The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

real-time dynamic ticket pricing for the Canucks

homersexual

never lower than the season ticket holder price so basically this is no savings at all. Last year these ticket prices would be around 65 bucks for lower bowl based on this type of system if they didn't have a cap on how low they could go. For blue zone lowerbowl 117.50 is the lowest they could ever be. It is no different than the current system now of letting season ticket holders sell tickets on NHL.com.

This really just seems more like the aquilini's are trying to save money instead of letting season ticket holders be able to sell tickets at a cheaper price than ticketmaster on nhl.com.

never lower than the season ticket holder price so basically this is no savings at all. Last year these ticket prices would be around 65 bucks for lower bowl based on this type of system if they didn't have a cap on how low they could go. For blue zone lowerbowl 117.50 is the lowest they could ever be. It is no different than the current system now of letting season ticket holders sell tickets on NHL.com.

This really just seems more like the aquilini's are trying to save money instead of letting season ticket holders be able to sell tickets at a cheaper price than ticketmaster on nhl.com.

This is part of the email they just sent...

FIXED AVERAGE PRICING – OLD

Fixed Average Price

(45 Games) Total Membership Cost $64.58 $2,906.10

VARIABLE MEMBER PRICING – NEW

Pre-season

(4 games) Regular

(16 games) Regular Plus

(8 games) Premium

(8 games) Premium Plus

(9 games) Total Membership Cost $47.11 $51.01 $64.58 $79.44 $83.26 $2,906.10

I think by adjusting season ticket holder prices like this.....Its so they can lower it down to those levels for the pre-season or regular games, as well as STH on the ticket exchange. It has no real usefulness to STHs that I can see.

But even at those price preseason will be all stubhub. at $47.11 after ticket exchange buyer fees you are aready close to $60 for upperbowl II, you can't sell preseason for that. The $51 regular season games....maybe some sales at that price.

Nothing much has changed... Total price is same for the whole package. Individual tickets are still worth whatever you're able to sell them for.

It's more of a way to prevent unbalanced ticket trades from people who wa t to exchange regular games for say, premium ones thinking the cost is 1:1.

This is part of the email they just sent...

FIXED AVERAGE PRICING – OLD

Fixed Average Price

(45 Games) Total Membership Cost $64.58 $2,906.10

VARIABLE MEMBER PRICING – NEW

Pre-season

(4 games) Regular

(16 games) Regular Plus

(8 games) Premium

(8 games) Premium Plus

(9 games) Total Membership Cost $47.11 $51.01 $64.58 $79.44 $83.26 $2,906.10

I think by adjusting season ticket holder prices like this.....Its so they can lower it down to those levels for the pre-season or regular games, as well as STH on the ticket exchange. It has no real usefulness to STHs that I can see.

But even at those price preseason will be all stubhub. at $47.11 after ticket exchange buyer fees you are aready close to $60 for upperbowl II, you can't sell preseason for that. The $51 regular season games....maybe some sales at that price.

Yea but that looks like you have upperbowl tickets. The blue zone (offensive end) lowerbowl tickets last year couldn't even be given away I mean people actually expected me to sell 2 tickets for less than 50 dollars for the both of them. If you didn't list the tickets for 60-70 dollars each on craigslist well before the games you had pretty much no chance of selling them that's how low the demand was for these games. On the NHL ticket exchange they would not let you list the tickets for less than 117.50.

It doesn't really change anything it just lets the owners sell the tickets slightly cheaper to compete with the NHL exchange. So they sell the tickets instead of the season ticket holder.

Archived