The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EA Sports TOP 10 LW player ratings 2015-2016

NEON.KNEE

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2015/08/31/max-pacioretty-ranks-among-the-best-left-wingers-i/

I came across this list of the top-10 Left Wingers as per the EA SPorts rating for the upcoming NHL 2016.

I found the list fairly controversial, and just wanted to see how others felt about the rankings. imo Hall is too high and Steen is too low.

Here's the list:

Are you in agreement with the top 10 or you would have made some changes?

10. Patrick Sharp (88)

9. Alex Steen (88)

8. Andrew Ladd (88)

7. Patrick Marleau (88)

6. Gabriel Landeskog (89)

5.Max Pacioretty(89)

4. Zach Parise (90)

3.Taylor Hall (90)

2. Jamie Benn (92)

1. Alex Ovechkin (93)

Daniel was a top 10 scorer in the NHL last season, he should easily crack the top 10 LW's.

I'd put him ahead of at least half of those players.

The score takes into account a number of things, not just shooting/passing. Daniel has zero physicality and not great speed so makes sense why he wouldn't be top 10 despite his point totals.

I will give respect to Hall, I'd say he deserves an 89/90 rating. He is speedy and a pure goal scorer. He's just spent his career with a terrible Oilers team, which in my opinion is why he doesn't really get any acknowledgement. It makes sense for me too because, other than Parise, I'd rather take Hall over the LWs under him.

The score takes into account a number of things, not just shooting/passing. Daniel has zero physicality and not great speed so makes sense why he wouldn't be top 10 despite his point totals.

I know, but they don't use it consistently. Players like Datsyuk and Lidstrom have had very high ratings in recent games, but neither were physical.

Based on past games Speed doesn't have much effect on overalls. Physicality does though. Mostly the hitting skill though. Defence and offensive awareness have the most effect on overalls. And Daniel is very aware in both regards. Both Sedins should be 88-89s in my opinion. But I am heavily bias lol.

This is already being discussed in the NHL 16 thread so it might very well be shutdown. That being said, unless Daniel is rated 88 as well and just didn't make the cut for the list, I'm calling BS on these ratings.

was unaware of the discussion going on in the video game thread...sorry bud.

With that being said I understand that these are ratings for a video game that favor certain attributes over others. Maybe the age of Hall, giving him potential to become a better player in the future also gave him a higher rating than Steen, Patches, Marleau and Daniel...imo Parise is way too high as well in comparison to others on the list.

Daniel was a top 10 scorer in the NHL last season, he should easily crack the top 10 LW's.

I'd put him ahead of at least half of those players.

The NHL player ratings seem to emphasize physical tools such as speed, stickhandling, hitting, accuracy, etc. The Sedins are very average in this context but make up for it with elite hockey sense, which I believe is one category EA Sports rates players on, however in real life it allows them to make much more of impact than it does in a video game.

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2015/08/31/max-pacioretty-ranks-among-the-best-left-wingers-i/

I came across this list of the top-10 Left Wingers as per the EA SPorts rating for the upcoming NHL 2016.

I found the list fairly controversial, and just wanted to see how others felt about the rankings. imo Hall is too high and Steen is too low.

Here's the list:

Are you in agreement with the top 10 or you would have made some changes?

10. Patrick Sharp (88)

9. Alex Steen (88)

8. Andrew Ladd (88)

7. Patrick Marleau (88)

6. Gabriel Landeskog (89)

5.Max Pacioretty(89)

4. Zach Parise (90)

3.Taylor Hall (90)

2. Jamie Benn (92)

1. Alex Ovechkin (93)

1-4: Yup

5. Landeskog

6. D. Sedin

7. Pacioretty

8. Sharp

9. Steen

10.Marleau

Ok, I realize this is just a video game, but it does sorta highlight the frustration of the Canuck experience within the larger hockey world; no respect.

We were a dominant team that won back to back President trophies, and led is so many categories that it was unreal. And I understand hockey is all about the Cup, but I feel (yes I'm biased) that the Canucks should garner a touch more respect than they get. As a franchise they work hard for the community, we have classy players, who play hard.

And on...

And on...

And on....

(I was never one to just sit quietly and accept it, so I don't consider it whining if it's the truth)

Just a reminder too for the people that take ratings very seriously:

If certain players are doing really well in the season or are doing poor, EA will change the ratings in their roster updates, so if Daniel Sedin is in the top 5 for points at around December than EA will probably boost his rating. They've done it in their games in the past.

Archived