The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 and the problem with 17

vanforever

hes all meat and potatoes....im not overthinking. i just think benning wants this guy. personally im on the other end of things re lucic

He admitted he's interested, alright. Considering what LA gave up for Lucic, if it doesn't look like he wants to re-sign they'll need to try to trade him. That next team is going to want some sort of assurance, depending on how much they give up.

Doesn't seem too likely he'll be available as a "free" asset, but if so, kindof hoping he craps out in LA so JB doesn't offer him keys to the vault.

That's really cool. I agree. We needed big Milan for a long time. We should have drafted him in the first place. Next summer it's time to correct that mistake, and bring him home. Some fans are very negative. It's nice to read a positive voice. Welcome to the forum.

Are you saying some fans are negative because they don't want to sign Lucic, who may even get more than he's worth via free agency? How so?

LA has Lucic, Kopitar, and Lewis coming up as UFA's next year. Lucic has only a $3.25 cap hit. He's going to want a nice contract next year, north of $6 probably, and will want term for sure. The question is, has he peaked out already performance wise. We know that some players who play a heavy style have shorter careers. So would he even be a good investment? A lot depends on how it goes this year in LA. He must be happy that he may be on a contender since Boston has hit the reset button.

LA has a history of giving their core guys long term and $$$. Dustin Brown for example was signed for 8 years and 5.8 at age 29.

Lucic must be aware that Benning was kicking his tires last summer but the Canucks really weren't in the game because they didn't have the assets to give up. The Canucks will likely have the cap space next year to sign him but.....The comment he gave the OP is maybe a tease but he certainly is looking to have a good year and earn a nice payday. I'd be surprised if he wasn't re-signed by the Kings.

Draft him. Are you kidding? The 2006 draft was in Vancouver and you think Vancouver should have taken Vancouverite Lucic?

That makes no sense.

I'm really glad the Canucks knew better than that and drafted Grabner. I mean, look at Grabner's career now.

If the Canucks had drafted Lucic in 2006, they would have had Lucic for the Cup Final. I mean think about that one.

Who in their right mind would ever want Lucic on a Cup winning team.

No one. Grabner though. Oh my. What speed and skill he has. Those Euros sure are much better than any local Canadian Vancouverite.

http://youtu.be/2mSd5t2n3ck

Prust lacks the intimidation factor of a Bertuzzi or Looch or Kassian or Burrows. Plus his hands are made out of 10,000 year old stone from the caveman period. :towel:

I understand that you were joking and all but your post looked so dumb that I just had to correct it:

You do realize that all the stones you've ever seen are much, much older than 10 000 years?

I understand that you were joking and all but your post looked so dumb that I just had to correct it:

You do realize that all the stones you've ever seen are much, much older than 10 000 years?

So the rock I picked up from my garden is over 10,000 years old?

Just to clarify a stone is defined as a "small rock"

Maybe I should call the geology department at UBC? Or maybe I should call the English department to teach you about hyperbole and sarcasm, eh Cube?

He admitted he's interested, alright. Considering what LA gave up for Lucic, if it doesn't look like he wants to re-sign they'll need to try to trade him. That next team is going to want some sort of assurance, depending on how much they give up.

If LA or the team they are trading for is a cup contending team I think they will try and get Lucic even if there's little assurance he will re-sign with them.

Lucic will be a welcome addition to this team if he isn't signed in LA. All this talk about the guy not having character will soon dissipate if he signs here and stands up for his team.

We can do without Milan "Do you know who I am?" Lucic. No need to spend 6 million plus to teach our prospects how to spear people in the nads and lose it in the handshake line when we lose.

We can do without Milan "Do you know who I am?" Lucic. No need to spend 6 million plus to teach our prospects how to spear people in the nads and lose it in the handshake line when we lose.

Yeah, because his WHOLE game is built around nutshots and handshake lines....Please.

In 96 career playoff games, Lucic is a +40. Only his rookie year was he a minus (-1).

I know +/- can be misleading, but that is a ridiculous stat. It's higher than his former Bruins' teammates too.

When the stakes are high, Milan comes to play.

Archived