The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension]. Flames sign D Giordano to six-year, $40.5M extension

tera_ha

Jones, Hudler and both goalies come of the books. That's a lot of cap. Not to mention Ortio looks promising.

Yeah, cause its not like they are going to resign Hudler for more than the $4M he's making. They also don't need goalies so

they will have lots of cap! (Sarcasm)

Read my other posts in this thread.

Great deal for Calgary - hands down Norris imo - for under 7 million is a real statement from the captain - a Sedin-like team-centred deal on behalf of Giordano.

I love this guy - one of my favorite players in the NHL. He's an absolute two way stud - undrafted - and practically peerless at this point.

Yeah, cause its not like they are going to resign Hudler for more than the $4M he's making. They also don't need goalies so

they will have lots of cap! (Sarcasm)

Read my other posts in this thread.

Hurdler likely won't be 're-signed, and Ortio is, wait for it... A goalie, who looks very promising.

They also have very good prospects to take Hudlers spot.

Giordano and Wideman will both be 32 next season, so the good thing is the Flames shouldn't have too many prime years left out of this current D-core.

I would think they wanna trade Wideman in the next couple years in order to re-sign Russel.

Giordano and Wideman will both be 32 next season, so the good thing is the Flames shouldn't have too many prime years left out of this current D-core.

I would think they wanna trade Wideman in the next couple years in order to re-sign Russel.

Russell is 28, Hamilton is 22 and Brodie is 25. Plus they have some promising D prospects. They're in pretty damn good shape I'd say.

Yeah these guys and kings and oilers will be fighting hard for the cup now for years cant beleave they got so little money for such a excelent dman. Benning is the biggest idiott in the league and watching this is sad :(

And Benning hates you too. Maybe put down the Lego and learn how to ???? spell.

Russell is 28, Hamilton is 22 and Brodie is 25. Plus they have some promising D prospects. They're in pretty damn good shape I'd say.

None of those guys are likely to put up 60 points a season though.

Yes they'll still have a great D-core, but not as great without Gio and Wideman.

Archived