The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best/Worst Ball Parks in Baseball

g_bassi13

Wrigley and Fenway because they are old school parks. The ivy in the backfield at Wrigley is iconic. As well as the "stands" across the street. And the advertising on rooftops. Come on man, this just looks like how a baseball field should look

1200px-Wrigley_Field_-_panorama_-_upper_

AT&T because of it's beautiful setting. (Part of the reason I wanted to have the Whitecaps to build waterfront stadium).

Seen a game at: Skydome, Safeco, Kingdome, (old) Yankee Stadium, and of course Nat Bailey.

Visited AT&T Park for a tour, and walked along the plaza of Angel Stadium.

AT&T park was the best looking stadium I visited, especially being in the California sunshine.

However I had the most fun attending games at Skydome (on Canada Day) and Safeco field whenever the Jays are in town, especially a few years ago when they played in Seattle on Canada Day. Honourable mention to Nat Bailey to being a good time too.

I think a California baseball tour is in order next summer.

• 2 months later...
On 13/10/2015 at 4:11 PM, ruletherink said:

Seen a game at: Skydome, Safeco, Kingdome, (old) Yankee Stadium, and of course Nat Bailey.

Visited AT&T Park for a tour, and walked along the plaza of Angel Stadium.

AT&T park was the best looking stadium I visited, especially being in the California sunshine.

However I had the most fun attending games at Skydome (on Canada Day) and Safeco field whenever the Jays are in town, especially a few years ago when they played in Seattle on Canada Day. Honourable mention to Nat Bailey to being a good time too.

I think a California baseball tour is in order next summer.

Yea i was at the game few years ago on Canada day! Got to see Holladay pitch. N Ichiro up and close!! We were out chanting them!! was classic.

On 10/9/2015 at 11:39 AM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Minute Maid Park is the worst imo, who puts a hill in center field and a light pole to run into.

Yeah, the sloping CF and pole are weird ideas, but the rest of the park is okay. I kind of like the train tracks and windows in left...

For me, the worst by a country mile is the Trop. Simply awful ballpark.

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, the sloping CF and pole are weird ideas, but the rest of the park is okay. I kind of like the train tracks and windows in left...

For me, the worst by a country mile is the Trop. Simply awful ballpark.

I am a CF so that's why I don't like that field. Trop is ugly reminds me of the old Skydome...

• 5 weeks later...
On October 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Minute Maid Park is the worst imo, who puts a hill in center field and a light pole to run into.

I had to look up the MMP on Google to see it.  That's an easy fix, level the slope area and remove that dumb pole. I wonder why they didn't do it...cheapstake? 

I'm planning to visit the AT&T Park this summer for my first MLB game. I can't wait. Does anyone have recommendations where I can get awesome seat of the view, and anything I should try to eat? :) 

Fav:

• AT&T Park

One of the best experiences I ever had was going to Gm 2 of the 2012 World Series. The view of the Bay day or night is fantastic and the atmosphere is fantastic no matter when you go. I stumbled upon one of the best views ever...the last row of the upper deck down the 1st base line you can see the entire field, downtown San Fran & the Bay Bridge.

• Fenway Park 

I'm a bit bias as a Red Sox fan but Fenway has a unique charm & history to it. Certain views could be better but Monster seats are an experience all on their own. Pre game down Yawkey Way is also quite the experience.

• PNC Park

Only been a couple of times but PNC has one of the best views of downtown Pittsburgh and I love that it only has 2 decks and with the Pirates winning recently has made the atmosphere at games very eventful. Plus I love coming into the park through the bridge.

Worst:

• Tropicana Field

The roof takes away the character and echoes everything and those catwalks are ridiculous(would hate to be a Rays player) plus the "special rules" for those catwalks. Can see why they have threatened to leave.

• Athletics

This was a nice stadium at one point but over the years has just gotten bad. The view was fantastic till they built the ridiculous bleachers (that only the Raiders use). They need a new stadium and FAST.

I don't really have a issue with Marlins Park, but whatever that thing is in centrefield is ugly. I also miss the old Yankee Stadium.

Archived