The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting rid of the fragile mindset of this team

icycold

Getting rid of the fragile mindset of this team has "maybe" finally happened with more new fresh faces, i remember when buffy ran roughshod over Louie and we had no answer (no donald brashear) or even close and the best at the time wasn't good enough and the whole team ego seemed to crack and that was that and we never really recovered BUT now like it or not losing that fragile ego comes with new players that haven't gone through that, nevermind management although trevor was around in the wings so to speak. So now (HOPEFULLY!) a lot of that has gone and a new attitude of yes no more of that b.s. and what MG tried to do WILL finally get done and we have a new mix of vets and prospects and players will be ready to step in when the old core leave via age. Benning knows the value of getting speedier and yet grittier too gets you from being in boston so hopefully after it ALL is weeded out and a completely new era that has begun will finally lay it to rest and it dead and buried at the back as hopefully we get even better players to push for that elusive Lord Stanley as hard as it was when Linden played. That wuld be the greatest relief without drinking a six pack and holding "it" in a sea of a bathroom line up at a party! Cmon canucks! get er done! No more bull$&!#e!

It's true though. We act like we are up by four if we dominate the O-zone and maybe hit a crossbar, but you can hear the balloon pop when we get scored on. Heads hang on the bench. This spring, when we were up 3-0 and got a PP and absolutely went into slo-mo zero killer instinct mode I honestly said, "feck, we could lose this game". True story.

Getting rid of the fragile mindset of this team has "maybe" finally happened with more new fresh faces, i remember when buffy ran roughshod over Louie and we had no answer (no donald brashear) or even close and the best at the time wasn't good enough and the whole team ego seemed to crack and that was that and we never really recovered BUT now like it or not losing that fragile ego comes with new players that haven't gone through that, nevermind management although trevor was around in the wings so to speak. So now (HOPEFULLY!) a lot of that has gone and a new attitude of yes no more of that b.s. and what MG tried to do WILL finally get done and we have a new mix of vets and prospects and players will be ready to step in when the old core leave via age. Benning knows the value of getting speedier and yet grittier too gets you from being in boston so hopefully after it ALL is weeded out and a completely new era that has begun will finally lay it to rest and it dead and buried at the back as hopefully we get even better players to push for that elusive Lord Stanley as hard as it was when Linden played. That wuld be the greatest relief without drinking a six pack and holding "it" in a sea of a bathroom line up at a party! Cmon canucks! get er done! No more bulle!

^^^^jiminy crickets, Pinnochio...the educational system sure is failing society ain't it?

Over the course of its 40+ year history, the Canucks have never had the collective mental toughness to be the ones dictating how the game is played. We have had a culture of being reactionary to the tone other teams set...my hope is that before I die, I get to watch a team that will impose its will on the opposing team on a game-after-game basis.

I wish for a team filled with natural born killers...that when it senses that the other team is wavering, it just absolutely destroys them...a team that has the ability to close out a game after it gets a lead.

I wish for a team that hates to lose more than it loves to win.

I wish for a team that will beat the schnot out of the opposition in the back alley and also on the scoreboard.

I wish for a team that plays with controlled and purposeful anger and fury.

My wish is pretty simple...do whatever it takes to win...whether it's by hook or crook, just win. Win ugly if need be.

Sorry in advance to all the bleeding hearts who want a team full of classy players. Classy players who can't win should be shipped out...classy players who are capable of winning should be revered. Those just wanting to win need not apply...those wanting to win and willing to do whatever it takes to win are welcomed. That should solve the whole mental fragility issue.

^^^^jiminy crickets, Pinnochio...the educational system sure is failing society ain't it?

Over the course of its 40+ year history, the Canucks have never had the collective mental toughness to be the ones dictating how the game is played. We have had a culture of being reactionary to the tone other teams set...my hope is that before I die, I get to watch a team that will impose its will on the opposing team on a game-after-game basis.

I wish for a team filled with natural born killers...that when it senses that the other team is wavering, it just absolutely destroys them...a team that has the ability to close out a game after it gets a lead.

I wish for a team that will beat the schnot out of the opposition in the back alley and also on the scoreboard.

My wish is pretty simple...do whatever it takes to win...whether it's by hook or crook, just win. Win ugly if need be.

Sorry in advance to all the bleeding hearts who want a team full of classy players. Classy players who can't win should be shipped out...classy players who are capable of winning should be revered. Those just wanting to win need not apply...those wanting to win and willing to do whatever it takes to win are welcomed. That should solve the whole mental fragility issue.

I think Benning is doing a great job at bringing in some character guys! Virtanen will be that guy you described and hopefully Lucic next year :) we just gotta stick it out and wait for JB to do his magic :), finallya GM making us bigger and stronger!

As much a I like hank sedin he should never been made captain. The team is a direct reflection of him rarely if ever stands up for himself let alone team mates. Thornton poking him in the face with zero retaliation said it all.

Modest and soft spoken at times appears to have zero emotion.

Biggest mistake when new management came in was not changing the identity of the team with a new personality as captain.

The identity won't change till the guys leading do.

So basically you want the Canucks to be the 10/11 Bruins. Don't worry, we've got the guy to build that thing.

how has that worked in your life?

Archived