The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks hard copy tickets

WalkWithElias

as a fellow ticket holder as my 2nd year as one, i was told by another fellow member , that us season tickets holders, will no longer be getting hard copy tickets any longer , the only way we will be able to get into the arena is by a mobile device or print the ticket off at home, when i found out about this, i was kinda upset, also we get our tickets in 2 week and they didn't tell us anything yet.

It's definitely a smaller issue, and people are going to post "who cares" or "smh" typi-posts, but I don't get why they'd change it.

The hard copy tickets were very convenient, easy to keep.

Some of the older STH's may not have a printer, or a smartphone so it's inconvenience to them.

Try calling the guy who handles your season tickets, and requesting the usual hard covers and maybe you'll get something?

It is a tough transition. The first time it happened to me was 3 years ago with the Florida Panthers. We were expecting our usual package and kept waiting. Eventually we called. They said did you get you season ticket holder card? We had received it. The response was that is your ticket. When you are based in a different country entirely it seemed like kind of a pain to just have a card but it works.

You e-mail tickets to people and it saves money. They are much easier to sell now that they can be uploaded. Less chance of fake tickets.

But it's pretty sad.

not surprise if true, it saves the canucks alot of $$$$...

but then canucks asked STH if they want their tickets to be mailed or pick up at rogers arena a few months back.. so kinda weird they dont do hard copy tickets now... i can see them going mobile/print after this yr..

Was talking to my account manager yesterday, he said cause lots of fans asked for it, but it be good for them to tell us about it

not surprise if true, it saves the canucks alot of $$$$...

but then canucks asked STH if they want their tickets to be mailed or pick up at rogers arena a few months back.. so kinda weird they dont do hard copy tickets now... i can see them going mobile/print after this yr..

I'm not buying it. I haven't heard anything about this. My guess is, they will be implementing is next year, so this will probably be the last year of hard tickets.

That being said, I am GLAD they are doing this, great job if true. I am a huge fan of etickets and I feel like hard copy tickets are a huge waste of money and resources. ALL of those tickets either end of being recycled or in the trash. It's a huge burden. Plus a lot of booklets never even get picked up.

As far as corporate tickets go, every team (as far as I know) offers the ability to get hard copy tickets for a fee if you need them. They print them at the box office... on colour paper. It looks almost as good as season tickets. They charge a fee for this. So basically, a corporate account holder who needs hard copy tickets will get them. They just won't come in a nice booklet, they will come folded up in a pile, attached end-to-end, old school style, and they will cost $.

Its this year, not next year. No pricing on tickets either to give STH more flexibility in selling them.

Also, looks like ice packs are now;

1 pre season, 4 reg, 2 reg+, 2 prem, 2 prem +

Halfs would be double those, and full would have em all.

Its variable pricing. Reg + is new category, thus splitting prem games into 2

Its this year, not next year. No pricing on tickets either to give STH more flexibility in selling them.

Why didn't Victor DeBonis mention it in his long email? Can't think of a more perfect time to announce the elimination of hard copy tickets than during a huge long email announcing major changes to tickets. When will they announce it, in another week? If reps are just spreading the word randomly then that's not a very efficient way to do business. I think some corporations would be very upset... a lot of people might have put deposits down based on the fact they got hard copy tickets. Why would any team implement something last minute? No business is that dumb. They have done hard copy tickets for 40 years they can do them for ONE MORE YEAR and give people adequate notice about the changes for next year.

Well I guess it's true. Here's an article just posted: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/08/28/canucks-moving-to-dynamic-ticket-pricing/

A little blurb at the bottom says: "Also, season ticket holders will be issued paper-less tickets, likely similar to how the Whitecaps have issued tickets to their STHs in the last three seasons. Instead of the classic book of tickets, Whitecaps STHS get a plastic swipe card with a scanner code. They can also download tickets on to their phone."

My guess is... the Canucks can print hard copy tickets still (as I said above). They will charge for it, but this year they will "waive the fee" since there wasn't enough notice.

So I guess no one will be mad.....

Well I guess it's true. Here's an article just posted: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/08/28/canucks-moving-to-dynamic-ticket-pricing/

A little blurb at the bottom says: "Also, season ticket holders will be issued paper-less tickets, likely similar to how the Whitecaps have issued tickets to their STHs in the last three seasons. Instead of the classic book of tickets, Whitecaps STHS get a plastic swipe card with a scanner code. They can also download tickets on to their phone."

My guess is... the Canucks can print hard copy tickets still (as I said above). They will charge for it, but this year they will "waive the fee" since there wasn't enough notice.

So I guess no one will be mad.....

The BC Lions issue a card as well. I wasn't a fan at first, but it grows on you. I can still print paper tickets at home if I need to give them to friends.

My guess behind these is to combat scalping and reselling tickets in general. People are a lot less likely to buy a paper ticket from a stranger on the street or off of Craigslist.

They want people to use ticket exchange. I am also a STH of the flames. They sent an email explaining how to list your tickets for sale on ticket exchange. Under their ticket management you can already sell and receive payment. But you still can't print or transfer tickets. Then my Flames rep called me to let me know the same stuff the email already said. I wonder how much extra cash this gives them......

The Canucks of course don't do anything. My ticket management still has nothing, can't even see my invoices.

I remember last year they were the last team to have their tickets printable.

They want people to use ticket exchange. I am also a STH of the flames. They sent an email explaining how to list your tickets for sale on ticket exchange. Under their ticket management you can already sell and receive payment. But you still can't print or transfer tickets. Then my Flames rep called me to let me know the same stuff the email already said. I wonder how much extra cash this gives them......

The Canucks of course don't do anything. My ticket management still has nothing, can't even see my invoices.

I remember last year they were the last team to have their tickets printable.

I don't get what you mean about the Calgary flames not letting you print. I see lots of tickets on stubhub listed for Calgary Flames that are "electronic" tickets. So you must be able to print flames tickets? Otherwise how would you get the electronic tickets?

I don't get what you mean about the Calgary flames not letting you print. I see lots of tickets on stubhub listed for Calgary Flames that are "electronic" tickets. So you must be able to print flames tickets? Otherwise how would you get the electronic tickets?

They are electronic, not instant download on stubhub right now. I assume they will allow us to print in the next couple weeks. But you could sell on ticket exchange for the last 2 weeks, I already got a check from them. I am not sure if the buyer can print them off or not yet.

Edmonton already has everything working apparently, even instant downloads on stubhub for over a week.

Lots of Canucks listed UPS......wonder how that will work now....I bet people have sold tickets listed as UPS shipping.

lets hope its still hard copy tickets this season.. and maybe offer hard copy tickets for those want to pay a fee after the next season..

i do like the dynamic pricing though for general public sale.. but hopefully doesnt go to high like what the seahawks did. first season seahawks havent sold out any games yet because they scalp their tickets too high.. $67 tickets turning into $300 a pop.

lets hope its still hard copy tickets this season.. and maybe offer hard copy tickets for those want to pay a fee after the next season..

i do like the dynamic pricing though for general public sale.. but hopefully doesnt go to high like what the seahawks did. first season seahawks havent sold out any games yet because they scalp their tickets too high.. $67 tickets turning into $300 a pop.

No hard copy tickets , as was told from my rep

Archived