The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver---Islanders

Dragyn

I am a Canucks fan, I'm going there to cheer our prospects on, always take in 10 or so games, don't know where you got the idea I was not a Canucks fan, would like to see our team improved in a few areas but will still be cheering them on win or lose. All I said was "I promise I'll cheer for all the Canuck prospects & only Canuck prospects. Thanx buddy"... I thought that was pretty straight forward.....................Anyways that's where that is at, have a good one.

My mistake. As punishment I will restrict myself to only one (two)...(three). Okay, no punishment. I'm off to my garage fridge.

Welcome to the Canuck's forum. Your points are reasonable. I disagree with some aspects (I have never been a Shinkaruk fan) but your posts do make me see things differently. I accept that Your valuation of players may turn out to be the correct one. I have no trouble at all accepting views, which differ from mine, as better, when they make sense. Thank you for the insight.

I appreciate that, what don't you like about Shinkaruk?

I appreciate that, what don't you like about Shinkaruk?

There isn't to much to dislike about him other then his size and strength. Some small players can make it but most can't. Thats why we are taking it slow with his progression. The likelihood of a player like Shinkaruk making is slim just based off of that. I have faith but I still don't think he can be a player like Dal Colle

He's added significant bulk and upped his physical play, he always had grit. Gerbe is 5'5, Ennis is 5'8, Byron is 5'6. Spurgeon is under 180 and under 5'8, and he's a blueliner in the West. Now look at Gaudreau, I have no doubt in a 5'11 Shinkaruk at 185 and growing, he's underrated IMO, can utilize his skating or hands equally on the attack. Can change edges and angles on his skates instantly, I see Duchene and Skinner in him. But I understand your concern with his size.

He's added significant bulk and upped his physical play, he always had grit. Gerbe is 5'5, Ennis is 5'8, Byron is 5'6. Spurgeon is under 180 and under 5'8, and he's a blueliner in the West. Now look at Gaudreau, I have no doubt in a 5'11 Shinkaruk at 185 and growing, he's underrated IMO, can utilize his skating or hands equally on the attack. Can change edges and angles on his skates instantly, I see Duchene and Skinner in him. But I understand your concern with his size.

Your right there are small guys in the league, but you better be fast & good. Canucks have Shikaruk listed at 5'10" & 180 lbs, maybe he's growing but they usually lie to start with.

Hunter Shikaruk ---1st round 29th overall, 3 more years under contract, 5'10 or 11" 180 lbs

Games G A P

3rd year Medicine Hat 64 37 49 86 Pretty Good- Injured most of 4th year.

last year Utica Reg. Season 74 16 15 31 8th on team Average to Not so average.

last year Utica playoffs 23 4 2 6 11th on team. Poor to piss-poor.

I know who you play with, playing time, power play time, being a first year player all have a bearing on your out put, but I did expect a little more. As cyoung mentioned they have him under contract for 3 more years and they will have to take it slowly with him. Hey if he's a Canuck I hope he becomes a superstar. Sorry he looks nothing like Duchene a 3rd overall, and as for Skinner at 5,725,000 for 4 more years, injured 4 years in a row, & declining production, 31 points in 77 games, I hope he doesn't look like him, LOL. So he should use them edges & angles to put up a few points.

Nicklas Jensen ---1st round 24th overall--22 1/2 years old, under contract 1 year.

Games G A P

Oshawa 2nd year 57 25 33 58 Above Average

Canucks over 3 years 24 3 3 6 Limited Play

Utica Reg. Season 59 14 14 28 11th in scoring Poor

Utica Play offs 18 4 1 5 12th in scoring Piss-Poor

Lets just say if he doesn't do something this year, he'll be on a European Vacation.

Micheal Dal Colle 19 years old, 6'3" 195 lbs, 1st round 5th overall.3 year contract

Games G A P

Oshawa 2nd year 67 39 56 95 Good to Awesome

Oshawa Playoffs 12 8 12 20 Memorial Cup

Since my proposal was pie in the sky , I am going to see these guys in 2 weeks & hope I see some of the good stuff in Shinkaruk also. If we own him I hope your 100% right on your talent evaluation, but I would trade Shikaruk & Jensen for Dal Colle in a heart beat. That's actually why I put more in the trade, just being greedy. Must admit I'm getting pumped to see the prospects. Have a good one.

It's okay cyoung, his Mum doesn't let him on the computer till his home work is done, LOL..........have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm graduated and have a job thanks, I also have been playing hockey for 15 years buddy. Give yourself a tug and grow up

Gaunce equals Theodore?! Hahaha ! I'm sorry but defenseman are harder to develop and especially harder obtain through trade. So when you have a defenseman like Theodore, a player with lots of potential, he is very valuable.

He could probably be categorized in the A level prospects, whereas Gaunce unfortunately comes in the C or low B ranking. Gaunce is a great player, don't get me wrong, but definitely nowhere as valuable as Theodore.

Yes alright... Well it wasn't a good idea to use that to make it look like I don't know value. Gaunce has higher value than you think, and if you think Gaunce isn't at all close to Theodore then you have another thing coming. Anaheim lacks centers in the prospect pool big time and with the Ducks-Canucks trade history, that kind of deal isn't unlikely.

i'm the ny islanders and i'll trade del colle and nelson for horvat and virtanen....and a 3rd round pick.

I agree that would be around what it would take. I wouldn't want van to pull that trigger but that's what it would cost

Yes alright... Well it wasn't a good idea to use that to make it look like I don't know value. Gaunce has higher value than you think, and if you think Gaunce isn't at all close to Theodore then you have another thing coming. Anaheim lacks centers in the prospect pool big time and with the Ducks-Canucks trade history, that kind of deal isn't unlikely.

Gaunce has recently been converted to LW, and he's looking better suited for that position. McCann for Theodore is a lot more realistic but still a tough deal to make happen as a prospect for prospect trade is rare to see. No one on these forums can fully understand the value of a player because it varies from GM to GM. Murray could really like Theodore as a person therefore making him a harder asset to obtain.

i'm the ny islanders and i'll trade del colle and nelson for horvat and virtanen....and a 3rd round pick.

Thank goodness that's not happening. IMO we should revisit this proposal in a year or two, and see just how unrealistic that value is for those Ilander players.

Gaunce has recently been converted to LW, and he's looking better suited for that position. McCann for Theodore is a lot more realistic but still a tough deal to make happen as a prospect for prospect trade is rare to see. No one on these forums can fully understand the value of a player because it varies from GM to GM. Murray could really like Theodore as a person therefore making him a harder asset to obtain.

Yeah I know, Gaunce could still pan out as a center though.

It actually wasn't all that recently Gaunce has been moved to the wing. He played some wing in Belleville even, and mainly played there in Erie and a lot in Utica.

Yeah fair enough,but considering he's still labeled a center in most places I figured it was recent enough.

Archived