The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things to do in Great Falls?

babych

So, I'm going to take a little roadie with the family in a bit to Great Falls, Montana (just a weekend getaway, maybe some back to school shopping for my daughter) and was wondering if anyone on here could recommend places to go, things to see, good restaurants, etc?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

B

Montana has a number of decent burger joints. One that I used to go to as well in California was Fuddruckers. (we used to call it Ruddf***ers -- reminds me a lot of Johnny Rockets)

^ That one is in GF.

Our tastes are usually a little simpler, we get suite rooms from the hotels (i.e. w/fridge, microwave, cookware, etc.) and just go to the store, or we get junk. I think there's an A&W along the way to GF, and their cheese curds + freezes are great.

I would also possibly use Helena as well if you can. Just a hair under an hour away, plus they have a Costco. :lol:

Honestly there's not much to do other than shop at a few places. If you like fishing and more outdoorsy stuff I'd recommend the other side of the rockies in Kalispell/Whitefish. Though, being in Calgary, I far prefer the boring flat drive to Great Falls to do US shopping than to go over Crowsnest to Kalispell (or get turned back at the road under Glacier).

My wife and I just got back from there two weeks ago.

Calgary to Great falls nice 5 hour drive.

We are having a little baby girl in January so we decided to shop there.

Great falls has a Ross and decent mall that has a JC penny a Herbergers, a Bed Bath and Beyond and a target a few blocks down.

Take an extra hour and a half drive to Helena, they have a Macy's there and we got all kids clothes at 90% off and got some really good deals.

In terms of food, we had a really nice dinner at Dante's its a Pasta and Steak place, a bit pricy but totally worth it. There are plenty of good fast food places as well Fudrukkers being one of them.

We stayed at a hotel called Great Falls in by Riversage its right next to the hospital and not on the main street so its quiet at for $70 USD a night includes free parking and a breakfast so it was totally worth it.

Montana has a number of decent burger joints. One that I used to go to as well in California was Fuddruckers. (we used to call it Ruddf***ers -- reminds me a lot of Johnny Rockets)

Ever see Idiocracy?

Fuddruckers ends up being called worse.

The lawmakers in Montana are trying to get the daytime interstate speed limit raised to 85 mph. Thatll cut down that driving time a fair bit.

It used to be unlimited, lots of people who purchased supercars took them to Montana to run. A few idiots ruined it for everyone.

Archived