The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIFA 16 Thread

Caboose

Okay, I just pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming for around $62 CAD. You will NOT beat that price. Not sure if you get those gold packs, which mean absolutely nothing to me since I'm saving 22 bucks (off the $84 on Origin, including tax). http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/sports/fifa-16/#item-s6 and use code SAVE23-WITHGM-GSEP15 at checkout. I'll probably also order SW Battlefront this way.

Gonna make things interesting for me.

Whatever default badge I get for UT, I will make a full 23 man squad using that team's players and I'll play my first two divisions with them.

Just hope I don't get a world-class team badge. Not going to be fun when I get Real Madrid and can't afford Ronaldo or Bale.

I LOVE the new FIFA :towel:

I have been fed up with pace abusers online for years now. Finally we have a FIFA game where my old-school approach of passing and moving, almost tiki-taka, will pay off. I really enjoyed playing my first 5 games - some of the defensive AI is enormously improved.

For example I scored a better goal in my first game than I have across FIFA 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 - my left-back on FUT intercepted a cross-field pass, on his chest, took the ball down, the slipped past two men before lacing a through-ball with the outside of his left boot, through the entire midfield and straight into Zlatan's path. He then chipped the keeper from outside the area, first time.

Not only was it the best FIFA goal I've scored for many years, but it took all of 5 seconds. It was exhilarating. I've already pre-ordered the game.

I like to the new physics engine. It's taken a bit of time to adjust to the shooting but that's a good thing. Not every player is clinical in real life so this certainly adds to the realism.

Much like Woodget, I prefer to play a passing game so it'll be interesting to see how this new engine stacks up against players who only know how to use the Rt/R2 button and X/square button.

I love the new button - right shoulder on the XB1 controller, combined with pass/through ball/cross/shoot - it puts in a really fast, zipped pass / shot / curved through ball / quick cross-field pass. It's really excellent for breaking through a gap in a midfield / defence, as you'd expect top players to do.

Archived