The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Innocent man killed in Abbotsford shooting

Rockeh

What really makes me angry is how unnecessary being in a gang is here. We pretty much won the f'n lottery on places to live in the world when it comes to opportunity and quality of life, yet some people just want to pretend they live in Compton in the 80s. You know who didn't want to live in Compton in the 80s? People in Compton. Just like Arcade Fire said, "...kids want to be so hard"

Not to say that I am more knowledgeable about the topic of gangs, because I too find it difficult to comprehend the need to be in a gang as well, there is more to it than 'winning the f'n lottery'.

It's surprising how many (Canadian) gang members come from well-off families, including wealthy ones. The concept of power, money and respect is what draws a lot of people in. They get enamored by the fast life, like they're somebody important. There's the sense of identity. They have new comrades working together. Lastly, even though people's families may be rich, he/she wants to make it on his/her own. He/she may also be underachieving too in their parents' eyes.

For guys, the respect gained can be substantial. There is power in numbers and one probably feels invincible. They'll feel that people fear them, especially when there is protection from his peers and new friends. That kind of power may be hard to resist.

I'm also guessing that the recruiters and its leaders are highly influential and/or charismatic. They 'sell' the idea to youngsters. They can make more money and a greater impact on society than they can imagine.

For girls, there's also a sense of belonging. They make money and meet these boyfriends that are powerful. However, there are potential female role models inside gangs that have made it on their own. I can imagine that they too feel empowered.

It doesn't make sense why people want to throw their life away, but it's also extremely difficult, if not impossible, to leave once you're in. People are shot by rival gangs, simply because you joined the wrong one. The amount of resources that these gangs have is quite unbelievable.

I don't believe gangs can be solved with politics and task officers. When one gang goes down, another will rise to take its place.

Not to say that I am more knowledgeable about the topic of gangs, because I too find it difficult to comprehend the need to be in a gang as well, there is more to it than 'winning the f'n lottery'.

It's surprising how many (Canadian) gang members come from well-off families, including wealthy ones. The concept of power, money and respect is what draws a lot of people in. They get enamored by the fast life, like they're somebody important. There's the sense of identity. They have new comrades working together. Lastly, even though people's families may be rich, he/she wants to make it on his/her own. He/she may also be underachieving too in their parents' eyes.

For guys, the respect gained can be substantial. There is power in numbers and one probably feels invincible. They'll feel that people fear them, especially when there is protection from his peers and new friends. That kind of power may be hard to resist.

I'm also guessing that the recruiters and its leaders are highly influential and/or charismatic. They 'sell' the idea to youngsters. They can make more money and a greater impact on society than they can imagine.

For girls, there's also a sense of belonging. They make money and meet these boyfriends that are powerful. However, there are potential female role models inside gangs that have made it on their own. I can imagine that they too feel empowered.

It doesn't make sense why people want to throw their life away, but it's also extremely difficult, if not impossible, to leave once you're in. People are shot by rival gangs, simply because you joined the wrong one. The amount of resources that these gangs have is quite unbelievable.

I don't believe gangs can be solved with politics and task officers. When one gang goes down, another will rise to take its place.

It's the second best solution in lieu of society holding elected officials' balls to the fire for a change, which first requires them to hold their own balls to a fire and to stop making incumbents of crappy people. When society decides to start living to a higher standard to set the example, they can then expect that of their representatives. As such, a higher standard means less gangs, because less people will find more productive outlets for the various reasons in joining a gang.

You want these to stop, there is only one way. Hang a couple of them, the old school way that's the only way Surrey and Abbotsford will make it.

This will continue to get worst, since the laws not doing anything and oh yeah the human rights movement will probaly condemn the movement. However, if it was me I would hang these Jacks, so the message gets sent clear.

If this continues, than the indian community better be ready to face what america is facing with african american community. (eg black lives matter, well years from now if these jacks don't stop you will see many cases were cops give up) It will slowly get to that level were cops will just start shooting them and sadly innocent ppl who match the description. All it will take to escalate is these jacks accidently kill a innocent kid or a cop. Bottom line, it's only going to get worst for the Indian community and because of these jacks we will all be paying the price. Just watch.

No! Not Surrey Jack!

Archived