The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evander Kane Billboard

Cowgary

She's very beautiful with or without the air brush. Stop being so shallow. Regardless of her looks he obviously cares for her for more than looks.

Cares enough to be a stalker?

I reckon posting billboard I love you message, rather than a quick call and a rose... Might (honest question) be a little creepy?

Explain to me how a 24 year old chasing love needs to grow up? He's done quite well for himself and I bet grew up because of hockey a lot faster than you did.

you, of course, are entitled to your opinion. I am of the opinion that chasing love of an ex girlfriend by taking out a billboard add is immature. Evander's public behaviour, at times, has displayed a lack of maturity. Even some of his teammates in Winnipeg publicly stated as much. I think he's a fabulous hockey player, but do question his maturity. If the young lady had just accepted his proposal for marriage, that I could see (somewhat) but this gesture is for an EX girlfriend. I don't see this as romantic, but strange.

As for my maturity, or any posters here, that is not for discussion.

I reckon posting billboard I love you message, rather than a quick call and a rose... Might (honest question) be a little creepy?

Having a billboard put up is stalking. Does that imply he's following her around, checking up on her Facebook...? A little dramatic I would say.

you, of course, are entitled to your opinion. I am of the opinion that chasing love of an ex girlfriend by taking out a billboard add is immature. Evander's public behaviour, at times, has displayed a lack of maturity. Even some of his teammates in Winnipeg publicly stated as much. I think he's a fabulous hockey player, but do question his maturity. If the young lady had just accepted his proposal for marriage, that I could see (somewhat) but this gesture is for an EX girlfriend. I don't see this as romantic, but strange.

As for my maturity, or any posters here, that is not for discussion.

I am not questioning his past actions. I am questioning this one. It is a little strange, as there's no love note or anything. We don't know their situation or what pleases her. Maybe having her own billboard was her dream and this is his way of winning her back. Who knows I just think this action is not suitable for saying he needs to grow up. Not sure of your age but women do strange things to men in their 20's.

Having a billboard put up is stalking. Does that imply he's following her around, checking up on her Facebook...? A little dramatic I would say.

Let's face it though, we all do the Facebook thing from time to time.

I am not questioning his past actions. I am questioning this one. It is a little strange, as there's no love note or anything. We don't know their situation or what pleases her. Maybe having her own billboard was her dream and this is his way of winning her back. Who knows I just think this action is not suitable for saying he needs to grow up. Not sure of your age but women do strange things to men in their 20's.

You make some good points: a billboard was her dream, and he was helping her fulfill that. That is a believable scenario. IMO - Women are not responsible for a man's behaviour. We, as men, (people in general) are completely responsible for our own actions. I read once an interesting perspective: "reality is not how we perceive ourselves, but rather how others perceive us." Maybe you're on the right track, more so than me, and it's really only that young lady's perception of the billboard is the only reality that matters?

You make some good points: a billboard was her dream, and he was helping her fulfill that. That is a believable scenario. IMO - Women are not responsible for a man's behaviour. We, as men, (people in general) are completely responsible for our own actions. I read once an interesting perspective: "reality is not how we perceive ourselves, but rather how others perceive us." Maybe you're on the right track, more so than me, and it's really only that young lady's perception of the billboard is the only reality that matters?

It is possible, and knowing how I would try to impress a girl, I just feel she most likely mentioned it at some point. Otherwise it is just a little odd and creepy. While you're right about being responsible for your own actions, you can't deny biology, and evolution. People have done crazier things for "love". Very normal rational people can be severely swayed by the opposite sex, they seem to bring out our primitive side. I on the other hand am quite boring and don't have the funds for a billboard.

Let's face it though, we all do the Facebook thing from time to time.

There's a fine line between checking up on someone's Facebook, and stalking someone's Facebook. Sadly most people don't really have a clue when they have crossed it. When I break up with someone I do everything I can to 1. Pretend they don't exist, and 2. Make it seem like I don't exist.

Just imagine your ex, and remember that word ex, and then think of any emotions or pressure every time you pass that road sign?

The fact you have to answer you mum's phone call when she see's it. Then all the facebook questions, and looks when friends see it. When colleagues ask who is Evander... It gets constantly thrown in your face.

Who knows to what extent he follows her around actually stalking? Don't know that he does. But its a classic sign...

Sounds like someone's mad that they don't have a hot rich girlfriend.

Actually I'm not mad, nor jealous. Maybe if you read what I wrote, I'm pointing out there are lots of other very lovely women out there.

I'd rather be happy with someone I love. Maybe I'm not vain and self-centred. Resorting to making an ad on a billboard doesn't strike me as very romantic. But each to his/her own.

Romeo and juliet would be considered creepy to todays standards. Real love makes people crazy. Not dangerous, but crazy. Theres a difference.

If she wasnt a model in the public sphere sure it would be creepy to put up her pic. How about the airplane contrail msgs? Are those creepy?

Guys keep in mind, he probably earns the amount of money required to rent a billboard in less than a single period of play. Both he and his ex girlfriend are well known already and don't need a billboard for people to know who they are. I don't want to make it sound meaningless, because it's the thought that counts, but for a rich famous couple like these two it's not nearly as outlandish of a gesture as it is for Joe from Hertz Car Rental.

Also, I doubt that this is the ONLY thing he's done to try and win her back. It would be creepy if she were trying to avoid him at all costs and he did this, but what if they're talking and texting and hanging out on friendly/romantic terms?

Archived