The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Transgender woman barred from mosque unless she dresses as a man or can "prove" she's a woman

Mr. Ambien

I don't know. What's going to happen and how is it relevant to the topic?

If you want to use fictitious could-be contexts to argue against societal acceptance of a legitimate condition, go make another thread with that as the discussion point.

e: I guess bathrooms were mentioned in the article, but still - ridiculous post contributing nothing. As if someone's going to play dress-up to invade a mosque's facilities lol.

All of that, just for me?

PS: Your post contributed less than mine did.

Yes and no. Other than people dying, which is terrible, I'm just wondering what would happen afterwards

Still a real dumb thought to even wonder what would happen if one of the most sacred places in a religion was to be NUKED. And I've seen you comment saying you would want to see a world war 3 just to see what would happen. So if anything remotely close to what you suggested actually ever occurs you will get your wish for a world war. Also next time your at the doctors get your head checked.

Still a real dumb thought to even wonder what would happen if one of the most sacred places in a religion was to be NUKED. And I've seen you comment saying you would want to see a world war 3 just to see what would happen. So if anything remotely close to what you suggested actually ever occurs you will get your wish for a world war. Also next time your at the doctors get your head checked.

It was just a hypothetical question, no need to jump all over him....

(Really though, the only reason I'm excited for WW3 is because I believe Jesus will come back relatively shortly afterwards - the sixth seal and all that - whether you believe that or not, that's your decision).

I just want something exciting worldwide to happen. As of right now, there really is nothing new under the sun. Life drags on.

It's definitely bad if people are killed, and if I had the chance to start WW3 or even drop a bomb on Mecca, I'd pass on it. I just want to know what the result would be if the muslim holy site were to be destroyed, or removed, even.

(Really though, the only reason I'm excited for WW3 is because I believe Jesus will come back relatively shortly afterwards - the sixth seal and all that - whether you believe that or not, that's your decision).

I just want something exciting worldwide to happen. As of right now, there really is nothing new under the sun. Life drags on.

It's definitely bad if people are killed, and if I had the chance to start WW3 or even drop a bomb on Mecca, I'd pass on it. I just want to know what the result would be if the muslim holy site were to be destroyed, or removed, even.

Question -- do you have a job, or a family?

I mean.. even if I were religious, I don't exactly see the benefit of them all dying and the world ending per se. Even though the world wouldn't end.

Here's a discussion from Quora:

What would be the likely aftermath of a nuclear attack on Mecca?
Militarily, geopolitically and theologically (within Islam).

And address these three possible variables into the hypothetical, since I imagine it would make a big difference who is responsible for vaporizing the Kabaa and holy city:

1) Israel did it as retaliation for a nuclear strike, possibly in its final days on the planet.
2) The United States did it to put an end to a series of nuclear detonations in the region and at home.
3) (Most interesting option) A small Islamic fringe group did it due to some obscure eschatological beliefs in hastening the end times or bringing back the 12th Imam (or whatever—point being that it was neither Big nor Small Satan at work here).

Discuss…

See some answers from people here:

http://www.quora.com/What-would-be-the-likely-aftermath-of-a-nuclear-attack-on-Mecca

And address these three possible variables into the hypothetical, since I imagine it would make a big difference who is responsible for vaporizing the Kabaa and holy city:

1) Israel did it as retaliation for a nuclear strike, possibly in its final days on the planet.

2) The United States did it to put an end to a series of nuclear detonations in the region and at home.

3) (Most interesting option) A small Islamic fringe group did it due to some obscure eschatological beliefs in hastening the end times or bringing back the 12th Imam (or whatever—point being that it was neither Big nor Small Satan at work here).

Discuss…

http://www.quora.com/What-would-be-the-likely-aftermath-of-a-nuclear-attack-on-Mecca

Is there a Civilization scenario for this? Sounds fun.

Question -- do you have a job, or a family?

I mean.. even if I were religious, I don't exactly see the benefit of them all dying and the world ending per se. Even though the world wouldn't end.

My family and I are all Christians, so banking on Jesus being real (which many people on here would jump at the chance to say "nope" to), they'd all be well and good either way.

Again, death is never cool, but I just want something exciting to happen in the world.

Discuss…

Thanks. Tis what I was looking for.

My family and I are all Christians, so banking on Jesus being real (which many people on here would jump at the chance to say "nope" to), they'd all be well and good either way.

Again, death is never cool, but I just want something exciting to happen in the world.

It's strange that someone would want to live in the theoretical end-times. :huh:.. all because the world is boring? :lol:

So millions of people dead and you are "wow look at the pretty explosions"?

Archived