The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What rules would you change?

Rubik

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First get rid of the reffing style where penalties are not called for entertainment. It's completely subjective on behalf of the ref and can really screw some teams in critical times. All penalties must be called. If you don't want to kill penalties all game then stop hooking guys faster than you.

Second the "Mike Smith Rule" when a goalie abuses his immunity to obstruct another player from the puck, he's called for interference or delay of game.

No more shootouts. Ten minutes 4 on 4 overtime and if no one wins then no one gets a point. You can only gets points for winning.

It's either a dive or a legit penalty. Have the guts to call one or the other.

I would take away the trapezoid, and have the rulebook enforced and stay the same throughout the season and playoffs. When the playoffs come much fewer calls are made and honestly no one seems to know what a penalty is....just keep it consistent.

How can a normal roughing call in the reg season be fine in the playoffs? I just don't understand the logic behind that.

Also, just reading some of the suggestions above; call the dive or the trip, it shouldn't be both!

Because the fact that Colin Campbell's son was on the Bruins is not a conflict of interest?

Keep it real dawgzz

so if you were in charge would you have fired colin campbell without cause or not allowed greg campbell to play in the nhl?

Automatic penalty for lifting the puck over the glass in the defensive zone.

I hate how it leads to so many 5-3 power-plays.

This immediately came to mind for me too. So ridiculous...especially near the end of a close, hard fought game. Awful.

If soccer can have ties, aka. draws, so can hockey. The standings used to be the true measuring stick between great, good, average and bad teams when ties were part of the game. Unlike baseball with one swing of the bat and depending on how many runners, if any, are on the bases and basketball that is very high-scoring, scoring in soccer and in hockey(more so than ever) is a challenge. Getting wins in hockey used to be hard-earned.

Ties used to be like consolation wins against much better teams, particularly on the road, and like a semi-loss against inferior competition. Ties also give the standings more versatility.

Archived