The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Highschool Football Ref punished for bad call

Dral

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wot if Burrows did that to Auger??

Auger STILL would have gotten off easy. Bottom line is the NHL refs have shown they won't act like professionals voluntarily. Maybe the threat of being put in the hospital might force guys like Sutherland to start cleaning up their act a little.

It's similar to being expected to answer the bell after a dirty hit. If you're going to rig a game, you better be ready to pay the price.

Both should be done for the rest of the season at least and the coach should be fired.

Everyone loves to hate referees, but in 99.9% of the cases, they are impartial. Yes, sometimes calls are missed and yes, it is frustrating. However, referees are human and like any human, they will occasionally make mistakes in the course of doing their job.

They certainly do not deserve to be physically assaulted, when one team or another decides that they didn't like a call.

Apparently the refs were making racist remarks to the players.

The only problem with "the ref called him a n!gger" story is that they're a couple of Hispanic kids with the last names Moreno and Rojas.

That and a coach named Mack Breed has been suspended for telling the players that "he needs to pay for cheating us".

The only problem with "the ref called him a n!gger" story is that they're a couple of Hispanic kids with the last names Moreno and Rojas.

That and a coach named Mack Breed has been suspended for telling the players that "he needs to pay for cheating us".

Given how many Americans call Sikhs "haji's" it wouldn't surprise me to see them call Mexicans the n word.

Anyways ref deserved it. Time for the ref and players to face off in football Summerslam after he calls them out over the PA during a game.

Apparently the refs were making racist remarks to the players.

Yeah, if I had done something as stupid as these two and realized that I might never have a chance to play organized football again, I'd probably try and think up some plausible reason to explain my actions.

Now what could I say that couldn't be disproven, yet might possibly keep me from being suspended?

The 2 players are being investigated by the local police for this attack on the ref. Charges are expected to be filed for misdemeanor assault once the investigation is complete. The 2 players have been banned from all levels of organized football and are currently suspended from school.

Assistant coach Mack Breed has been suspended for a recorded comment earlier in the game where he says "That guy needs to pay for cheating us"

If he was being a racist pos like some reports have said, I'm fine with it.

There seems to be no history to back that up. 14 years as a ref and this is the only instance? The kids are grasping at straws with that angle. Their football careers are over, their academic careers are in jeopardy and they face possible criminal charges. They would say anything to get out of even a small part of that.

People here seem to be under the impression that if he did use racist language that would somehow excuse the actions of the students. Assault is still assault. They would still be perma banned from organized football. They would still be suspended from school. The police investigation would continue with the added evidence of motive.

Archived