The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger, Forerunners of a potential Canadian Musical Dynasty: Seperated

TOMapleLaughs

Who's coming with me, to kick a hole in the sky?
I love the whiskey, let's drink that $&!# til it's dry.
So grab a Jim Beam, JD, whatever you need.
Have a shot from the bottle, doesn't matter to me.
'Nother round, fill 'er up , hammer down, grab a cup, bottoms up!

This is what it's all about, no one can slow us down.
We ain't gonna stop until the clock runs out.
(Bottoms up)
Hell can't handle all of us, so get your bottles up.
Drinkin' every drop until it all runs out.
'Nother round, fill 'er up, hammer down, grab a cup, bottoms up!

Ohhh, bottoms up

I love the whiskey, let's drink that crap til it's dry.

(Bottoms up)

Ohhh, bottoms up

Is this from one of their mixtapes?

How do they suck? They write songs about real issues, unlike all the lame pop artists out there today

Yeah...that song "Rockstar" really speaks to me about that real life issue I had when I was a rockstar. And their other songs "someday", "What are you waiting for", "Saving me" etc...all remind me of other problems in my life and aren't just random pop/rock music words put together in sort of sentences...Plus they manage to do it all in the same 3 chords!

I love the whiskey, let's drink that crap til it's dry.

(Bottoms up)

Ohhh, bottoms up

One more depending on a prayer

And we all look away

People pretending everywhere

It's just another day

There's bullets flying through the air

And they still carry on

We watch it happen over there

And then just turn it off

Yeah...that song "Rockstar" really speaks to me about that real life issue I had when I was a rockstar. And their other songs "someday", "What are you waiting for", "Saving me" etc...all remind me of other problems in my life and aren't just random pop/rock music words put together in sort of sentences...Plus they manage to do it all in the same 3 chords!

Like I said, these are just their radio hits, their best work is hidden. And what's wrong with Someday? That one's a banger

How do they suck? They write songs about real issues, unlike all the lame pop artists out there today

Possible trolling but they are basically a lame pop artist. Many of their songs follow the same formula (raunchy sex bangers like Something In Your Mouth or generic feel good vaguely "meaningful" songs like If Everyone Cared). Their song structure is very generic rock and not in a cool way.

I do enjoy some of their songs, but I enjoy them on the level that they're meant to be enjoyed on. Which is driving around or getting smashed with your buddies, not sitting in your bedroom and analyzing the complex instrumentation and lyrics (except for some of their earlier work, which is less formulaic although not particularly groundbreaking). In terms of Canadian rock bands I would put others far ahead of them, Rush being at the top.

They are basically a lame pop artist. Many of their songs follow the same formula (raunchy sex bangers like Something In Your Mouth or generic feel good vaguely "meaningful" songs like If Everyone Cared). Their song structure is very generic rock and not in a cool way.

I do enjoy some of their songs, but I enjoy them on the level that they're meant to be enjoyed on. Which is driving around or getting smashed with your buddies, not sitting in your bedroom and analyzing the complex instrumentation and lyrics (except for some of their earlier work, which is less formulaic although not particularly groundbreaking). In terms of Canadian rock bands I would put others far ahead of them, Rush being at the top.

18f48c5a.jpeg

They are basically a lame pop artist. Many of their songs follow the same formula (raunchy sex bangers like Something In Your Mouth or generic feel good vaguely "meaningful" songs like If Everyone Cared). Their song structure is very generic rock and not in a cool way.

There is Rush.

But if you qualify Neil Young as a rock n roll artist I'd say it's a tie.

Imo Neil Youngs best work is early work and more folky to folky rock. Considering some of his most famous songs were written as an 18-19 year old imo that puts him at the top of the list of best Canadian music artists.

But ye as far as best Canadian rock band it's Rush followed by a series of empty space and then anyone else.

Edit:

In fact I'll go so far as to say that Neil Young ranks up with any music artist - the best of them:

Wicked awesome trolling.

Yup...not only did he manage to get people to argue with him, he managed to get me to look up a list of nickelback songs...and then listen to about 3 seconds of "someday" and remember that it was not indeed a "banger".

Yup...not only did he manage to get people to argue with him, he managed to get me to look up a list of nickelback songs...and then listen to about 3 seconds of "someday" and remember that it was not indeed a "banger".

hahaha. and i ended up listening to this junk, too.

I remember a few years back the rock radio station in PG took several nickelback songs played them all back to back and then played them all simultaneously in one mashup. They all sounded like the exact same song. Like you almost couldn't tell they were playing multiple tracks at the same time.

Ouch. Gross.

You must flush your musical memory.

This may not be your style but it will work as a knickletrash rince:

http://youtu.be/N1vvayRpcEU

Archived