The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2015-16

Nail

2 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To DET: Jack Johnson, Brock McGinn, Philip Samuelsson

To EDM: Cody Eakin

Very happy to bring in Cody, even though he is injured to begin the year, as he represent a good for our team at 25 years old, signed for three years at a reasonable cost of $3.0 mil, and versatile in the line-up on a probable playoff team for years to come. 

Johnson just never seemed to gel with our team and we wish he, Brock, and Philip good fortune in Detroit. The organization felt that our depth had finally improved to the point where we could make moves like this. 

This slso opens up the freedom to move out another forward so contact us if you are looking for a player. 

IR: The Oilers place Cody Eakin on IR. 

Recall: The Oilers recall Austin Matthews. 

Cammalleri-Turris-Jagr

Matthews-Eichel-Vanek

Pouliot-Girgensons-McGinn

Dorsett-Nolan-Foligno

Braun-Subban

Wiercioch-Theodore

Sbisa-Bigras

Holzer

Carolina Hurricanes ELC slides

Forward - Axel Holmstrom

Defense - Tucker Poolman

Goalie - Adin Hill

While I'm open to all trades, these three will not be traded during the season now that they are on their ELC slides.

Holmstrom continues to impress. He had an injury at the end of last season, and he and the Wings decided it was in the best interest of his development that he spend one more year in Europe before crossing the pond at the tail end of this coming season.

Tucker Poolman, while many in Winnipeg were hoping that he'd challenge for a spot on the bottom pairing this year, decided that he would spend one more year playing for the UNC. In large part this was because he wanted to play alongside his brother, Colton. Having seen him play firsthand quite a number of times, I am eager to have him join the organization.

Lastly comes Adin Hill. Difficult choice, as both him and Nick Ellis have had terrific camps and pre-season's so far. Tough call, but I feel as though Ellis is a little closer to getting a call up with the Oilers this year, should an injury occur.

IMG_0490.PNG

header-image.jpg

With the season only 2 weeks away the Columbus Blue Jackets roster looks almost set but this may not be the case. GM Winterhawks is reportedly discussing trades with multiple teams including players from top six wingers to prospects not yet ready for the NHL. When asked about these trade rumors, GM Winterhawks only had this to say "I would not be doing my job if I wasn't trying to improve this team every day. We have no interest in being in the bottom half of the standings again this year". Some of the Columbus players rumored to be available are Nick Foligno, Tomas Tatar and Darren Helm. They are currently tight to the cap so they are likely looking to create a little more breathing room for themselves. The next two weeks should be an interesting one for the Blue Jackets. Stay tuned for more details....

As it stands, Detroit's D corp is now:

Hedman-Niskanen

Sekera-Hanifin

Johnson-Girardi

Extras: McQuaid, Olsen

We are looking to move a defenseman for an equal forward or a couple of pieces depending on the name. Inquire with Detroit if you are looking for blue line help. Bold is OTB. Can retain salary for anyone if necessary.

Archived