The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Canuck player comparisons : Bo Horvat vs Dylan Larkin

TheHockeyNerds

You win!

That's the best response I've heard to the fans who keep stating Horvat, and our prospects, aren't good.

Haha, thanks....yes the grass is always greener.......until the puck gets dropped and then we'll see.

No, but how about having them both? Macdavid could play behind Bo. Bo could do all the first line work, and Macdavid could clean up on the scraps. I don't see macdavid as a top number one centre. He needs to develop some sense of defensive concepts.

LOL..LMAO... :lol::towel::lol:

LOL..LMAO... :lol::towel::lol:

Horvat outweighs Macdavid by a lot. I'm thinking he would match up very nicely against Connor. Do you think Macdavid is ready for defensive responsibilities of a number one centre? How is he going to match up with guys like Getzlaf and Kopitar? Sure, his offence will be good, but he will need to play on the defensive side of the puck too.IMO

Horvat outweighs Macdavid by a lot. I'm thinking he would match up very nicely against Connor. Do you think Macdavid is ready for defensive responsibilities of a number one centre? How is he going to match up with guys like Getzlaf and Kopitar? Sure, his offence will be good, but he will need to play on the defensive side of the puck too.IMO

He will be just fine, the kid is just gets hockey. I honestly think he will be better defensively then most of the kids on the oilers over the last few seasons.

In what world would Macdavid play behind Horvat? And you don't see Macdavid as a number one centre? seriously, you must be joking. You, my friend, are in for a rude awakening when Vancouver faces Edmonton for the next upcoming years

Certainly Bo would be second on any depth chart, but I suppose if they were on the same team and in their prime, Horvat might log higher average minutes. Similar to how Kesler used to play more than Hank, even though he was clearly number two.

He will be just fine, the kid is just gets hockey. I honestly think he will be better defensively then most of the kids on the oilers over the last few seasons.

That's all true. He's such a quick skater, and like you say: hockey smart, that he will learn to get position on the bigger guys. I just don't know if he's ready for that yet?

That's all true. He's such a quick skater, and like you say: hockey smart, that he will learn to get position on the bigger guys. I just don't know if he's ready for that yet?

iv been wrong before, hell, I often am. But this kids the real deal. Iv seen him play, it is incredible. The kid just looks like he's 3 steps ahead of everyone else on the ice. I don't think he will have any problems next year.

Archived