The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Patrick Kane trade in the works!

duncan44

Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Bjugstad, and two firsts would do it.

I can't see Florida giving up Ekblad. Florida has the cap space, and it would save the Hawks on cap space (for now).

I don't see Florida offering that much, but from a Chicago perspective I would take that trade (assuming Kane has to be dealt).

Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Bjugstad, and two firsts would do it.

I can't see Florida giving up Ekblad. Florida has the cap space, and it would save the Hawks on cap space (for now).

If Kane did what he is accused of, such a price would be highway robbery for Chicago.

Tallon knows better than that.

One of the most over-rated, one dimensional players in the NHL.

If you can't feed him the kind of minutes he needs, he's as much a liability as there is in the NHL.

Plays very soft minutes for a 'superstar' - very high ozone starts, weak competition - the other side of his game requires it. At the same time, puts up mediocre possession numbers on a premier puck possession team.

Yeah - I know - the highlight reel fans on here will object and over-react.....'but, but have you seen him play? he's mmmmagggiccc!'

As good a situational player as he is, there are also all the obvious limits to his game, and moreover, his production should be kept not only in the context of his team-mates and SC lineups, but also how soft his minutes are.

If a team has the kind of supporting cast Chicago does, he may complement them.

But some of the proposals here - Bjugstad, Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad plus two firsts... are absolutely nutters - beyond nuts.

man do I ever agree with you old news. No way I would give up what people are proposing on this board for Kane. I bet on another team he isn't the players he is when on the Hawks. Nevermind the 10 million.

Maybe it's the right time for bowman to trade him. They've won 3 cups together, they have given him a great place to play since being drafted. His cap hit hasn't come into play yet, so you let someone else stick out the term.

His value is at an all time high, so the return would be monstrous. With there skillful development, who's to say they won't have another gem. His loss would definitely hurt, but it would aswell when he starts to degress. Just rip off the bandaid instead of tugging at it. Very tough decision for bowman, we'll see what he does.

Maybe it's the right time for bowman to trade him. They've won 3 cups together, they have given him a great place to play since being drafted. His cap hit hasn't come into play yet, so you let someone else stick out the term.

His value is at an all time high, so the return would be monstrous. With there skillful development, who's to say they won't have another gem. His loss would definitely hurt, but it would aswell when he starts to degress. Just rip off the bandaid instead of tugging at it. Very tough decision for bowman, we'll see what he does.

To CHI

Girgenson

Ennis

Grigirenko

2016 1st

To BUFF

Kane

Kane O Reilly Kane

Moulson Eichel Gionta

Then with Reinhart coming through that could be a sick top 6 in 3 yrs

Kane Eichel Kane

Moulson Reinhart O Reilly

To CHI

Girgenson

Ennis

Grigirenko

2016 1st

To BUFF

Kane

Kane O Reilly Kane

Moulson Eichel Gionta

Kane Eichel Kane

hate to break it to you but grigorenko is avalanche property. He was traded there in the o'Reilly deal.

To CHI

Girgenson

Ennis

Grigirenko

2016 1st

To BUFF

Kane

Kane O Reilly Kane

Moulson Eichel Gionta

Kane Eichel Kane

Grigorenko was traded to the Avalanche in the R. O'Reilly deal.

That's underpayment too. More like...

To Sabres: P. Kane

Tropp

(Conditional) pick 2017

To Blackhawks: Ennis

M. Foligno

Eric Cornel

Linus Ullmark

2017 1st

2016 2nd

You really think Kane is gonna go to a place where he just got accused of rape?

If anything he would want to disappear from the media by going to a team like Florida.

Chicago cares about the bad press, but does Kane?

I could see both Florida (the Tallon connection), as well as Buffalo being at the top of the list.

I don't know, oldnews. He may not be the most defensively minded player, like at all, but there is no denying his ridiculous skill level, speed, and agility. He is an upper echelon player in the league without question, but he couldn't back check to save his life.

I still remember that game last year against Chicago where Bo went behind Chicago's net and manhandled Kane, stripping him of the puck. Kane's reaction was as if someone unplugged the controller.

Oldnews doesn't think Doughty is a top defender in the league and is overrated, yet everyone in the hockey world sees him atleast as a top 5 defender. He likes to bring up all kinds of lame stats.

Doughty in the playoffs and olympics is about as good as it gets. Only Keith is up there with him imo.

Same things said about Kane can be said about Stamkos and most other offensive stars. Difference is Kane is clutch and scores big goals when it matters.

One of the most over-rated, one dimensional players in the NHL.

If you can't feed him the kind of minutes he needs, he's as much a liability as there is in the NHL.

Plays very soft minutes for a 'superstar' - very high ozone starts, weak competition - the other side of his game requires it. At the same time, puts up mediocre possession numbers on a premier puck possession team.

Yeah - I know - the highlight reel fans on here will object and over-react.....'but, but have you seen him play? he's mmmmagggiccc!'

As good a situational player as he is, there are also all the obvious limits to his game, and moreover, his production should be kept not only in the context of his team-mates and SC lineups, but also how soft his minutes are.

If a team has the kind of supporting cast Chicago does, he may complement them.

But some of the proposals here - Bjugstad, Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad plus two firsts... are absolutely nutters - beyond nuts.

Still one of the most offensively talented players in the league and one the best playoff performers of this era. Kane is also as clutch as they come.

Arguably the best american player of this era so far.

Advanced stats or not 3 cups are nothing to joke and neither is at a ppg in over 100 playoff games. 8 years younger and probably could acquire more playoff points than both Sedin twins combined before his career is over.

He has accomplished a hell of a lot for a player his size and is a key presence on the Blackhawks.

Still one of the most offensively talented players in the league and one the best playoff performers of this era. Kane is also as clutch as they come.

Arguably the best american player of this era so far.

Advanced stats or not 3 cups are nothing to joke and neither is at a ppg in over 100 playoff games. 8 years younger and probably could acquire more playoff points than both Sedin twins combined before his career is over.

He has accomplished a hell of a lot for a player his size and is a key presence on the Blackhawks.

not a Kessel fan I take it?

if Kane is the best American of this era, that would explain the collosal failures of their national team.

I'd take Ryan Suter or Jonathon Quick over the NHL's other premier floater (actually, probably a bigger floater than Kessel).

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/winter_olympics_hockey_5_reasons_to_be_disgusted_with_team_usa.html

not a Kessel fan I take it?

if Kane is the best American of this era, that would explain the collosal failures of their national team.

I'd take Ryan Suter or Jonathon Quick over the NHL's other premier floater (actually, probably a bigger floater than Kessel).

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/winter_olympics_hockey_5_reasons_to_be_disgusted_with_team_usa.html

You don't like Kane, we get it. However, even though Kane is far more offensively minded than others, the benefit to this is that he ALWAYS delivers when it matters, and that's not an overstatement either. In every year the Hawks have won the cup, he shows up every time. Even this last year after being out for 2 months with a shoulder injury, he came back just in time for the playoffs and looked like he never missed a beat.

It's one thing to not care about defense, then not show up (ie. Kessel, Ovechkin up until this last playoff), it's quite another thing to focus on offence and come though every single time. That's why Kane is so valuable. You put him on the ice and the guy wins.

However, even though Kane is far more offensively minded than others, the benefit to this is that he ALWAYS delivers when it matters, and that's not an overstatement either. In every year the Hawks have won the cup, he shows up every time. Even this last year after being out for 2 months with a shoulder injury, he came back just in time for the playoffs and looked like he never missed a beat.

It's one thing to not care about defense, then not show up (ie. Kessel, Ovechkin up until this last playoff), it's quite another thing to focus on offence and come though every single time. That's why Kane is so valuable. You put him on the ice and the guy wins.

he shows up.... unless he's scared of the Edler train ;)

I deleted your first sentence because it's both a presumption and irrelevent to the matter we're discussing. I've said nothing about his character or lack of, his personality or whatnot - I can't be bothered - I'm talking about the hockey player, not the person.

As for always showing up when it matters, I take it you didn't read the link.

If I were surrounded by Toews, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp et al, I would't find it that challenging to show up to be honest.

Archived