The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Canuck player comparisons : Bo Horvat vs Dylan Larkin

TheHockeyNerds

I'm not trying to act superior, I'm saying you can't just say I don't know what I'm talking about and jump to conclusions. Playing hockey actually does translate to some off knowledge. Can you explain what an outside edge or punch stop is? I guess you're the one to call people nobodies?...

If you knew what you were saying then what you say would make sense rather than the gibberish that you post. Using the fact you played hockey, doesn't change anything. You're not the only person that knows people in hockey, some people would rather not say because it's irrelevant from the conversation .

I'll repeat. Your post are terrible and your comparisons are awful. Don't do it again. I don't have time to waste responding to people like you. Bye

Heck nobody mentioned Larkin's performance at the WJC? He was more dangerous than Eichel. Although since he was drafted by the wings he will probably take 5 to 6 years to crack the NHL. I was more impressed by Larkin than any other US player on that team, so I think he has a huge upside. I agree with Holland in that he has a Yzerman type mold about him.

That being said, when comparing Horvat to Larkin, you have different styles and skillsets. Horvat seems like a bull, and has excellent leadership qualities and he also has an underrated wrister. We cant wait another 3 years for a high quality rook. Bo is what we need right now! :emot-parrot::canucks:

If you knew what you were saying then what you say would make sense rather than the gibberish that you post. Using the fact you played hockey, doesn't change anything. You're not the only person that knows people in hockey, some people would rather not say because it's irrelevant from the conversation .

I'll repeat. Your post are terrible and your comparisons are awful. Don't do it again. I don't have time to waste responding to people like you. Bye

I asked a simple question, you didn't know the answer, so you proceed to call my writing gibberish. I wasn't trying to be smart, it was a question, my posts have been fine... It's not like you're mastermind NHL GM. My comparisons are not awful and you compared Larkin to Yzerman because the team who drafted him said it. Stop being immature.

Lol at all the dick waving in here. I've played against guys that were drafted top 10 and that doesn't make me somehow more knowledgeable about hockey than anyone else that's played there whole life. Keep the discussion to stuff that's relevant.

To be honest I havent seen Larkin play enough to really compare Horvat to him. But I will say that prospects are kinda a crap shoot. Bo is proven now playing a full season, where the Larkin hasn't proved anything yet. Lots of other next best things have been total busts.

Lol at all the dick waving in here. I've played against guys that were drafted top 10 and that doesn't make me somehow more knowledgeable about hockey than anyone else that's played there whole life. Keep the discussion to stuff that's relevant.

To be honest I havent seen Larkin play enough to really compare Horvat to him. But I will say that prospects are kinda a crap shoot. Bo is proven now playing a full season, where the Larkin hasn't proved anything yet. Lots of other next best things have been total busts.

Things got heated... But it was for Bo. Bo knows. Would you take Horvat or Larkin if you had a let's say 12th overall pick right now?

Who cares if you played hockey? You're a nobody now like the rest of us. It means absolutely nothing.

As much as I love to hate Gstank's homerism and rep posting, him being that good at hockey and playing with those guys DOES mean something.

Same goes with the other poster.

Again, I'll take Horvat over Larkin based off of what I saw from Horvat this past year.

But at the draft, I would have taken Larkin over Virtanen easily. I said it then, I say it now, I've said it to one of my best friends who's a red wings fan every day since the draft.

Larkin is awesome.

Things got heated... But it was for Bo. Bo knows. Would you take Horvat or Larkin if you had a let's say 12th overall pick right now?

Horvat. He's going to be better than a lot of people think. He was our best player in the playoffs in his rookie season.....

Look how much he improved his skating in one off season/season. He's going to be even faster and more explosive this year and he'll have a season under his belt.

I think he puts up close to 50 points this season.

Horvat. He's going to be better than a lot of people think. He was our best player in the playoffs in his rookie season.....

Look how much he improved his skating in one off season/season. He's going to be even faster and more explosive this year and he'll have a season under his belt.

I think he puts up close to 50 points this season.

Yes, I agree. He's a really big boy, and often those heavy guys take a bit longer to develop the finer aspects of their skating. On their other hand, the smaller guys look great in junior, bet when the big boys catch up to them as men, the smurfs often disappear.

Horvat for the Selke this season.

Hey guys, as we all know, we are in the dog days of summer. I want to start a mini series comparing two young players (one Canuck player) with similar playing styles. Since both players are so young, this is potential as much as anything. So who you you guys take, Horvat vs Larkin ?

Thanks guys

Who cares?! We have Horvat on our team. I'm happy with that.

As much as I love to hate Gstank's homerism and rep posting, him being that good at hockey and playing with those guys DOES mean something.

Same goes with the other poster.

Again, I'll take Horvat over Larkin based off of what I saw from Horvat this past year.

But at the draft, I would have taken Larkin over Virtanen easily. I said it then, I say it now, I've said it to one of my best friends who's a red wings fan every day since the draft.

Larkin is awesome.

That's exactly what I was trying to say to him. Thank you. I've played against Junior B players and trained with BCHL players, it's not crazy to say I know something. But anyways yes everyone can know a lot without being on the ice. I would not have taken Larkin over Virtanen IMO, Virtanen really is another skilled natural goal scorer with great hands, add in his natural size at his age, his vicious hitting ability, and his stride. He will pan out, but he could pan out into a more physical version of Perry even I think.

I still know a lot and can do a lot on the ice, oh and the Niedermayer's are my cousins, so I know even a little more. About Larkin.. Has he played in the NHL at all yet? Didn't think so. You're also seriously underating Horvat, they said at the draft Horvat is like Bergeron and has "huge upside". I'd like to see Larkin out muscle Horvat in a puck battle. I'd also like to see Larkin shut down Crosby and Malkin and beat Toews in the face off circle a lot.

Cousin of the Niedermayer brothers. Did you spend time on Kootenay Lake?

Last I checked Horvat wasa rookie last year. Larkin hasn't broke in yet. Comparing the two is a crap shoot. What I am excited about the coming season is seeing Horvat's offensive upside. Like many I think it is higher than most expect.

Cousin of the Niedermayer brothers. Did you spend time on Kootenay Lake?

Last I checked Horvat wasa rookie last year. Larkin hasn't broke in yet. Comparing the two is a crap shoot. What I am excited about the coming season is seeing Horvat's offensive upside. Like many I think it is higher than most expect.

One of my cousins married Rob Niedermayer, marriage that made them related to me. No I did not go to Kootenay Lake with them but they have been at my Grandmas Christmas parties and at family reunions. I talked to Rob a few years ago about the game when he was on the Devils and the Canucks walked into New Jersey and broke out in the second half of the game to win 5-2. His response was "We had an off night." I asked him if he could sign here and he had already signed with Buffalo.

Archived