The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Metal detectors being introduced this year... chaos?

DonaldBrashear

I went to 6 games at Rogers Arena last season, but after implementing these new security measures I will not attend anymore Canucks games. I feel it is completely unnecessary and quite insulting. We pride ourselves on being nothing like the USA and we are slowly tilting towards a police state. This is a gradual tactic to ease the transition into such state and make us more comfortable with more security and checkpoints and searches that violate our constitutional rights and freedoms. I never had an interest in posting here but created this account specifically for this post. I can't stress enough how really disappointed I am with the NHL and Vancouver Canucks. FINALLY!! THE ANSWER TO ALL THOSE BOMBINGS, STABBINGS AND MASSIVE GUN VIOLENCE THAT HAS PLAGUED OUR HOCKEY GAMES FOR SO LONG. You just lost a loyal paying customer. Is that what you wanted??

Oh good, an extra empty seat for someone who wants to watch the Canucks play while assured of a certain degree of safety and security. Would you rather wait until there's a deadly incident at Rogers Arena first? In this day of folks wanting proactive responses rather than reactive responses when someone is killed in incidents like we have seen before, it's a wise move and good move. I'm sure you'd much rather avoid the possibility of a tragic incident than wait til one has occurred before whining and crying that there should have been more security so it could never have happened in the first place.

This is a gradual tactic to ease the transition into such state and make us more comfortable with more security and checkpoints and searches that violate our constitutional rights and freedoms

Seriously....dude...... go to a country where there really are worthy issues with 'constitutional rights and freedoms violations' and educate yourself. It would appear that your username is most apt.

You brainwashed morons have no idea. Was the arena not safe and secure for the last 20 years??? So should we have ID checks, metal detectors and searches at all public forums now?? Movie theatres, malls, office towers, ferries all should make the proactive approach and set up security checks. Look forward to tyranny do you?? U pathetic little puppets

You brainwashed morons have no idea. Was the arena not safe and secure for the last 20 years??? So should we have ID checks, metal detectors and searches at all public forums now?? Movie theatres, malls, office towers, ferries all should make the proactive approach and set up security checks. Look forward to tyranny do you?? U pathetic little puppets

If a person has nothing to hide then a slight delay at a metal detector to get into a venue that is going to be crowded with tens of thousands of people shouldn't be an issue. If it means heightened safety and security for the patrons attending a game, then what's your problem? Unless YOU have something to hide? I suppose you'd rather wait til someone goes completely off the rails, people are killed or injured and then you'll be first in line screaming, whining and bitching because there weren't enough security measures in place.

I think as far as 'brainwashed morons' go.....you are in a distinct minority of people who see conspiracy everywhere. It must be a very scary little world you live in where something designed to keep people safe (safer) is so terrifying that it will keep you from a hockey game.

Once again, thank you for the extra empty seat at Rogers Arena that will now be available to someone who will be able to watch the game with thousands of others in an increased sense of safety and security.

LMAO at the 'tyranny' of it all.

There is conspiracy everywhere, if you don't know that you're completely daft. I'm done with this, I said what I wanted to say. Enjoying paying sky high prices for tickets where there are increasingly more and more "empty seats" and an overrated team that really doesn't deserve my patronage. Kirk out!!

Cool story bro!

I sit my ass down in front of my big screen TV, and don't worry about how long it takes to get through security. I hated the safety nets. I hated the glass. And now this measure just confirms, it's better to watch from my Lazy Boy.

You hate the glass? With the amount of hits and pucks being chipped off the glass, I'm thankful the glass is there. Otherwise, we'd have a whole bundle of injuries, deaths, and lawsuits just from the glass not being there. The net was installed because a young girl was killed because a puck hit her on the head. With the amount of pucks being deflected out of play in the defensive zone, I'm glad the net is there. It's for safety reasons.

How is your tinfoil hat working for you? Better check under your bed tonight for the bugg.... I mean government. Its all a conspiracy man.

People like this make me laugh, they actually think they could handle protecting their family in situation but when it comes down to it they will be hiding in a corner crapping their pants.

Please do us all a favor and stay away from Rogers arena. Also Disneyland, because ether have metal doctors too.

One last thing, please never go to an airport, you are in for a nasty surprise

Parroted... er, spoken exactly as you've been conditioned.

Exactly people have the right to fell safe. I have no problem walking through a metal detector because I have nothing to hide. People's rights to personal safety seem to get ignored here

They are trying to reduce threats of all kinds.

If a person has nothing to hide

as long as people dont have anything to hide, wont take too long..

Spoken by conditioned slaves.

I went to 6 games at Rogers Arena last season, but after implementing these new security measures I will not attend anymore Canucks games. I feel it is completely unnecessary and quite insulting. We pride ourselves on being nothing like the USA and we are slowly tilting towards a police state. This is a gradual tactic to ease the transition into such state and make us more comfortable with more security and checkpoints and searches that violate our constitutional rights and freedoms. I never had an interest in posting here but created this account specifically for this post. I can't stress enough how really disappointed I am with the NHL and Vancouver Canucks. FINALLY!! THE ANSWER TO ALL THOSE BOMBINGS, STABBINGS AND MASSIVE GUN VIOLENCE THAT HAS PLAGUED OUR HOCKEY GAMES FOR SO LONG. You just lost a loyal paying customer. Is that what you wanted??

...and spoken by someone who can think rationally and actually see and understand what is going around him.

He's right. You mentally-enslaved TV-brainwashed statist bootlicker sheep are so caught up in fear you do not deserve whatever freedom it is you think you have. It's absolutely pathetic, and you are going to get and rightly deserve everything you wish for -- good and hard.

...and spoken by someone who can think rationally and actually see and understand what is going around him.

He's right. You mentally-enslaved TV-brainwashed statist bootlicker sheep are so caught up in fear you do not deserve whatever freedom it is you think you have. It's absolutely pathetic, and you are going to get and rightly deserve everything you wish for -- good and hard.

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

Baaaa...... :lol:

Question, do you lock your door to your house at night or when your away?

Works fine in Calgary and that's a much older building with not a whole lot of entrances. Basically, you walk through and the take a quick look in your bag. I don't think it has really slowed anything down.

This is where we can all do our part. Just bring what you need to the game. People bringing backpacks. People bringing in food and drinks. That's what slows it all down.

An enjoyable and safe night out? Why, thank you!

As long as there's no salmon detector I am cool with it.

Overdue, IMO. Canada is generally friendly but considering hockey fans consume more beer than fans of any other sport it's a disaster waiting to happen. Nobody wants to get shanked.

DFO has some dogs trained to sniff out seafood....

Archived