The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Mix Exchange 2015

Lil B From The Pack

any chance there will be another mix xchange? If so I would like to be in on it.

Also I really like some of the mixes posted and listened to lots of new music, even if it's not really my thing, it's a cool way to hear new/different music.

i'll do one with you privately or with a diff group, if anyone is interested. the format should maybe be different though, since i have literally zero desire to ever listen to anime DnB remixes (no offence, but surely we must accept that is a very niche thing). i'd rather do something that the other person would maybe be interested in hearing, or potentially be open to. idk.

broaden your horizons, homeboy

i'll do one with you privately or with a diff group, if anyone is interested. the format should maybe be different though, since i have literally zero desire to ever listen to anime DnB remixes (no offence, but surely we must accept that is a very niche thing). i'd rather do something that the other person would maybe be interested in hearing, or potentially be open to. idk.

48685176.jpg

48685176.jpg

you got me

but just for the record, i have listened to probably 95% of every song posted before tonight, by EVERYONE, and i didn't even participate - i even listened to some of the EDM tracks multiple times trying to 'get' what people are enjoying. i think i am extremely open minded about this type of thing

if someone wanted to do this again, i would participate if i could maybe introduce people to stuff i think they would ACTUALLY enjoy, and vice versa. like, guessing which person is trying to outmeme the next person is just not fun to me - hence, trying to make a conventional mixtape for someone to enjoy. boring, i know

buuuut there is no way i'm going to spend 40 mins potentially listening to meme rap or anime vocoder loops on frooty loop beats. like, i don't mean to be disrespectful, but that is super niche stuff and i know my taste enough to recognize that i don't really find it funny or enjoyable for more than 30 seconds. the chances of me enjoying 40 minutes of EDM are very, very slim, add in anime samples and you've lost me. that's all i was trying to say

you got me

but just for the record, i have listened to probably 95% of every song posted before tonight, by EVERYONE, and i didn't even participate - i even listened to some of the EDM tracks multiple times trying to 'get' what people are enjoying. i think i am extremely open minded about this type of thing

if someone wanted to do this again, i would participate if i could maybe introduce people to stuff i think they would ACTUALLY enjoy, and vice versa. like, guessing which person is trying to outmeme the next person is just not fun to me - hence, trying to make a conventional mixtape for someone to enjoy. boring, i know

buuuut there is no way i'm going to spend 40 mins potentially listening to meme rap or anime vocoder loops on frooty loop beats. like, i don't mean to be disrespectful, but that is super niche stuff and i know my taste enough to recognize that i don't really find it funny or enjoyable for more than 30 seconds. the chances of me enjoying 40 minutes of EDM are very, very slim, add in anime samples and you've lost me. that's all i was trying to say

which mix was your favourite?

which mix was your favourite?

yours, i think it was. whichever one Jazz "graded." it had a couple of songs i love, like Station to Station (song and album) is a total masterpiece of rock music and nobody even talks about it. and then there was a couple i hadn't even heard before and enjoyed, like that Nightmares on Wax song was straight up fire.

i am a huge fan of jazz and soul music being sampled and used in hip hop. and while that wasnt really that style straight up, it definitely had that oldschool soul feel with a straight forward beat. i love that stuff. classic sound, not stupid and kooky and instantly dated. if you asked me what year that song came out in, i'd literally have no idea. coulda been 1995 or 2005 or 2015. SIMPLE, CLEAN, SOULFUL YET FRESH

jazz gets points for a couple of his songs, and his variety - but i cant stand Incubus or that Pendulum song. and the one TRR got was pretty good too (i only know from recognizing most of the songs, havent heard a couple of them tho)

yeah we could do that, either way. I was thinking about maybe following a theme or rating the cohesiveness of the mix in addition to rating each song. like you there are some genres that I'd just swerve. I do like your idea of making a mix that maybe the other person doesn't know about-either new or new to them- that they might like.

Archived