The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Coven [Mafia win!]

Master Radishes

She started off posting like she usually does as mafia in round 1

Example(s)? I think I know what you mean, but I'd like to see you articulate it.

Then Zfetch (who I believe to be TP) called her out.

She seemed more defensive than usual to me, which isn't very normal for her as TP

I was responsive but never defensive imo. Usually I won't acknowledge accusations, but this is a special setup and I feel I neef to. (This is me being responsive and defensive.)

Then she called out Zfetch for calling her out, but she never actually said she thought he was mafia. So why even call him out? If someone I believe to be TP accuses me of something, I just explain myself rather than calling them out for their accusation.

Why not call him out? I had observations, and I can share them appropriately without resorting to absolutes.

She started off posting like she usually does as mafia in round 1

Example(s)? I think I know what you mean, but I'd like to see you articulate it.

It's mainly just the vibe I'm getting. Not one of your specific posts, but I felt like you were trying to appear active to seem like a TP, which I've seen many times before.

Then Zfetch (who I believe to be TP) called her out.

She seemed more defensive than usual to me, which isn't very normal for her as TP

I was responsive but never defensive imo. Usually I won't acknowledge accusations, but this is a special setup and I feel I neef to. (This is me being responsive and defensive.)

I see what you're trying to say. But right now I can't differentiate between you getting rattled by Zfetch's accusation or just responding differently for setup purposes.

Then she called out Zfetch for calling her out, but she never actually said she thought he was mafia. So why even call him out? If someone I believe to be TP accuses me of something, I just explain myself rather than calling them out for their accusation.

Why not call him out? I had observations, and I can share them appropriately without resorting to absolutes.

Well I can't really argue this. I just find that you do this kind of thing more often as mafia than when you're TP.

I don't think her quick jump on JL was as bad as Toews put it, but I really didn't like how she urged TL to say more about me instead of making her own argument.

Why is that?

Those were TL's only posts the whole game. It would've been extremely suspicious if he came up with really poor explanations.

I didn't like how you were wanting to use the day extension on the first nightfall.

Personally I get my best reads after a nightfall and seeing how votes went the night before

Why am I looking iffy to you?

because I'm actually participating?

Again, MR asked me to be more active.

You seem like you're trying hard to get people to reveal roles.

First of all, you seemed really defensive about a post that was clearly a joke.

Secondly, you mentioned that catching suspicion is the reason you like to keep quiet. Good townies shouldn't be worrying about what everyone else thinks of them. For all you know, people accusing you may not even be town themselves. Your #1 goal -- even if you don't make it to the finish line -- is to solve the game and root out the mafia.

So if you are town, stop focusing so much on what I think of you and start looking for suspicious players.

First of all, you seemed really defensive about a post that was clearly a joke.

Secondly, you mentioned that catching suspicion is the reason you like to keep quiet. Good townies shouldn't be worrying about what everyone else thinks of them. For all you know, people accusing you may not even be town themselves. Your #1 goal -- even if you don't make it to the finish line -- is to solve the game and root out the mafia.

So if you are town, stop focusing so much on what I think of you and start looking for suspicious players.

caddff1c030727d1d01e9b0760cceb2c.300x562

I didn't like how you were wanting to use the day extension on the first nightfall.

Personally I get my best reads after a nightfall and seeing how votes went the night before

That's a really odd thing to find suspicious. More time is good for the town so we have more information to work with. You're going to get nightfall information one day or the next, so it doesn't really matter when it happens...

Why is that?

Those were TL's only posts the whole game. It would've been extremely suspicious if he came up with really poor explanations.

Yes, it would have been - but you loosely agreed with his early thoughts (saying you had your own suspicions) and prompted him to go on for you. It's an easy way to mount a case on someone without doing any of the work - and subsequently attracting attention to - yourself.

That second paragraph is silly if you read my actual post on the extension.

I'm not sure if you're denying responsibility for this round with your third paragraph.

LOL @112

People are using fancy words all of a sudden so I don't think it's right to accuse 112 over evidence as small as a fat-tailed dwarf lemur, but neither should we philander her when we could dilute to semes.

Neither do I think we should leave one person hagridden. We should evalute the prediciment at hand, and have the ability to have innumerable powers, all of them salutiferous. We don't want 112's acinaciform-like genitalia to be any wetter than it already is or her unoiled body.

Based on my indubitable ability, I have seen no aperture in TL's game, and would subsequently pin him as TP, however I may have hajduk'd too early and hylarchically I should be Kalamazooing until the caboodle of persons contribute further.

We may be faced with the unfortunate result of what seems to be a thionine result come lynch, but until Aladeen joins I will have to takeover his role and claim that I will ejaculate on either 112 or Hashtag until they are soddenly filled with semen.

If you have read the past 1&1/2 paragraphs, you have mostly wasted your time

I whole-heartedly mourn your loss.

Yes, it would have been - but you loosely agreed with his early thoughts (saying you had your own suspicions) and prompted him to go on for you. It's an easy way to mount a case on someone without doing any of the work - and subsequently attracting attention to - yourself.

That second paragraph is silly if you read my actual post on the extension.

I'm not sure if you're denying responsibility for this round with your third paragraph.

112 seems to be playing too hard for a first round imo.

You're really trying to find something out of nothing.

How is asking someone to go into detail on their vote suspicious. Especially when that was pretty much his only vote.

TL tends to be on the quiet side when mafia.

My reason for suspicion was different then his anyways so it's not like I needed a reason to be suspicious of you.

Denying responsibility by saying nightfalls give me the most information?

No just stating that extending the first round seems like an obvious NO to me.

Doing so just seems like something the mafia would be interested in seeing as it would be pretty pointless.

At least from my perspective on how I get information.

That's a really odd thing to find suspicious. More time is good for the town so we have more information to work with. You're going to get nightfall information one day or the next, so it doesn't really matter when it happens...

Don't we only get one extension?

I don't get why we'd use it on the first day when we literally have a whole lot of nothing to go on.

Just gut feelings. Which personally, you all have terrible reads on me for when I'm mafia :P

It would be way more useful when we can actually go back read and analyze the previous rounds.

With an extended first round I'd love that as the mafia. Easy to subtly throw in suspicions or egg on others incorrect suspicions.

WHAT? That's the whole point of the game. You try and dig away at people until they either prove their innocence or slip up. Just because there isn't much to go on doesn't mean we should just give up.

Don't we only get one extension?

I don't get why we'd use it on the first day when we literally have a whole lot of nothing to go on.

Just gut feelings. Which personally, you all have terrible reads on me for when I'm mafia :P

It would be way more useful when we can actually go back read and analyze the previous rounds.

With an extended first round I'd love that as the mafia. Easy to subtly throw in suspicions or egg on others incorrect suspicions.

I'd rather use it on the weekend for selfish reasons, but I can see the logic behind wanting it used this round as well. If people are going to be as active as they pledged to be, there's no reason we can't find a reasonable lynch target with an extra 24 hours.

I'd rather use it on the weekend for selfish reasons, but I can see the logic behind wanting it used this round as well. If people are going to be as active as they pledged to be, there's no reason we can't find a reasonable lynch target with an extra 24 hours.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I see it as a huge waste on a one time action.

I'm also very stubborn in my thinking that there's no way Hermione would be made a Bad witch.. Yes yes I know "But the roles have nothing to blah blah"

No one will convince me otherwise.

I'm also very stubborn in my thinking that there's no way Hermione would be made a Bad witch.. Yes yes I know "But the roles have nothing to blah blah"

No one will convince me otherwise.

Not even MR?

Notable Changes

1) There will be 9 regular TP (Evil Witches), 3 Mafia (Good Witches), and 1 Doctor. All players will be assigned a fictional/mythical witch character. Characters give no indication of alignment; they are simply for a bit of flavour.

I'm the White Witch. Didn't I kill that lion guy or something? I should be sufficiently evil. I'm practically a dentist.

How is asking someone to go into detail on their vote suspicious. Especially when that was pretty much his only vote.
TL tends to be on the quiet side when mafia.

My reason for suspicion was different then his anyways so it's not like I needed a reason to be suspicious of you.

Denying responsibility by saying nightfalls give me the most information?
No just stating that extending the first round seems like an obvious NO to me.
Doing so just seems like something the mafia would be interested in seeing as it would be pretty pointless.

At least from my perspective on how I get information.

I never said asking him to go in to detail on his vote was suspicious in itself. I said you dropping a 'I have suspicions' and then requesting that he expand on his thoughts against me was suspicious.

What was your reason?

Archived