though it didn't make it to be on the main jerseys. The S in R will never be replaced and hopefully it will trump the Orca in time. I feel that if the Orca goes it will not be remembered as did the S in R. It doesn't have that strong bond/ identification and staying power. I wouldn't mind a S in R retweak to give it some more motion and fluidity. After all, the original 6 all tweaked their main logos several times before reaching what they have now.

Does it really matter? The jerseys/sweaters are going to be plastered with corporate logos before long (Gary Bettman says the deal is done). Likely, in a few years we're going to look like the Zurich (ZSC) Lions.

But seriously, I didn't like the SIR and I didn't like the flying skate (I was there for them all). Keep the colours and the orca and let's scrap this topic until next summer (here's hoping).

Some us believe they finally did get it right with the current colors and the Orca. You'll never make everybody happy. Stick with the Orca and use the third for variety.

Oh no Baggins. Now you've started something. Let's see now. Hmmmmm .... a "Stick with the Orca". Kind of a hybrid of the SIR and the Orca. Maybe you're on to something. Oh no, sorry, I just had a mental lapse..... :picard:

Probably makes sense from a business point, to change a logo while a team is at a high point, and not trying to find an identity.

...Wait until all fans (even bandwagoners) are happy with the team. You can sell way more jerseys.

You don't want to play that card early.

Look at those last striped jerseys... now you see them and think of the short Tortarella era... Good luck selling those.

Changing the logo now would be dumb and stoopid and redundant. And Stupid too.

A petition is not necessary. The best you can make change is with your wallet. If you don't like the jersey, don't buy it. If the ticket prices seem too high, don't buy tickets.

I think, however, you may be in the minority on this one.

I'm not going to abandon/not go watch the team I've been supporting all my life over a jersey lol!

I would be happy with the Stick in Rink or Skate jersey as a third jersey, and for them to remove "VANCOUVER" I agree it is very cluttered..

Vancouver forever!

The current version is the best version with the orca. The putting the orca into the uniform was the dumbest thing that has ever happened with any Canuck jersey - it would be the equivalent of Mike Ilitch putting a pizza slice from Little Caeser's into his jersey...owners just don't do that (at least anywhere else). That said...the best we can summon after the Orca (which I am used to now) is what looks like Atari graphics hockey stick one white....so I guess leaving it is fine. One thing I can say, changing it is part of Canucks history so if it and when it happens that would fit.

Does it really matter? The jerseys/sweaters are going to be plastered with corporate logos before long (Gary Bettman says the deal is done). Likely, in a few years we're going to look like the Zurich (ZSC) Lions.

But seriously, I didn't like the SIR and I didn't like the flying skate (I was there for them all). Keep the colours and the orca and let's scrap this topic until next summer (here's hoping).

As Canuck fans the addition of corporate logos on our sweater won't be a big adjustment since we've proudly displayed a variation of Orca Bay's corporate logo since '98. Nothing new for us.

Oh no Baggins. Now you've started something. Let's see now. Hmmmmm .... a "Stick with the Orca". Kind of a hybrid of the SIR and the Orca. Maybe you're on to something. Oh no, sorry, I just had a mental lapse..... :picard:

Actually somebody did a mock up of the stick in rink that also incorporated the V, skate, Orca and JC. Was rather funny looking but it did make a point.

As Canuck fans the addition of corporate logos on our sweater won't be a big adjustment since we've proudly displayed a variation of Orca Bay's corporate logo since '98. Nothing new for us.

Every teams logo is a corporate logo.

you can disagree and that is ok.. but this isn't a dumb thread...please respect other peoples opinion... nothing wrong with wanting a different jersey... after all does a whale strike fear in to opponents... lol not that a stick would do much better...

Or a downhill skate for that matter. Does the Seahawks jersey "strike fear"? Or is it the players that are wearing it, and the loud and crazy fans?

Archived