The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2015-16

Nail

Has been 48 hours and offer has not been matched.

The Carolina Hurricames are absolutely thrilled and formally welcome Anthony Stolarz to the organization. Splitting starting goaltending IRL for the Flyers affiliate, the former 2nd round selection in 2012 is the Flyers top goaltending prospect in the system. The 6'6" beast is a good bet as a future starter for the Flyers.

There are a number of prospects I have had my eye on since joining the Hurricanes in February, Stolarz is a guy I've wanted since the very beginning, and he joins a list of guys like Ehlers, Pulock, Honka, Bowey, Williams, Panarin, and Quine to be, what I hope is a very deep franchise in the coming years.

I had plans to offer sheet him after I moved Ramo, good timing on your part.

We have a trade to announce...

To NYI: Mikael Backlund, Colton Sissons, Erik Foley
To ANA: Stephen Weiss, Adam Clendening, Blake Speers, Julien Nantel, Matthew Berkovitz, DAL 2016 2nd Round Pick, MIN 2016 3rd Round Pick, NYI 2017 2nd Round Pick

To ANA: Stephen Weiss, Adam Clendening, Blake Speers, Julien Nantel, Matthew Berkovitz, DAL 2016 2nd Round Pick, MIN 2016 3rd Round Pick, NYI 2017 2nd Round Pick

lmao

Thought I had a much worse night than what ended up happening. 41 points after all said and done. However, since there were a lot of teams in action, was pushed down to 12th overall, down from 9th.

However, when looking at the standings, looks like the West is, at this point, occupying most of the top 20 spots. If things keep going this way, the West is going to be a dog fight leading up to the playoffs.

Thought I had a much worse night than what ended up happening. 41 points after all said and done. However, since there were a lot of teams in action, was pushed down to 12th overall, down from 9th.

However, when looking at the standings, looks like the West is, at this point, occupying most of the top 20 spots. If things keep going this way, the West is going to be a dog fight leading up to the playoffs.

It's funny - going into the season, the Eastern teams looked a lot stronger on paper.

It's the opposite of the real NHL, in that the Pacific Division is just killer - 3 of the top-5 teams!

Want to thank Swede for a produtive negotiation.

His team is very strong down the middle with Duchene, Henrique, Bjugstad, (Backlund), Lowry, Colborne - so this was a deal he could make.  We're quite happy to add Mikael in an area our club was probably weakest.  Swede was looking to add a young roster D or prospect and primarily futures - we normally don't like letting go of our higher picks, but were fairly rich there (and happy with our last draft) - so we felt that giving up a young D as well as 3 picks and 3 prospects in this deal was worth it, particularly with Swede affording us the cap relief in taking on Stephen Weiss.  We hope Weiss either signs somewhere or goes to Europe - but we simply ran out of patience (and got tired of googling him every day) and wanted/needed the cap space sooner rather than later.

We wish Swede and Anaheim the best moving forward.

/\
Hahah - that's the 2nd time Swede has taken a Weiss-dump. I think he got more out of oldnews then he did out of me/Monty.

The moment SW retires or signs overseas though, Swede will look like a genius.

Watch Weiss go to Sweden (or Edmonton) next week lol.  I hope it happens. Murphy's law when I make a deal like this.

As a rule I'm against the idea of spending assets to gain cap space - particularly when a team is as bad as mine is - but we're hoping to generate a turnaround - we're not jockeying for draft position - we want to finish as highly as we can (regardless of how low that might turn out to be).  We might have opted to buy him out - but we tried patience - and it ran out lol.  The exception though for us is this case -(yeah, the Isles paid more than we got for taking him).   We hope this turns into a win for Swede and won't mind having given up futures to him .  If not, we might wind up owing him one next time.

If Swede throws in Duchene (retains half his salary) and two first round picks, it's a deal.

LOL! Critizise me all you want, but I have the cap space and I'm rebuilding. 

So far, I've given up: 

Sharp - 50% retained

Chimera - 50% retained 

Schwartz 

Backlund

Foley

Sissons

So far I've received:

Lowry 

Bartkowski

Duchene

Harrington

Weiss

Speers

Clendenning

Nantel 

Beokvitz

LAK 2016 1st

DAL 2016 2nd

NYI 2016 2nd

MIN 2016 3rd 

PIT 2016 3rd

I certainly don't mind retaining in the current situation. When I took over, one of the things that needed immediate attention was depth. I think I have addressed that fairly well so far. 

Archived