The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When will the players start showing up at UBC?

duncan44

Jon Abbott was on TSN1040 yesterday and was saying that a handful are practicing at Britannia (still there today and Thu) but that they should possibly then shift to UBC. He also said that Bo and Dorsett should join that group today.

From his twitter account yesterday @HockeyAbbs: "Unofficial skate has Baertschi/Corrado/Edler/Hansen/Higgins/Kenins/McCann/Pedan getting ready for camp".
And this tweet from today: "Looks at new numbers Dorsett-15 and Bartkowski-44 as they join Horvat/Markstrom/H.Sedin/Gaunce as latest summer skaters"

Jon Abbott was on TSN1040 yesterday and was saying that a handful are practicing at Britannia (still there today and Thu) but that they should possibly then shift to UBC. He also said that Bo and Dorsett should join that group today.

From his twitter account yesterday @HockeyAbbs: "Unofficial skate has Baertschi/Corrado/Edler/Hansen/Higgins/Kenins/McCann/Pedan getting ready for camp".

And this tweet from today: "Looks at new numbers Dorsett-15 and Bartkowski-44 as they join Horvat/Markstrom/H.Sedin/Gaunce as latest summer skaters"

Yes I was going to post about John Abbott on Twitter as well he has been doing daily updates on which player are on the ice each day and as you mentioned Horvat was there for the first time today as well as Hank.

I swear, I saw Pedan walking around during the fireworks ceremony.

We just had a thread on this last week. We aren't the players' keepers and we don't have their schedules marked in our calendar.

EDIT: and here it is: ** When are the Nux getting to Van**

Some players are here and some will be showing up later. Follow them on their social media accounts if you want to find out when they're arriving.

Oh snap! elvis15 has had it, and ain't gonna take no more!

Gaunce looks mad trim hey

I've also heard from a couple people (each were standing next to Gaunce off the ice) that he seems to have gained an inch or two in height since last year. So he might now be 6'3" (possibly even pushing close to 6'4"), which could have an effect on his appearance.

That said, he really does look extremely fit (you especially notice the change in his face in those pictures) so I'd assume he's trained very hard this summer, which will hopefully pay dividends for him on the ice this season.

Archived