The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Is Our Best Case Scenario?

KKnight2014

So I'm sitting here at work, bored and I'm painting scenario after scenario in my mind. It passes the time.

I was interested to know you're guys and gals perspectives, on what you think our realistic best case scenario is for the next 2 years. Obvs that's the plan to when we want to be a contender. But this scenario stems down to drafting,development and trades.

Shinkaruk becomes a Parise/Kane hybrid

Horvat becomes an 85 pt player

Sedins end up producing 85+ points til retirement.

Friesen becomes a Matt Beleskey type player

Virtanen becomes a Bertuzzi/Naslund hybrid

Pedan becomes Chris Pronger

Vey is the new BMO

Kenins ends up being the leading hitter in the NHL while producing 40+ points

Horvat becomes better than Yzerman

Shinkaruk better than Briere

Cassels better than Federov

Virtanen better than Forsberg

Boeser better than Kariya

Demko better than Hasek

Win 5 Cups in a row starting this year and becomes an alltime great dynasty.

Beat me two it, although 5 cups is pushing it. Four cups is a more realistic goal.

I think the best case scenerio for this team would be this team getting a top 5 draft pick next year. This would solidify our prospect pool. For instance, imagine they get a top 5 next year and get a real first line stud or a preferred D-man prospect. Also, I hope they trade hammer and Vrbata, regardless of their standing in the season. For instance, if this team is 6th place come deadline, I hope they still pull the trigger because we need prospects or else we are looking at a long rebuild.

within the next 2 years, we may see burrows, vrbata, higgins, hansen, hamhuis and miller gone by then....

can the youth replace them adequately?....hopefully they will find a top pairing d-man and have a young d-man crack the line-up...

drafting is most important.

So I'm sitting here at work, bored as $hit and I'm painting scenario after scenario in my mind. It passes the time.

I was interested to know you're guys and gals perspectives, on what you think our realistic best case scenario is for the next 2 years. Obvs that's the plan to when we want to be a contender. But this scenario stems down to drafting,development and trades.

Pretty easy to say what the best case scenario is....Back to back Stanley Cup champs duh

Yeah i figured everybody was gonna try to be witty. That's why I said realistic, but whatevs, this is just to pass time.

Realistically, we are not contenders in 2 years time. With great drafting, improved D, Markstrom reaching his potential, and getting high picks for Hamhuis and Verbby, maybe we contend in 5 years.

Archived